PDA

View Full Version : ASV Brake lever 85/86 250R and TRX300 88-94

1BFC
02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
So, anyone have any interest in the Brake lever from ASV for the stock 85/86 250R? I ordered a set from them and the clutch works great but the brake doesn't fit (yet).

Turns out they never did a lever for the 85/86 master (no surprise really) and the same lever works on the TRX300 as well.

So, I'm working with them to get them to make a new part that will work. If there's interest here, I'll post up the results and give a part number that you guys can order from.

Anyway... just thought I'd toss this out there. I've gotten plenty of help from folks here, I figured it's time I try and give something back. :beer

dcreel
02-09-2009, 02:26 PM
How about some tecate love?

honda250sx
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Unless your hardcore gotta have ORIGINAL. I run a YFZ450 with there C5 series lever on it on my tri-z. Ten times the stopping power...

1BFC
02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Well I guess this was short lived, which is unfortunate.

Got an email back from Bob Morales at ASV and he said they were back logged 2 years on new applications. Even though I think it would be an extremely easy program modification on their CNC setup, I guess they have plenty of business to keep them going so this tiny market segment isn't worth the hour or so of time it would take it get it right.

Oh well, I tried. I thought for sure they would go for it after my initial conversation with them.

Sorry for the false alarm.