PDA

View Full Version : Poor Kid!!

aldochina
02-06-2009, 12:41 AM
can you believe all the flack there giving Phelps over a bong hit. its rediculous, look at all the drug use and crime in major professional sports that barely gets a mention, this kids a swimmer for crying out loud, and if anything its a competitive disadvantage, which means he's actually that much better.

DECRIMINALIZE- kid was a national hero a few months ago, now all this over a photograph some lowlife took!

Tri-Z Pilot
02-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Thats the world we live in, it was probably that guys bong too. Anything for a buck. I'm sick of all the hypocrites, we should have an open season on them. Anyone remember Surviving The Game?

factoryX
02-06-2009, 03:29 AM
yeah but kids actually look up to him, have a couple of friends that do jr olympic swimming and one of the first people that they look up is phelps, I really don't care if he does drugs or not but he is no different than the bum on the side of the road smoking a joint and being arrested for it..

smokinwrench
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I think all professional athletes need to be held to a higher standard. As said before millions of kids young adults look up to these people. They need to keep that good image going. He needs to be introuble in my opinion. Nothing that will end his career but he needs some kind of punishment.

aldochina
02-07-2009, 12:44 AM
lets remember guys, the kid did not get in trouble, was not arrested, he was photographed hitting a bong, and there isnt even any smoke present. cut the kid some slack, yea kids look up to him, as they do to all pro athletes, look at Kobe-rapist, Ray Lewis- murderer, Clemens- Roider. need I go on, these guys are much more mainstream than a swimmer, and KOBE, And Rays careers are as solid as ever.

kokmatt
02-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Who hasn't hit the bong at least once? Just now they have camera phones.

factoryX
02-07-2009, 02:04 PM
thats not the point, kobe, basket ball player. phelps, international swimmer....

smokinwrench
02-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Who hasn't hit the bong at least once? Just now they have camera phones.

Never hit a bong! I do enjoy beer though which is legal.

aldochina
02-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Never hit a bong! I do enjoy beer though which is legal.

hitting the bong is legal, just not in THE LAND OF THE FREE, wierd huh!!

Dirtcrasher
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I don't think he should even apologize for what he did... He did it years ago, not during the Olympics!!

For christs sake, President Clinton GOT A BLOWJOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steriod use in baseball??

Gangbangers??

I wonder if actually knows who took that photo?? Some POS out to make a buck!!

smokinwrench
02-08-2009, 02:20 PM
hitting the bong is legal, just not in THE LAND OF THE FREE, wierd huh!!

Its not legal in the USA. NO matter what you say doing drugs is illegal. He should be in trouble.

Dirtcrasher
02-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah, it just grows naturally anywhere so it should be banned :rolleyes:

Just like oregano and thyme, parsley, tobacco, basil.............

tri-Z ripper
02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
not to mention not to step on any toes but it is legal in california as well as denver colorado parts of nevada. it is bull crap that michael phelps will be shunned for such a silly thing. hitting a bong is not illegal who knows if it had tobacco in it or not? all assumptions to try to make him look bad from whom someone mentioned earlier is a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro who thought it was funny or was trying to make a buck from it!

russell56443
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Marijuana shouldnt even be considered a drug much less be illegal!
People die every day from Nicotine and alcohol related health complications and dont forget Alcohol related Automobile accidents that kill innocent people.
There both Legal after a certain age?
It's just stupid!
If the USA made marijuana legal,taxed the sales think of the income that would bring to America!

super90
02-10-2009, 06:24 AM
It definatly should be legal, its just rediculous. People sitting in jail for 3 years for having a natural PLANT. Even though it is decriminalized in some states its still far from legal. Yet that have that salvia bs that makes you halucinate and trip out and thats legal. Basically its just the government refusing to be proven wrong.

factoryX
02-10-2009, 11:05 AM
the only people who want it legal are the people that smoke it....And no, pot is 2/3's acid...Drinking has been banned to, only to be brought back for a money maker. Tobacco, is what brought this nation to wqhere it is now, with out it we would be living in country owned by another country. Drinking and smoking should both be illegal, but there are reasons why drinking is not.

tanks350x
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
thats not the point, kobe, basket ball player. phelps, international swimmer....

