PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Tobacco Users

tanks350x
01-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I know it's a bad habbit but do any of you roll your own? A guy I know turned me on to this... With these times being so tough right now, it makes perfect sence.. All said and done a pack now costs me $1.10 at most, compared to $6.and change in Mass.. And $39.50 a carton in N.H.. Do the math.. and for me, they taste better than my regular brand. I wish I could quit but, this a great alternative for sure:welcome:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/th_MyRCoffroadstuff014.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/?action=view&current=MyRCoffroadstuff014.flv)
It's so simple rolling your own

Dirtcrasher
01-25-2009, 02:47 PM
:lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats crazy and great all in one!! It would be better if your were smoking while taking the video :D

Gotta save where ya can bud!!

The Goat
01-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Yep. Buy you a can of Bali shag red. It's amazing. Also, get you some "pure hemp" papers. That's the brand. Amazingly smooth.

I smoke a bag every three weeks or so. It's so damned good.

I can't stress enough how much a good paper makes the difference.

I can handroll now just a even as a purchased one, just took time.

fabiodriven
01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
That's sweet, Tank! Do they make menthol's?

Dirtcrasher
01-25-2009, 04:09 PM
If you guys are rolling your own stuff, is there any chance it has less of the Nicotine and or other addictive and bad chemicals added by the tobacco big daddys??

Could it be BETTER for your health to smoke the stuff in a bag? or are they just as greedy and adding nicotine themselves??

For that matter, what does a Tobacco plant itself have for a nicotine content? They add more to it chemically don't they??

Wow, imagine if you guys could grow your own tobacco and still enjoy the smoke but slowly get away from the addictive chemicals in it...............

Just a thought, I don't want to see you guys to die ya know. And Roy, I love ya bud, but smoking and being a bit heavy.....well you know where that leads you. I've seen guys drop dead in there 40's and many of us are close to that age.

Wouldn't want to miss you on any of the rides bud :beer:

Gearheadtom
01-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't smoke, but I remember my grandfather getting me to roll for him if he and my grandmother were both busy.

Mosh
01-25-2009, 06:06 PM
We have been doing that for a year now....
We even use the same tubes you do.
But we bought one of the big rolling machines..24 bucks
You can roll a carton in about 20 minutes.

Fabio,
They make menthol tube filters and tobacco too.

Saul
01-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Been rolling my own cig's for years. We used to sell loose cigs back in junior high school - quarter each - 5 for a buck.

Don't skimp on your filters though - buy quality filters/tubes - you'll notice a better flavor.

brapp
01-25-2009, 10:16 PM
screw that get yourself a can of copenhagen works liek a charmlol

fatcat
01-25-2009, 10:24 PM
skoal cherry:drool:

ride_red_95
01-25-2009, 10:55 PM
skoal vanilla when i can afford it, o god thats stuffs amazing

The Goat
01-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Hey dirt, nicotine is a natural ingredient of tobacco. The problem is preservatives. That fomaldyhide, spelling, stuff kills ya.

Regular cigs have 220 or so toxins, handrolling natural tobacco you only have one chemical, carbon monoxide.

You can smoke 20 nonfiltered ones and it's like smoking 2 lights.

Pure hemp papers are thin, natural, and they don't taste like burnt paper.

super90
01-26-2009, 05:14 AM
I use to roll my own but by hand. Also used the hemp papers, they are much better than the regular old normal paper. I mostly just dip copenhagen now but I do pick up a pack of malboro menthols every once and a while.

New2ATC
01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
I will roll my own when I have rhe time or can't afford it...

SeaBass8
01-26-2009, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=The Goat;700396] nicotine is a natural ingredient of tobacco. QUOTE]

By no means am I an expert on the topic...

But I dont think theres ANY nicotine in the tabacco plant in its natual state. The nicotine level is manipulated by the tabacco companies during the curing process. IF tabacoo companies wanted to remove nicotine from tobacco my guess is they easily could. Theyve found the perfect level of nicotine that gets you hooked but doesnt make you sick.

