PDA

View Full Version : Christmas & the '82 ATC 70...

Jeb
11-02-2002, 04:12 AM
I was just thinking...

Christmas 20 years ago. 1982. I was 9. My bro, sis, and I woke up to find a long red ribbon tied to the Christmas tree and running across the living room and out the door. we followed it and at the end we found a brand new shiny ATC-70 setting under the car-port with a big red bow on it. It was grand and sometimes it's hard to believe its been that long ago! :shock: I still see it as clear as if it were yesterday, getting out the new helmets, going over the owners manual with dad, learning to check the oil and giving her the once over, and then finally the ride that started it all! One of the best Christmas I had as a child.

Well to this day, the same little trike sets in my shop and hasn't ran in many years. I'm going through the motor now to see what all she's gonna need. I'm really shocked, everything is in really good shape as it's been stored in doors. just got some parts in I needed (thanx roosty! :-D ) and I'm excited and thinking about doing my best to have her in good running shape by the Christmas day and then rolling her out for my kids and my brothers kid. Use its 20th anniversary as way to kick off its next 20 years with a new generation. I've been meaning to fix her up for the last few years, but get caught up with the other trikes I have. Hopefully I can make it work.

Wish me luck!

boneidaho
11-02-2002, 11:42 AM
That's so sweet ! :| I'm touched ! Just kidding ! :-P I wished that my parent's got me one, but times were tough on the o'l hog farm . I bought my first 3 wheeler in 1983. A new Big Red. Then the next year (1984), another new Big Red, and a new 200s. Then in 1985, another new 200s. That was it til 2000, and I found 2-1985-mint 200X's. My first Big Red, my younger brother trashed it in 1 year. That's cause he didn't have to pay for it . I traded it for the 2-1984's. I'm looking for 2-mint-200s's, or 200m's. I had one located in Oregon last year for 700.00, and I drug my feet, and it sold. They even said they would bring it to my doorstep for an extra 200.00, but I was to slow. Should have done it. Later