Kobe was in the olympics also, did you forget?, So you could call him an international Basketball player as well

4Q2
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
the only people who want it legal are the people that smoke it....And no, pot is 2/3's acid...Drinking has been banned to, only to be brought back for a money maker. Tobacco, is what brought this nation to wqhere it is now, with out it we would be living in country owned by another country. Drinking and smoking should both be illegal, but there are reasons why drinking is not.

Im not gonna argue all the positive uses hemp or weed has to offer, do you have any idea why it was banned ? not because people where smoking it... because it is too wonderful and abundant that people could actually do well harvesting this produce. do some research you will see, you have no idea what the complete legalization of maryjane would do for our economy, not to mention all our state of minds.
Theres like 70% of the population on some type of mind relaxer, thats pumped to our kids and elderly. Making them loads of $ and infecting us with future ailments. Once they get you on that crap theres no way out !! so dont preach about pot being the end all drug. theres a reason why its slowly becoming legal, its a good thing The people have spoken !!!!!!
P.S. No hard feelings, but i also feel strongly about this matter, in the end i guess live and let live,

factoryX
02-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Im not gonna argue all the positive uses hemp or weed has to offer, do you have any idea why it was banned ? not because people where smoking it... because it is too wonderful and abundant that people could actually do well harvesting this produce. do some research you will see, you have no idea what the complete legalization of maryjane would do for our economy, not to mention all our state of minds.
Theres like 70% of the population on some type of mind relaxer, thats pumped to our kids and elderly. Making them loads of $ and infecting us with future ailments. Once they get you on that crap theres no way out !! so dont preach about pot being the end all drug. theres a reason why its slowly becoming legal, its a good thing The people have spoken !!!!!!
P.S. No hard feelings, but i also feel strongly about this matter, in the end i guess live and let live,

okay, Yes medical marijane is great for people who are about to die, or people who have advanced stages of cancer. Smoking marijane just to get high on your sofa, no way, out of line. Hemp, you can not high off of, it has wonderful use's in medication, fabrics, lotions, E.T.C. With my mother being a nurse for 19 years, she can tell you why marijane is good for medication and why smoking it for the joy should be illegal. You may think it would solve thing by making it legal, but you would have people driving high, swimming high, and worse of all, driving atv's high. Is this not one of the reason why trike where banned? -Malcolm

factoryX
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Kobe was in the olympics also, did you forget?, So you could call him an international Basketball player as well

Does kobe really compete with phelps in the way phelps is advertised to children?

4Q2
02-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Maybe if Phelps came out and said, " yes I do smoke now and then, but in moderation, and on my own time at no dangers to others " Would it have been a big deal if the same shot was taken in Amsterdam? So I guess Phelps or any other person thats highly publicized cant do anything wrong ever ? I guess they cant drink, smoke cigs, smoke cigars, enjoy a fine scotch, chew dip, what if Phelps dont like to brush his teeth regularly. Kids are suppose to get there morals from there parents.These people are human. Arnold Swartzewhatever admitted to smoking pot , Bruce Lee use to eat it, you know G Bush and Clinton smoke still. :D

I would rather have the people around me to be stoned rather than drunk, if you dont smoke then you will never understand. Weed dosent influence your decisions or or your motor skills, it opens your mind and for some people helps them concentrate, even while there working. The people changing the laws for the legalization are not living on the streets, there all around you,doctors,cops, judges, lawyers, teachers, professors, welders, its endless, even pro athletes and govenors ??? Hmmmmm there might be something to this wonderment ? ( is that a word ? ):wondering

Im not telling any kids on here that its cool, the lungs were not ment for breathing in ANY smoke. I will say that smoking pot makes you relax and KILLS your motivation making you lazy, lazyness leads to obesity and depression, possible drinking binges, then you could be on Concerta and talking to a shrink . :drool:

super90
02-11-2009, 04:07 AM
I will say that smoking pot makes you relax and KILLS your motivation making you lazy

Thats the typical quote of many, but its really not the case. Its all in the strains, indica will make you like that, sativa makes you want to actually do something productive. I would say if it makes you lazy and you see yourself going in a downward spiral than you have no business smoking it :)

factoryX
02-11-2009, 04:32 AM
well, nobody should be smoking it at all(illegal come to mind??). The only use's should be for medical pain relief and treatments for serious ailments like cancer and or near death and in serious pain releif. And as for california being legal there, well they are going to be screwed any way from being bankrupt with in a couple months for passing dumb laws like legalising pot.

