PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 70's car, help??

New2ATC
01-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I am looking for a car around my area to get with some income tax, mainly to fix up and show a little bit and cruise on summer nights. Ive been searching craigslist, ebay,local classifieds, but cant find anything reasonable exept for a fiat spider and a alfa romeo that i emailed about. the fiat might be sold tonight but if its not the guy is calling me back. Anyways, i was wondering if anyone might know where to look or even might have one close by my area (eastern ct) for sale for hopefully under a grand. I am looking for anything from a vw beetle, karmann ghia, fiat spider, alfa romeo, mga, mgb, anything thats similar to that list. thanks for the help...

SYKO
01-29-2009, 02:51 PM
to bad your not closer I got a 1964 2 door impala for sale $1500 with new quarters and hood, and with new interior.

Macs
01-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Damn Syko, thats a good deal

New2ATC
01-29-2009, 04:51 PM
that is a good deal.. called about a alfa romeo spider, gonna try to go look at it tomorrow, and hopefully put a deposit on it monday or tuesday if the other guy thats going to look at it doesnt buy it...damn people and there fat wallets lol..just need to wait for the income tax to come in then i will be good...

Vealmonkey
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I'd be careful. Fiats and Alfas were pains in the but to get parts when they were new. English cars have a heck of an aftermarket parts following as well as VW's. The big drawback on the early English cars is their electrics. Most englilsh cars up to the mid or late 1970s had what is called a positive ground electrical system. Can be kind of a pain to learn about or troubleshoot. Pretty much every one of those cars had their own little things to deal with. The Fiats and Alfas were also know for getting body cancer, meaning they would rust from the inside out due to crappy quality of sheet metal. One day you would have a small bubble show up and then the paint would flake off and you were left with a nasty rust spot. Good luck on your choice though.

The Goat
01-29-2009, 09:04 PM
if you get an mgb...I will find you...and I will flip it over. lol

good luck with your search man.

night4creeper
01-29-2009, 09:13 PM
what he needs is a subaru brat! :banned:

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Fall06/attic_brat_pg1.jpg

The Goat
01-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I would drive the hell out of that thing.

ditchmud
01-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Man I love them Brats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

old-yellow
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
skyolincon what engine you got in that thing the stocker or what?

Alex