PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

longbedGTs
02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Im trying to figure out how Ill get a car from NJ down to GA. Ive called some rental places that are both in NJ and GA so I could just rent a car one way, but they are freakin smoking crack. About $300-$500! My truck is getting painted, so I cant use that.
Id really hate to pass up this deal because I couldnt find a way to get it down here. Ill only have about 4 days to do this, so a car transporter isnt an option, plus I wouldnt trust anyone else to 'handle with care'.
Any suggestions?

Twilight
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
try uship.com and look for anyone doing a shipment. probably be the best bet, thats a 900 mile journey right?

chris200x
02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
buy a bus ticket.... ;)

longbedGTs
02-07-2009, 01:26 PM
buy a bus ticket.... ;)

Thought about that but Ive ridden the grey dog enough times to know that a 1000 mile trip turns into 3 days real fast.

ATC-Eric
02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
I did a trip to ohio on a greyhound for a truck once.

See if you cant get yourself a cheap plane ticket during the week. Show up and the airport and offer to jump on a departing plane, you can sometimes get real cheap tickets.

Any way you go about it, this is going to cost you a few bucks.

Billy Golightly
02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
seriously checkout uship.com I've gotten some stuff moved FAR distances for super cheap.

Vealmonkey
02-07-2009, 11:08 PM
One way or another you are going to have to pay. Is the car even roadworthy or street legal. If it's not getting to NJ is less than half the battle. Unless you are really sweeet looking in a pair of shorts and a tank top you can probably forget about a free ride up to NJ to get it! LOL Sorry I just had to. If it was roadworthy and street legal than you just have to worry about getting up to NJ and driving it back down and then all you would need is food and gas money. I don't know anyone who drives a semi that far or I could put you in contact with them but it would still cost something to bring it down. Maybe this deal is just not meant to be or you would find a way no matter what. There just isn't enough details and maybe something a little off about the whole deal. I wish you the best and I have done some wheeling and dealing in my days but I'm just not seeing alot of positives on this since you don't seem that determined. Maybe you could explain the whole story better.

smokinwrench
02-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Uship is fast and cheap. I have had perfect luck with it.

longbedGTs
02-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Im thinking that itd be better to just wait until my truck is done so I can use it to get the car rather than shipping it(the opening scene in Ace Ventura comes to mind). I can just hope he still has the car. BTW, its a grey 88 Thunderbird Turbocoupe with 35K miles. :naughty:
Veal: Youre right. I wasnt too serious about getting the car because I knew I didnt have a solid way to get it back to GA. I let the seller know that there was an uncertianty, so he wasnt left in the dark.

*Edit* Dellima solved. Ill stop at my moms in NY and drive down to Joisey with her and drive the Turbocoupe back to NY. Next time Im in GA, Ill just drive up to NY and get the car. (if it goes as planned)