Amazing to me that this stuff is legally sold in the states. Its the only product sold in the USA that when used as directed you die.

Not trying to start a big debate here. Bit of a touchy subject for me. Many of my family members have serious health issues due to smoking and this a free counrty if you want to smoke go right ahead. But what about when you want to stop? Do you have a choice?

I know Tank was just trying to help folks save some $$$ Sorry for the hijack.

The Goat
01-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Nicotine is found naturally in plants. It's content is lowered actually, not raised. It's how you have lighter and more potent blends.

It's actually the plants way I stopping things from eating it.

Never counted on us crafty humans smoking it.

There's actually some seaweed cigs too. Pretty wierd tasting.

I used to smoke herbal cigs with no nicotine, I like smoking, the nicotine isn't what has me hooked... It's that siting down occasionaly, lighting up, and just hanging out.

SeaBass8
01-26-2009, 04:51 PM
You are correct.

"For thousands of years, people have smoked or chewed the leaves of the tobacco plant, Nicotiana tabacum"

"Nicotine normally makes up about 5 percent of a tobacco plant, by weight. Cigarettes contain 8 to 20 milligrams (mg) of nicotine (depending on the brand), but only approximately 1 mg is actually absorbed by your body when you smoke a cigarette."

tanks350x
01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=

I know Tank was just trying to help folks save some $$$ Sorry for the hijack.[/QUOTE]

No big deal Seabass, It's interesting to me to see what people have to say
Tank

The Goat
01-26-2009, 07:28 PM
They have however feebased the nicotine to make it more easily absorbed...

They do that by blending tobaccos and such.

I've had my Bali shag, and my search has ended. It's near golden in color and smells like honey and clover... Mhmm

The Goat
02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Any pot head shop will carry it in tins and bags. You can order online too. Bali shag comes in a red bag, white bag and blue. Blue is European full flavor which is very hard. Red is nice and smooth. White is lighter. Havnt tried the white yet.

I'd post pics but I'm on my phone.

tanks350x
02-10-2009, 03:12 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: shens shens shens I just found out from the place where I get my stuff from, that they are gonna begin to put some heavy taxes on it.. The dude running the place told me that it's really catching on in that particular area. So now, a 1 pound bag of Gambler full flavor which costs between $18-$19, will have a tax increase of $14. Which will bring it to $32.. That's gonna suck!!!shens shens

The Goat
02-10-2009, 10:49 PM
aren't you an ornery little prick...

guys, you can order stuff online...I ordered a tin of bshag from a place called wilsons a while back.

you can google and find a good site to buy from.

hondahaulic
02-11-2009, 12:14 AM
so whos tried the new camel snus? I like the taste but the best part is not having to spit. are there other kinds of snus out there too? from what ive heard the stuff is more common in europe

tanks350x
02-11-2009, 12:15 AM
What do you mean ornery little prick?, I started doing this to save money ya dope! This is New Hampshire I'm talking about! A carton of Marlboro's costs $39.50. and me rolling my own costs me less than a buck a pack. I don't know what it costs you to live down there in hurricane country but, up here in Mass. it's pretty damn expensive.. I don't give a damn about online shopping, If I want something now,Dammit, I'm gonna have it now! I don't have time to wait for shipping when it comes to Smokes. Who the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro are you to call me an ornery little prick anyways for getting pissed about this?

The Goat
02-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Tank you missed a key post that got deleted where a member called another a homosexual. The comment was not directed toward you. At least mine wasn't, the other gent may have said you like the darker road.

'Twas provokation dear sir.

glad to know where I live makes that big of a deal though.

Didn't you notice something odd when my first sentence was combative and then I rolled right back into trying to be helpful.

Priority mail takes less than two days. If a pound won't last you two days... It may be time to buy an iron lung.

