PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide temp. firings?

Brad200X
02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Well, I lost my job today driving three wheelers(forklifts) for a living. The ironic part of it is 1) they hired me as a temp. because of the crappy economy, and that's what got me fired and 2) on my birthday, none-the-less! This is how my last day at work went: "Happy 20th birthday Brad! Oh, BTW your fired." Anyway, my boss said that this was a nationwide thing and they were legally obligated to fire me, and I was too busy laughing my ass off about the irony to ask him if it was just the company or everybody. It sucks because I liked my job, I was good at it, I actually did worked, got back from break on time, and I was paid the least! Well, I have plenty of time to work on my trikes now... not as much money though.

Russell 350X
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
That sucks dude, its been happening to alot of people latley.

chris200x
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
that's what sucks about working for those temp agencies. It's temporary. Alot of businesses hire temps because they don't want to pay benefits. Not much else you can do when no one else is hiring.

I hope things work out for you.

Brad200X
02-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks for your comments, guys. My boss said that they will "try hard to get me back as a full time employee," but that won't be for months. I actually got decent benefits thru the temp agency. It was only 24 bucks a week for the basic heath insurance package, with disability. I would have gotten a 401k too, I believe, but I didn't last that long.

ATC-Eric
02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
That sucks man, but happy birthday!

Brad200X
02-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks Eric. I've never really considered my birthday to be that big of a deal, but this was the worst. Very bittersweet, realizing that all of a sudden you have a ton of free time, but also a slowly diminishing source of money. I'm not beating myself up over it, But this will be the birthday I'll never forget.

rdlsz24
02-04-2009, 06:34 PM
It's nice to have a little time off between jobs but it's scary not having any money coming in. Hope things work out for ya.

Rob

brapp
02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
dont feel ba di got fored because i showe dup for work and didnt callout( i shattered my wrist and was seen by the working supervisor runnign a chainsaw in a cast)

The Goat
02-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I took a year and a half off from work...financially it was a stupid decision... looking back it was about the smartest thing I could have done.

I was burnt out from 90 hour weeks and too much alcohol...keep a smile on your face though.

Look around. A LOT of places are HIRING not FIRING.

We fired half our staff here at the hotel...and rehired a much better staff in three days.

happy birthday brotha

Vealmonkey
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Hopefully the temp agency can find you another job before too long. I hope your unemployment benefits work for you.