PDA

View Full Version : Other Forums Suck!

200x newby
01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
So I'm doing the SAS conversion on the 95 Ranger so I figure I will join The Ranger Station. Ok so I join... Now I have been using the search feature looking for some pictures but didnt find to much. So I start a thread asking for people to post up some pictures of there setups. It went a day with no posts then I get attacked by some clown and one of the mods tellin me to use the search feature (mind you I already did) and that the topic has been covered numerous time (I cant seem to find what im looking for after a whole days worth of searching). So the mod closes my thread... ok fine.... that didnt bother me until.... some guy starts almost exactly the same thread I started 3 days before... this guy has several posts and pictures and not one person telling him to use the search function AND his thread is stil open. My question is..... WHAT IN THE HELL GIVES?

Sorry for the long post I just felt the need to rant...

rdlsz24
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
haha search newb! I'm a member on yotatech.com (I have an '88 4x4 with goodies) and anytime a newb on there asks about a SAS they get the royal treatment too.

Rob

200x newby
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
I mean its not that I dont know what im doing because I do. I was just looking for pictures of 4 link front and rears to check out the best possible setup but I guess just because your a new member you dont know squat! haha.

SWIGIN
01-28-2009, 01:28 PM
i bet it was how you asked, not what you asked

Dirtcrasher
01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I understand your dilemma!!

The guys at BBC4x4 hate the Toyota IFS suspension.... You ask any question about it and 10 guys want you to chop it off and put a solid axle back on there :lol:

rdlsz24
01-28-2009, 02:27 PM
DC you have a Yota? I have an '88 with IFS but I don't hardly wheel it so I don't care.

Rob

seadoo650
01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Try these guys. They are customers of mine. I've seen their work and it's top notch. Don't forget to tell them the Mac man sent ya.
http://www.trailquest.com/

Dirtcrasher
01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
DC you have a Yota? I have an '88 with IFS but I don't hardly wheel it so I don't care.

Rob

I have a 1994 Xtra cab V6 4x4 33" BFG AllTerrains...... I don't beat on it anymore, all the pits are gone anyhow..... The body is getting beat up but I use the work truck mainly - only 17K miles in 4 years on this truck. I think I'm at 151K.

I had an 88 4 cylinder that I bought brand new for 9600$.

I rolled it 2 weeks after I bought it :lol: then I put on a lift, cranked the torsion bars and ran 36" Dick Cepek fun countrys - that thing got allot of looks but couldn't get out of 3rd gear!! I dropped it down a bit and ran the same type tire I run now. Got 16 years out of it before it rotted too much, the floor got very bad as I had broke all 4 body cab mounts thru the floor off of a big jump, I did make the jump though :w00t:

Awesome truck and thats why I bought another one.....

rdlsz24
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Sweet mine's an extra cab as well with 33's and a 22RE. Here's a pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/rdlsz24/Toyota%20Truck/ToyotaForums1.jpg

The original bed was rusting away to nothing but I found another one 400 miles away, so I made the trip and got it. Now the body is pretty rust free, which is rare here in IL.

Rob