Btw, down here in "hurricane country" I can get marlboros for 2 bucks a pack.... No matter how you look at this misunderstanding... OWNED.

tanks350x
02-11-2009, 06:07 AM
I did not realise that there was a post deleted, sorry. In Taxachusetts, a pack of Marlboros costs us over $6 a pack. I'm lucky to be able to go to NH everyday for work to get my stuff alot cheaper. No sales tax either"Live free or die" remember?ha,ha.. About where you live, That was a spur of the moment cheap shot, we all give em, and take em... You're rite, it was a big misunderstanding... Sorry again Cade
Roy

Mrs.Mosh
02-11-2009, 10:44 AM
A bag of Gambler is around $21.00 right now in Ohio. The owner of our local drive thru showed me the tax increase. I thought this was only in Ohio, but looks like other states are doing this too.
They want to raise the $21 bag of Gambler over $23 more!!
$44.00 !!!! Just when you find a way to cut cost, they swoop in and tax the hell out of it.
A pack of smokes is suppost to go up to $6.10 here.
I am going to look into buying online also.
I found a website (don't remember the name off hand) but the more bags you buy at one time, the cheaper they are.

freaksfix
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Btw, down here in "hurricane country" I can get marlboros for 2 bucks a pack....

Ive been thinking about rolling them myself lately.. Id like to quit but also just like smoking, im sure the nicotine has me addicted but just the smoking part has me hooked the most i just enjoy it alot...

You can get marbs for 2 bucks a pack? Wanna buy me up several cartons and ship them to me?

The Goat
02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Its mainly marlboro smooths and menthols. Every store seems to get buy one get one free at different times. Comes out to be like 4.36 for two packs.

I'm more than willing to help out if you smoke menthols...

I'm also willing to ship tobacco as a fist sized tin of balishag is like ten bucks. Ordering online is the way to go though.

yyz4208@aol.com
02-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Has anyone seen those clear rolling papers?

The Goat
02-13-2009, 06:33 PM
I have some...element rice papers...they taste like straight ASS.

at the moment, I'm still stuck on my PURE HEMP papers... you don't know what a good smoke is until you get yourself one of those.

outtaline
02-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Ismoke camel wides if you go on there web site they send you all kinds of coupons for $$$$ off 1.50 - 2.00 off a pack or 5.00 off a carton if it helps any body camelsmokes.com

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 04:53 PM
i roll my own with top paper and use gambler tobbaco

B4A5R0T
02-25-2009, 01:26 AM
how much is the whole set up to start rolling like the tobacco, the machine and tubes
i buy reds 100s 4$ a pack but if this can save you that much i think ill go for it

tanks350x
02-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Prices vary from state to state, I just picked up a new rolling machine that does regulars, kings, and 100's.. It's made by Premier, Supermatic model. Cost me $50, all metal design, pretty rugged. But they do have cheap rolling machines starting around $10. I get my tobacco (by the pound) for $18, and a box of tubes for $1.99. If I buy the tobacco by .06 ounce bag, it's only like $6.99.. Better hury up, they're gonna start taxing the hell out of it soon... Thank you Pres. Obama

tanks350x
04-10-2009, 08:36 PM
me and a friend of mine were starting to stockpile 1lb. bags of Gambler Red before the tax hike took place. I ended up getting 6 pounds saved up,and a boatload of tubes... I went into the store that I get it from and the price of a pound went from $16.99 to, get this!!!!! $57.99, I about said to the clerk, Are you outta your trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro mind??.. He was just as suprised at the price hike as most of his customers were. Just think, all the money that you started to save up from the gas prices, is now going to tobacco, If you're a smoker,that is

killerklown
04-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Anyone ever order cigarettes online? Google CHEAP CIGARETTES. Name brand ones for like $20 a carton shipped. I am thinking about giving it a shot. Let me know if you ever have.

harryredtrike
04-11-2009, 08:46 PM
i roll my own,anytime i can screw the government out of my money i do it.michigan just raised the tax on rolling tobacco from 18.95 a 16 oz. bag to 59.99 a bag.screw you government pigs