4Q2
02-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Thats the typical quote of many, but its really not the case. Its all in the strains, indica will make you like that, sativa makes you want to actually do something productive. I would say if it makes you lazy and you see yourself going in a downward spiral than you have no business smoking it :)

I agree with you 100% Super, I was just trying to be objective. I smoke regularly, have 3 kids all doing well in school, happily married ( sometimes :crazy: ) and am self employed, most of my freinds smoke and are also doing well, I also have friends that arent doing well that dont smoke, and do smoke still. Dosent mean squat.
I dont make my kids wear bike helmets when riding there pedal bikes , I never wore one, I do make my kids wear a seat belt yet I refuse to wear one myself. But I always wear a dirt - road helmet , and life preservers. You have to pick your own battles I guess.

(illegal come to mind??) Only illegal where he was ! Its only illegal because big brother made it that way, ya because the govt has your best interest at heart. Its illegal for personal gains,not because its wrong. Its not illegal if its part of your religion. ? Its illegal to ride your bikes on power lines and gas lines? Isnt it illegal to speed on public ways, but we all do it anyways, just like pot some will speed more than others, or build muscle cars that are ridiculously fast ! Why do we bend the laws to suit our own needs ? I think most would agree that the laws we break are the ones that dont effect others. I believe in right and wrong, and if it makes you happy and dosent hurt me or my family then thats alright with me.

There are so many things around us that are far worse than PERSONAL pot use.
Our personal health care is going down the drain physically and financially yet theres are fat pumping fast food joint or package store on every corner, and were not allowed to get cheaper meds from Canada ?.
Smoking pot itself dosnt make Phelps any less of an athlete, maybe if he did it 10 times a day and didnt train, McDonalds would also have the same effect.

I bet Arnold enjoys a fat cuban more often than a Big Mac. ( Cubans are illegal in this country) yet the basic crap cigar is not, because the Americans dont profit from that BRAND. Potential profit creates laws or rules. The American Govt is starting to see it as POTential profit. ;)

aldochina
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Its not legal in the USA. NO matter what you say doing drugs is illegal. He should be in trouble.

read the post and pay attention, I thought the land of the free was the USA, apparently not. Weres the proof he is doing drugs? I see a glass tube, no drugs

aldochina
02-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure the difference of sitting on you couch drinking a six pack, or smoking a joint, other than legality in some places. alchohol affects your skills way more than pot. and thats a fact. Almost all the information available to non-pot smokers about the effects it has on your mind and body, is GOVERNMENT PROPAGANDA. They will never tell the truth at this point.:beer SOUR DIESEL:beer

factoryX
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
so you are disagreeing with a 17 year old that has watched his child hood friends started smoking pot in middle school, and turn into druggies that have been to jail, selling, and opening them up to other drugs? "Hey this drug is okay, why not another?" So you are telling me that it is okay to go out and smoke? I am done. - Malcolm

Dirtcrasher
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
so you are disagreeing with a 17 year old that has watched his child hood friends started smoking pot in middle school, and turn into druggies that have been to jail, selling, and opening them up to other drugs? "Hey this drug is okay, why not another?" So you are telling me that it is okay to go out and smoke? I am done. - Malcolm

Well, ANYTHING "CAN" lead to other drugs.......

We all watched the movies in school that told us what POT leads to.

And so might chew, tobacco or alcohol.

There isn't anything etched in stone that says POT WILL DO THIS TO YOU!! Many people smoke from time to time, enjoy it very much and it doesn't lead them to anything else.

You can't compare your friends in there element to a "usual outcome".

If POT lead them to METH, CRACK or whatever else they do, then that was there situation and has nothing to do with the rest of the world. It was THERE choice and pot didn't make them do it!

I don't really care for pot anymore.... it makes me tired, or paranoid and upset so I rarely smoke. But I'll never look down upon someone who does because it might work just fine for them.....

For that matter, I'm an alcoholic, a VERY functional alcoholic but it is what I am nonetheless. I blame most of it on being alone and having the ability to be reckless.... Should ALCOHOL be blamed? Should we contact the CSPC?? Maybe we should BAN IT, because THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!

And alcohol is legal and takes so many lives and destroys families everyday.........

