PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this??

Dirtcrasher
01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
So, I have the neighborhood backhoe and take care of a few neighbors (for free) the backhoe cost me 10K.

First off was the neighbor in front of me, I don't plow him out as he has relatives with a plow etc etc. But, he showed up drunk in my yard awhile back and told me I couldn't push the snow on his property, it bothered him. I HAVE to push the very end of my driveway somewhere beyond my property and get it out of the road before cars come zipping by so IDK what the fluck is hsi problem but I try to dump as little snow in his area now. Mind you we all have 2 acres or better and plenty of frontage and setback...

Whatever, I dealt with it.......

So now we have my neighbor John. He let me build most of my MX track with his Bobcat and all I did was maintain and repair it for him.

Last summer just as he retired, his wife got cancer. She died about 5 months ago..... I felt TERRIBLE, I simply could not imagine losing someone I loved just as I were ready to retire and enjoy life with them. They had kids late, the kids are in there teens.

So, I have been plowing him out all winter long and I won't take a dime. Tonite I plowed him out and the neighbor in front of him ran outside and yelled at me to "don't put his snow on my property!!" he claimed that I blocked his mailbox the last time and he had to fix it. I said "Steve, he lost his wife, his kids lost their mother - I'm just trying to help!?" He pretty much said IDGAF, the kids can shovel, their arms aren't broken..... I sat there dumbfounded for a minute and said, I'm sorry. I'll make sure your mailbox is clear. I furtherb explained to him that I can't drop the bucket until all 25 feet of the hoe is in the driveway and there will always be a bit of snow I HAVE TO PUSH FORWARDS!!

I said, Steve, if you had let me know last time that I covered your mailbox, I would have made sure I didn't do that again.... He wanted me to dig out all the snow I just pushed on his property. His house is set back 100'.......

I told him that I dig out John because I feel bad about him losing his wife and that it's the right thing to do and good karma always comes back to you..... He couldn't have cared less what I had to say...............

This guy use to hunt with John, and John is all about hunting. And now he's pissed off about some snow that I would have gladly corrected??!! It just suked, completely suked - I was dumbfounded as to what to say.

When I got home I thought, I should have asked him that if HE died, would he want me to have a bit of compassion and plow out his driveway for her? or should I be concerned about where the snow goes.

I won't look at "Steve" the same way again :mad:

The Goat
01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
people by nature aren't good dc.

I was taught that, but life has proven very quickly that it isn't true.

I suppose the only thing to do is for those of who who do GAF occasionally to just keep on.

He'll get what's coming to him. they all do.

Bryan Raffa
01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
F,ing neighbors!! there over rated!

SCEADU
01-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Back in 94 when PA got that epic snow storm where we got like 36" of snow in 12 hours I had the same thing happen to me. My Mom was going through Chemo and she needed to get out of the drive to go to the hospitol so I borrowed my boss's Hoe and ran up there to clear her drive and the road that ajoins it so my dad could have a straight path to the main road. It was around 9:00 when I got there and I started to clear the roads fro the whole neighborhood. Low and behold out comes the local "NAG" complaining about how since I put 1 bucket,2000 lbs of snow on the dege of her 2 acre lot that now her basement was going to flood. Mind you we just got 36" of snow and she is pitching a fit about les than a pickup truck. I have found that it make some peeps feel alive to complain.

wheelie king
01-28-2009, 08:40 PM
You know what they say, brotha:

What goes around......COMES AROUND. You are an angel in your own right for all that you do and all that you give.

Take a pee in Steve's well.:D Cause that's what comes around. (only kidding about peeing in his well- you get my point)

cybrman
01-28-2009, 08:50 PM
That is just plain insane.
I'm not sure how I would've handled that other than just laughed.
Sounds like you did as good a job handling as you could.
People have lost touch with reality. Worshipping property like it was really theirs....I mean cmon. And snow? for crying out loud, do they come out yelling and screaming when it rains? lol

super90
01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow that guy sounds like a d-bag. I would plow a big pile into his driveway to block his enterance.

tanks350x
01-28-2009, 09:40 PM
People are deffinately strange when it comes to their land and property for sure. Maybe he is just concerned that there might be a slight chance of you scraping up the bucket and digging up his land? just a thought... I have a neighbor that's the same way. She always complains about me riding the X between our two houses.. I would never try to tear up her grass in any way.. I try to explain to her that it's no different than riding a lawn mower, when you consider how slow I go.. WE do have our own right of way to our own backyard but it's being occupied by a huge roll-off dumpster and a 30 foot inclosed 5th wheel stock car trailer

Greiver430x
01-28-2009, 09:48 PM
I remember that huge storm here in PA the plow trucks couldnt clear our road so my dad fired up the bull dozer and had to plw everyone out. He was at it all day we lived on about a 3/4 mile dirt road with about 12 houses on it. Not one person offered to help but they all came out and asked him to hit thier driveway next, one guy complained because the bulldozer tracks made the road rough. Some people will just always be miserable.

