PDA

View Full Version : Monster Trucks!!

aldochina
01-31-2009, 06:43 PM
I"M about to lesve for the monster trucks, taking my 2 year old, hopefully he likes them, there indoors though, probably better outside. Ill let you know how it was.

LonesomeTriZ
01-31-2009, 08:53 PM
I have yet to take my son to a monster truck show. He loves to watch them on TV. My wife took him to one becuase I am over here. She said he really enjoyed it. I am sure your little boy will as well. I hope you took some hearing protection for him.

mad
01-31-2009, 09:08 PM
ive been to a couple indoor and outdoor and their all wild.my 8 yearold daughter didnt want to go to one and i made her,now we must go to them when ever their close by.

LonesomeTriZ
01-31-2009, 09:16 PM
They are great family entertainment. I just wish they would come up with some better competions. Those trucks can do some much more that drive around in circles.

trikenut3
01-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I took ear protection for my son ( small arena ) and it helped him to have a good time . These trucks were so loud paint chips were falling from the rafters from the vibration . Looked like snow . I did hear that 2 people lost their lives recently at 2 of the events . I had a great time !

300rman
01-31-2009, 10:13 PM
seen a show at the silverdome years go.
matter of fact, it was the show that Blue Thunder did his one-wheeled wheelie crash. was real cool.

take hearing protection for the little ones ;)

aldochina
01-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Just got home. It was definately a good time, they are super loud especially RAP ATTACK, the only chevy, he was the loudest. they really look like a joke though in these tiny indoor areanas. Go over some cars, spin donuts etc. theres is just no room to get on the throttle. They always come to LEBANON VALLEY SPEEDWAY in the summer, only 15 min away, I will be sure to go this year, all these years and I've never been. My kid had a blast, foam ear plugs plus muffs. I dont think he would have cared if he had any protection, his mouth was agape the whole time.
I thought the fumes would be bad, but it was ok. they also had a jet quad, which was cool but as soon as he hit the thruster he would have to turn it off again. one truck hit the cars in reverse, that was cool.

nathanronan
02-01-2009, 01:08 AM
I used to go to Lebanon Valley when i was younger with my parents. But i moved so we can go there anymore. It was fun but the truck were LOUD.

KASEY
02-01-2009, 11:24 AM
we went to the trucks in phoenix last week,,,, horrible show for sure,,, out west here you get the no named drivers and some local trucks with small budgets,,, alot of dead time waiting, for something to happen,,, it was a big disapointment for sure ... the freestyle was just a driving around competition very lame,,,,,, we had spanky spangler jump into a bus at half time,,, wow that was even worse than the trucks,,, he jumped 20' into the side of a bus,,, oh wow... the cutouts in the bus fell down before he got there by about 2 seconds and it was covered by the fireworks,,, it was a 30 minute build up to a 5 second retarded misque!!!!

aldochina
02-01-2009, 12:17 PM
ya, I mean it was definatly a little on the cheesy side, but for the kids just the look on there faces makes it fun

cody2
02-01-2009, 04:59 PM
ya, I mean it was definatly a little on the cheesy side, but for the kids just the look on there faces makes it fun

Yeah, the outdoor ones are much better. Where did you go? I went to one in Moncton Nb indoors and i found it to be a bit poor, but i was also around 12 when i went so.