PDA

View Full Version : Ride up north

slippy4
07-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Well this weekend i had gone up north to ride on a few trails up there with one quad. We left thursday night and arrived around 8:00. Right then we went out on the "pipeline" (trail made for all street leagal trucks) and about a mile down the trail all of a sudden my 200x just boggs way down and starts to sputter, so i feather the throttle to keep it running and then all of a sudden it runs fine, so im like whatever and keep riding, then it happend again. now it just kept doing that, gas spiting out of the carb like crazy. so we pulled it home and hit the hay. the next day i ripped the carb off and took a look at it, main jet came loose and was just kinda sitting in there. so i put her back in and then go for a test ride, all of a sudden it happens again, take the carb apart and find sand all in it. then i get it together and turn on the gas, now gas poors out of the clean out (float stuck) so now it runs good. Now we head out for the real trails, the 200x ran great the whole way, but about 1 1/2 hours into the trails then the quad just dies. S*@!, no tow rope. so we start pushing it and about 45min later a group of quads passes then stops. now we try to pop start the quad (warrior, electric start, no kicker) and no go, so they give up a tow rope and the little 200x pulled the big old quad all the way back, about 45 min later down the road we arrive at the truck and load em up and leave. That was very interesting ride, i think the best part of it was how the X pulled a quad all the way back :-D