Tri-Z 250
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
10-4 on the over rated next door idot...I got me a few too. Just shake it off and don't let it eat at you. Just trying to be nice and lending a hand to some people make them feel belittled in some way. The drunk guy across the street gets a slap for coming over wasted (I will not tolerate liquid ego) ...He's just wishes he had a hoe to plow!:naughty:

SeaBass8
01-28-2009, 11:51 PM
People... There the worst!

I wonder if he complains when the town plows the road in front of his house too?:crazy:

4Q2
01-28-2009, 11:55 PM
If youve ever said this... " WE do have our own right of way to our own backyard but it's being occupied by a huge roll-off dumpster and a 30 foot inclosed 5th wheel stock car trailer ".... You might be a redneck !! Sorry tank couldnt resist :D

As for the neighbor steve, if hes that much of a douche his old lady is probably shopping at another market, so hell get his. Seems like an immature lil man having a power trip over snow, maybe thats the only thing he has control over in his life. I like the line " smile and wave boys "

Good lookin on taken care of your bud though DC. good for the soul ;)

The Goat
01-29-2009, 12:14 AM
this reminds me of a guy who I used to play DOD with. Ex army ranger...full airborne. guys cool as hell, in his late forties. always tried to help everyone around him. he gets a little drunk from time to time and drives down his street on the lawnmower putting bottles in people's mailboxes.

no one ever says a word.

one day he overhears his neighbors wife screaming, and some slapping. His neighbor was hitting her. so he hops the fence, floors the guy, and that's the end of that.

the next week he's cutting the grass, and the woman comes outside yelling that his clippings are going in her yard.

the same woman he had just saved from an abusive husband...people...are....idiots.

Erics350x
01-29-2009, 12:30 AM
And thats why i hate most everyone...........

Tri-Z Pilot
01-29-2009, 12:41 AM
My neighbors suck too. I swear if I win the lottery I'm gonna buy them out and make them watch me bulldoze their houses and put up a dirt track. Hell I'll do it naked just to have even more fun.

fabiodriven
01-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Yep, bottom line is people just suck. They have nthing better to do than complain about anything and everything. It's like everybody is in it just for themselves. Nobody can put themselves in someone else's shoes just for a second. trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro 'em DC. You're doin the right thing.

honda250sx
01-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Steve I think everyone has these neighbors. And Goat's right. People by nature aren't good people. I have plowed, snowblowed, shoveled since I was able. Growing up in western,ny its what you do on a regular basis come winter time.

But maybe here in NY we take care of our neighbors in times of crisis with tons and tons of snow. This weekend marks the anniversary of the Great Blizzard of 77'. EPIC amounts of snow. I was not even born yet, but my old man does have some amazing stories. As he worked for the highway department. He was one of a handful that had the credentials to run gigantic heavy equipment as his father was an engineer with Caterpillar Equipment. And when the C-5 Galaxy's landed at Buffalo International a day after the storm he was there to hop in the cab and help. I think I might scan in some pictures of his photo album tonight.

This is what it looked like after clearing the road some DAYS later.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/brauerpower/600_Buffalo_Snow_1977_4.jpg

brapp
01-29-2009, 11:16 AM
i rember back in 2001 i had a plow truck and plowed a small development out. and had a contract and everything and it was suposed to be the home owners association payed me after avery time i plowed the plac eout well they decided to screw me and i waited a fe whours and got a call bitchign i didnt plow them out well i went right down the road and took every mail box out on every roa din thet development. it was great!!!!!! needles sto say i got the contract terminated and i wasnt loosing any mor emoney form ritch stuck up people.!

edog
01-29-2009, 11:45 AM
:welcome: :lol:
PEOPLE SUCK:lol: :welcome:

wheelie king
01-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I tell ya- I got it good in my neighborhood. It is called "Copland". Seriously. We are all cops, retired cops, retired phone co. employees, and teachers. It's like there's an application that you have to fill out to live here.

When there is a problem, we band together and address the problem. And no one ever screws with us. Pretty nice.

And that is why we all live here together like we do. It is because neighbors suck, that we choose to have the best neighbors anyone can ask for. :w00t:

Shawn72
01-30-2009, 10:46 PM
I have found this to be true over the years. if you've never been forced to lean on a helping hand it's hard to be compassionate. But, if you have, you'll understand.

jeffatc250r
01-31-2009, 02:04 PM
What kinda hoe you have D/C?