I wish I didn't drink as much beer as I do, I don't get into the hard schit but what does that matter?? Do I want to do Coke or anything else?? Nope, thats what my wife decided to try and I lost her because of it...

For the record, if anyone chooses to not respect who I am whilst I'm willing to admit it, I will survive................................... Just ignore my posts :D

The Goat
02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd like to say first off...I'm allergic to marijuana in any form. Be it cooked, smoked, or just plain eaten. If I even smell the smoke, my throat begins to close up, and I have serious trouble breathing.

Having said that, the reasons behind marijuana's illegallity has nothing to do with it's effects...at least not at this point. It was initially made illegal by the religious conservatives for the same reasons alcohol was. "oh it's bad and it's corrupting our youth....GRRR!" Sorry people...there is no difference between a guy knocking down a six pack and a guy smoking a bowl. I'd be willing to say that more people are functional after that bowl than after that beer.

Alcohol is a stimulant in low doses...and then is nothing more than a poor depressant. It destroys brain cells. 90% of weed has such a low dosage of THC that it causes ZERO permanent damage. Unless you're growing your own exotic blends...and affecting the straings through inbreeding and genetic manipulation...most people will never find weed capable of "frying" their brain.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug. It's not. Something like 96% of people who use marijuana never use any other drugs. That means that 4% of marijuana users progress to other drugs. More than 4% of the average population progresses to other drugs...

Having said that, marijuana is illegal. However, hitting a bong, is not. Only, and I mean ONLY if an illegal substance is present is that illegal. I've personally smoked TONS of tobacco out of hookas, water pipes, humidifiers, and yes...bongs.

I believe the drinking age should be 18. I also believe marijuana should be legal for sale to 18 year olds are older. Will I ever smoke? Nope...but I realize that it is very hypocritical to say that one drug is illegal while another is not.

I personally dealt with NO2 usage for quite a few months. 100-150 cartridges in a night was nothing out of the ordinary. 20 cartridges per case for 17 dollars, discounted to 13 dollars per case if you buy more than 4. It is actually not an addicting drug...not at all. It's a lot like weed in that sense, but it's infinitely more powerful. One day I looked around...realized it was such a waste of money...and never touched one since.

NO2 is perfectly legal to purchase if you've over 18, hell, a ten year old can walk into walmart and buy a can of whipped cream for a double shot of nitrous. Pure, near medicinal grade nitrous.

It's legal to buy NO2 cartridges... It's legal to buy the cracker and balloon or canister to use those cartridges... It's illegal to hold both of them at the same time. Yeah...that makes perfect sense...I promise.

dreadhed
02-12-2009, 12:00 AM
And as for california being legal there, well they are going to be screwed any way from being bankrupt with in a couple months for passing dumb laws like legalising pot.

Were you drunk when you typed that? Your right that law must be the reason they are going bankrupt. It's spelled legalizing by the way....just a dumm smoker helping you out..:drool:

So you are telling me that it is okay to go out and smoke? I am done. - Malcolm
Hell yeah it's okshens I love it when a a drinker argues against it. Nothing better than someone who tells you a drug that makes it so you can't stand, walk or keep from slurring their speech talks about how bad pot is.....AH just about time to go home & hit the bong:w00t:

factoryX
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I had my typo of the day and you point it out?

keister
02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Let's say you are at a party and Michael Phelps is there. Do you:
a. see this as a golden opportunity to party down and hang out with him OR
b. snap an incriminating picture in hopes of getting paid off by a tabloid

Talk about bad decisions....???!!!

Phelps also got a DUI a while back. He wasn't exactly a squeaky clean role model for kids to begin with.

aldochina
02-13-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm proud to have ignited this debate. :beer

Just a personal fact, I know more successful potheads than alcoholics, more dope smokin athletes than boozin athletes, and I'll put the health of my daily for 16 years pot smokin body against the same consumer of alcohol and see which drug has done more harm!!

nothing against alcohol by the way, I probably drink 6-10 beers a week. I'm not bashing alcoholics just stating facts from my expierience.

The sad thing about Phelps is it was probably a jelous friend or somthing that turned him in. the guys at a private house party with what he thinks are his friends.

topoortorideon4
02-13-2009, 11:02 AM
its funny. He made the bong producer famous.lol