PDA

View Full Version : If You Use Aol Read This

Coty
07-05-2003, 07:20 PM
the message below is a conversation i had with aol, about how we can't recieve the topic reply notification, they just kept trying to say it was the board's fault....but here it is.........

Welcome BadBoyCotyB ...
Connecting to server. Please wait...
Connected to server. An agent will be with you shortly
Welcome to America Online's customer service, a customer service consultant will be with you shortly.
sitlin2206 has joined this session!
Hello, coty. Welcome to Live Technical Support. My name is Curtis.
BadBoyCotyB stated the question or problem as: i need alittle help with spam controls.
Are you contacting us about the computer you are using? You said: yes.
sitlin2206: Pleased to meet you, Coty. -:)
sitlin2206: How are you doing today ?
BadBoyCotyB: i am a member of a website with message forums on it, BadBoyCotyB: and when i make a reply to a topic, i should recieve email from that website when someone else replie, but here lately i think it is being filtered out as spam, and those emails are very important to me
sitlin2206: Thank you for the above information..
BadBoyCotyB: is there something you can do to tell me how to fix this
sitlin2206: Coty, Please allow me to explain.....
BadBoyCotyB: ok
sitlin2206: I understand that you have accidentally spamed a email address and you want to undo it, Correct?
BadBoyCotyB: no i didn't spam that email address, there is several other people at this message board having the same
problem, and we have come to the conclusion that it AOL doing this.
sitlin2206: Thank y ou
sitlin2206: Thank you for the clarification.
sitlin2206: Please tell me are you unable to access the message board?
BadBoyCotyB: no i can still contact the board i just don't recieve my replies from them
sitlin2206: In that case you need to contact them through email ....
BadBoyCotyB: i have, and they say that they haven't changed a thing, its aol that is blocking them out
sitlin2206: AOL does not restrict any person ..... to make changes.....
BadBoyCotyB: well is there a way to take this stupid spam thing off
sitlin2206: It is a member message Board and they have the full right to do any thing....
BadBoyCotyB: but i am wanting to take it off my mail controls....you are taking this the wrong way
sitlin2206: Okay....
sitlin2206: Let's just take it step by step. Please tell me when you're ready. :-)
BadBoyCotyB: oh i am ready
sitlin2206: Please go to AOL Keyword: MAIL CONTROLS. Click NEXT.
BadBoyCotyB: i have already went through that, and changed it
sitlin2206: Did you remove it from the block list?
BadBoyCotyB: it is not on my block list
sitlin2206: then.....
sitlin2206: Coty, that means you have neither blocked any person ..
BadBoyCotyB: that is what i have been saying the whole time
sitlin2206: Yes..... I know Coty....I was checking out if there is any problem in our end ...
BadBoyCotyB: well i hope that AOL finds the problem soon, cause there is gonna be alot of dissatisfied customers out there before too long, i know where there is about 100 of them right now. so i hope you have a good day, i am outta here
!!!!!

:clap :clap :clap

Billy Golightly
07-05-2003, 08:03 PM
i suppose it could be a problem here...(The boards have been pretty F'ed up lately with our host resetting everything everytime a watch ticks) But If other people are not having any problems then I don't know. I still need more information from who is, and who isn't having problems. Like your ISP, your browser, and your THEME here on the board. Like Subsilver, SubBlack3d, Ect.

Coty
07-05-2003, 11:37 PM
mine is subblack 3d, and as for isp i guess mine is aol..???? :rolleyes:

Honda300ex
07-05-2003, 11:42 PM
I have aol too and i am not getting mine.. I never did anything with the spam stuff ither but, it makes me be on the site more.. ;)

2strokepwer
07-05-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm having the same problem with recieving notifications of replies.

atcpunk107
07-06-2003, 11:03 AM
i am having probs with getting replys also with aol and my thing is subblack3d

Wickedfinger
07-06-2003, 12:22 PM
.... hmmmmm, I use AOL - I dont seem to have any problems at all receiving reply messages.

J.D.
07-06-2003, 01:31 PM
What "theme" do you use Wicked? you too Coty...maybe we can find a pattern or something?

Billy Golightly
07-06-2003, 02:05 PM
I recieved several emails bouncing back this morning which were topic reply notifications. All of which came from AOL. Honda300ex, I'll use the one I got bounced that was to you as an example:

To: Admins@3wheelerworld.com
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

chevysmasher1@aol.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:
host mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.89]: 550 DIRECT CONNECTION FROM DIAL-UP OR DYNAMIC-IP DENIED

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <Admins@3wheelerworld.com>
Received: from nobody by secure4.hosting-coalition.net with local (Exim 4.20)
id 19ZCWs-0001ot-JI
for chevysmasher1@aol.com; Sun, 06 Jul 2003 11:38:22 -0500
To: chevysmasher1@aol.com
Subject: Topic Reply Notification - I got a digital Camera Finally.. hehe TONS of pics
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:38:22 UT
Message-Id: <E19ZCWs-0001ot-JI@secure4.hosting-coalition.net>

Hello Honda300ex,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "I got a digital Camera Finally.. hehe TONS of pics" at 3WHeeLeR WoRLD FoRums. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=60392#60392

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=9577&amp;unwatch=topic

--
Thanks, The 3WHeeLeR WoRLD Team

This leads me to believe it IS a problem with AOL. Perhaps if one of you folks with AOL that are having problems would like to contact them, I've probably got a bounced email I could post for you and then you could copy/paste into a chat for them?

Howdy
07-06-2003, 02:15 PM
I have 10 of those bounced emails myself. To get your replys you might think of having a Hotmail, Yahoo, or other such accounts just for this. It looks as if AOL is at fault.
Howdy

J.D.
07-06-2003, 02:24 PM
Good ol' AOL for ya, LOL!

Honda300ex
07-06-2003, 02:47 PM
This is the first problem i have ever had getting them, It just started this week. So how do you think i might fix it??

Billy Golightly
07-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Don't know, either open up a yahoo-hotmail-ect account, OR try to get in contact with AOL and read them that email that bounced back to me.