PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Sportsman 90 Compression?

kdagenais
01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Hello, Need to know what the compression should be for a Polaris sportsman 90? It currently has 60 and believe that is way to low. The bike is hard to start and bogs down when you try to give it throttle. It does idle fine with no issues. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks In Advance!

smokinwrench
01-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes that is way to low. Our LT80 spec is 110 and above, I would assume your is in the same area.

I hate to ask but did you hold the throttle wide open while checking compression? I ask because I'm surprised it will even start with 60 psi.

kdagenais
01-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes that is way to low. Our LT80 spec is 110 and above, I would assume your is in the same area.

I hate to ask but did you hold the throttle wide open while checking compression? I ask because I'm surprised it will even start with 60 psi.

Yes! That is with the throttle wide open. I also have a LT80 it it holds 150 for compression. Was always of the understanding that the compression should at least equal the cc of the bike. Not sure if that is a true statement but sounds reasonable. Like I said the bike does start but for the most part it is difficult.