PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy
07-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Welp it started raining again today. 5 or so inches in 3 hrs. Here is how it looks out my front door. 10 minutes ago.

Yes the water is up to my front house step and my car for work is flooded. Might just call in sick and say the Heck with it.

Howdy

Coty
07-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Hey howdy is it raining there yet..... :D

Howdy
07-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Still pooring. I donated my gas powered pump to the people I helped out before. I also took the one pump out from my house and donated it to my neighbor. He has 6" of water in his house. This is actually worse than yesterday. With the ground already soaked and the streams full it is just backing up in the streets.

Since I took the last pictures the street got 2-3" deeper. It's going to be a long night here.
Howdy

G-MAN-1
07-06-2003, 09:16 PM
do you guys have a drout warning yet............... :D :D :D :D

boneidaho
07-06-2003, 10:16 PM
:shock: In my lifetime, it has never rained EVEN close to that much here. :shock:

Russell 350X
07-06-2003, 10:43 PM
ouch, thats gotta suck :(

Ace Mon
07-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Man Howdy , It hasnt rained like that here in years . I hope it all works out for you . Right on for helping out the neighbors like that , youve got a big heart . Oh and on the bright side I think you might get out of mowing the lawn this week .

bakeban
07-07-2003, 12:15 AM
too bad we couldnt steal about 3 inches of that stuff. it is so dry here in central illinois that i havent mowed my yard it 3 weeks. i was mowing it every weekend there for a while. the corn is curling up. but it also means that there is all day to go ridin' :D

Truckster
07-07-2003, 06:31 AM
You call that deep?

http://www.gqpatrol.com/pics/crapola/deepshit.jpg

Car has 6in sus lift, 3in body lift, and 35inch(std is 31's) tires... Std roof height is 6ft.

Howdy
07-07-2003, 06:48 AM
living north west of you in michigan,,,,, i don't have good news for you howdy,,,, it's raining big time here + heading south east.

hopefully you won't need my service's as a diver down there.

john

Actually John we could have used you about 3 hrs ago. I did make it to work and everything was going fine until the next batch of heavy rain hit at 12:30 -1:00AM. It rained so hard it killed the gas pump. Bob ( the guy that is borrowing it ) tried and tried but couldn't get it restarted. He called me at work and ask if I could come help. So I left work right away and headed straight there. Last night was a qualifying day for my holiday so I will loose 1 1/2 days pay, oh well chit happens.
When I got there 1 hour had passed since the pump quit. The water in the basement had reached about 3 1/2 ft. The other sump pumps was plugged in the outlet at about 3ft off the floor. POW, POW fuses were blowing ( Old style electric ). With no pumps pumping at that point the water was gaining about 1" every minute. I finally got the gas pump dry enough to run and then was able to use extention cords and got the other pumps running. I then topped off the gas for main pump and headed to the shop. Once there I pulled my tiller motor and my other gas pump that didn't run and within the hour had it going. I stopped back at Bob's place and found we were gaining ground once again. Water level was 2 ft at this point. I didn't have enough suction tub for the 2nd pump so I brought it home. I am glad I did. I found over 3 ft of water under my house. The pump is hammering away here now. It's gaining ground quickly. How ever the bad news is the rain is coming again. I hear it thundering.

I know the next couple of hours is going to be ruff. I know of 5 people waiting on me to come pump them out. The one guy had a new furnace complete with central air installed last month. Bob told me the guy has 6ft of water in his basement. OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Welp, I am off to go pump the next basement. lol
Howdy

kyle
07-07-2003, 09:03 AM
hey howdy why dont you send just a little of that rain over here to Rittman, OH. its rained here a little bit but some of the creeks are still dry, that doesnt make for good hot days of riding.

ATC crazy
07-07-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey Howdy...we're in the same boat. Except we live on a secluded hill so no basement floods or anything. EVERY afternoon for 4 days it has POURED...about 5" every time. Not to mention the 2 months rain earlier this year. :?

PowerTrike
07-08-2003, 12:03 AM
If i didn't live next too a lake on a small hill it would be the same here for me. :shock: I feel for ya and hope everything dries out before too long...

Truckster is that your truck? Blazer? If so hows the snorkel work out for ya?

Tucson 200x
07-08-2003, 12:27 AM
Bring it our way to put out the Aspin fire 8)

Howdy
07-08-2003, 07:48 AM
I wished I could ship this water your guy's way. It rained hard again over night and it has onlt compounded the problems we have. In all the years I have lived around here I never seen it this bad. Our local Racket club is flooded with 4ft + of water in it. That never happened before. The main road ( St Rt 127 ) is now closed on the way to the shop due to the high water on the road. I think it's almost washing the bridge out too. They have also called a County wide emergency. This means NO One but emergency personel is allowed on the roads.
To top that off they are still calling for more rain today thru Thursday. It's not looking very good.
Howdy

kyle
07-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Ok Howdy enough is enough! DONT send anymore water our way!!! we have got enough now!! lol its rained quite a bit here these last couple of days. Creeks are very very full now!!!

Howdy
07-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Ok Howdy enough is enough! DONT send anymore water our way!!! we have got enough now!! lol its rained quite a bit here these last couple of days. Creeks are very very full now!!!

Full?? here is a link to the pictures I have so far.
http://phatvsalvage.hypermart.net/personal/

I will add more pictures soon. Tomorrow I am going to take a lot more.
Howdy

BLAZERONE22
07-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Wow thats a bunch or rain, We flooded like that here in 95, You get to know your neighbors real well, Its been hotter thank heck here in Oregon, I saw our first cloud today in weeks, Good luck,

J.D.
07-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Man I heard you guys are in a state of emergency, wow! I wish we could get some rain, we're having a SEVERE drought out here, and Lake Mead is getting really low on water :( It's down like 20 feet I think...