PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? What can I do?

Daddio
02-09-2009, 10:09 PM
I just got shafted on ebay by a guy who reneged on an auction that I won. I paid for this immediately like I do with any transaction. It wasn't any old item either. I think that this guy was upset because this went for less than he had hoped for, but isn't that why they allow you to put a reserve on stuff? My question is what can be done about this? I am pi$$ed to say the least. :mad:

I checked my email when I got home from work expecting to find that this item had been shipped but this is what I got instead.

Hi Lloyd, I am sorry to say but I cannot sell the Mugen kit to you. This kit was given to me by my brother as a gift and when he found out that I put it on ebay he was furious with me in that I would sell it. Apparently he wanted to keep it in the family and it wasnt to be sold. So this dilemma has caused a big problem with the family over the weekend and rather than have harsh feelings with him I cannot sell it. I have issued a refund back to your paypal account and understand if you feel the need to leave bad feedback but I hope under the situation you could understand.

Thanks,
Jason

- buffalojay

Answer the question

Mugen Honda ATC 250R 360kit cylinder motor engine pipe
Mugen Honda ATC 250R 360kit cylinder motor engine pipe
Item Id: 230322917951
End time: Feb-07-09 15:48:54 PST
Seller:

buffalojay (258)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Oct-23-00 in United States
Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was closed.

chris200x
02-09-2009, 10:13 PM
oh,, that sucks. Hunt him down and string him up! lol

that's most likely what happened tho. alot of guys expect top dollar for their stuff. only thing you can do is hit em with a negative feedback I would think.

you got a link to that auction?

Howdy
02-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Don't forget to file a NPS ( non-peforming seller ) with ebay as well as neg feedback. Sellers need to realize that it is a legally binding contract once you win. He could have ended the auction if he didn't want to sell it.
Howdy

rdlsz24
02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
That sucks but I guess there's not much you can do besides filing a report like Howdy said. I hate when sellers get bitter when their items don't go for much.

Last summer I won a nice truck bed for my Toyota for $25 on eBay lol. I think the guy was pissed because in the auction he said he would help load it, etc and it was sitting nicely on a fork lift in the pictures. Well after I won it for so cheap all of a sudden he wasn't going to be home to help me load it and when I got there (after driving to MN from IL) he had dropped the bed on a hayrack, crunching the quarter panels.

Rob

thefox
02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I had a similar thing happen, the seller (also a member here but joined after the ebay deal I think) sold a YTM engine on ebay, BIN was $200 or so but I won the auction for about $60 (no reserve). I paid and he then refunded the money, he said that he didn't realize the motor was his brothers and he was not supposed to sell it.

I dropped it and moved on, a year or so later I ended up buying so plastic from him off the board (actually it was fenders that it turns out I sold him on ebay years ago from my dad's trike, small world). I drove to get the plastic and meet him, we chatted for a while and he seems to be a nice guy. I never brought up the motor and never plan on it (I haven't seen him on in a while so hopefully isn’t reading this). Maybe his story was true.

Just remember, when it comes down to it there isn't much you can do. I would ask him if his brother had a price in mind that he would sell it for then leave the negative feedback and NPS if you want to. I would not blast him on the negative feedback though, just state the facts.

ATCeeya
02-10-2009, 01:57 AM
I'm calling major BS on his reason for not selling you it. What kind of baby wont sell something because of his brother. Real brothers would tell eachother to piss off. Its not as if he sold an item that his brother currently owned. I'd probably email him back and tell him what b*llshit it is with what hes doing. And I'd hit him with a negative feedback as well but be reasonable with what I said. As in 'Seller refused to sell me item after I won and paid. Bad business" something like that.

petesatc
02-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Hey Lloyd,
the guy thought that it was going BIG and would of of gone big in a normal market...it's a real bummer not sure what you can do.....how far from you is it???
Has that head turned up yet??????

Pete

dcreel
02-10-2009, 05:59 AM
I'd say someone else offered him more money than the auction ended at.

freaksfix
02-10-2009, 10:00 AM
I'd say someone else offered him more money than the auction ended at.

Thats a very good possibility, it is a VERY rare item.. If it was summer time and my shop was open with the cash flow I would have bid high on it for my drag bike, probly in the $1000-1200 range.. In my eyes its worth double that, ive seen complete bolt on 300 kits bring a grand and they are way more common than a 360 kit... When if ever you going to come across a complete bolt on 360 kit.. That sucks, 1upfront has that 300 dialed in so good and is cleaning house with it, if he got a 360 dialed in like his 300 he would be unstopable. Plus he has that KILLER hole shot, he has a hole shot that most people need a BIG swingarm or wheely bar for and some how he does it on stock length bike, VERY impressive.. I hope you guys are able to piece that other 360 kit together, id realy like to see his bike run as a 360..

As far as what to do with the seller, guilt him into going threw with the sale.. Other than that there realy isnt much to do..

freaksfix
02-10-2009, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=ATCeeya;706632]I'm calling major BS on his reason for not selling you it. What kind of baby wont sell something because of his brother. Real brothers would tell eachother to piss off. QUOTE]

Thats not true, there is no way me or my brother would sell a part from underneith each other with out running it by them first..

Ive got a set of NOS super scoops and fork gaurds for the 2nd geration R. I put them on ebay and they didnt sell so my brother said he wanted them, after that i had some good offers and refused them. Id give them to my brother for free and let him bust them up befor id take $200 from a stranger. When it comes down to it all you have is blood and blood will always be there cash dont mean a thing...

On the other hand we've got another brother inbetween us that would have done that to us in the past and possibly now, we never had that bond with him and he has always been about himself and money has always meant more.. But he is starting to come around, i think (hope)...

Bigbore
02-10-2009, 11:12 AM
It depends how bad you want it! If you want it bad enough... I'd get ahold of the county court where he lives and file a small claims action agaist him and have the judge force him to give it up. If the guy was close enough and your really wanting it....

Remember Mugen 360's don't come up very often on e-bay (like never!). Makes me feel good that I bought my as a complete kit, NEW, for $1,600.

mad
02-10-2009, 04:39 PM
also i would save him as a favroite and watch him to see if he relists it .

aaron7
02-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Definately file a NPS and leave bad feedback. His story is total BS and we don't need sellers like that on ebay.

ATC-Eric
02-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Where does he live? We can get a 3WW possie to go knock on his door..........

THats trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id probably throw my computer out the window after reading that email.

Take him to court.

oldtime3wheeler
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Tell him to send you his brothers email address so you can talk to him. If hes telling you the truth maybe you can persuade the brother. If hes lying and got a higher offer than yours after the auction ended, theres not much you can do.

ATC-Eric
02-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Take him to court. Thats a high enough priced item to fight for it.

Daddio
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
This was my response to this reneger.

Dear buffalojay,

It has taken until now to respond to this situation because of how upset I am.
It is hard to believe that a responsible person would wait until an auction had ended and received payment to change their mind about selling it.
I thought that I had bought this for my son. I set my maximum bid fairly high to ensure that I would win this item. I am aware of the rarity of the kit. My son restores aircooled 3wheelers and this is one thing that he had been looking for for some time. I am sorry that there was not more bidding on the auction than there was.
When you put this kit up for bid you entered intil a legally binding contract to sell it at auctions end to the highest bidder. I upon bidding on this auction entered into a similar contract,in that I agreed to pay you at auctions end. I did that. You on the other hand reneged on your contract. I didn't bid on this because I wanted to have my money refunded. I bid on it because I wanted the items in the auction that I won.
Sincerely Lloyd

This used every character allowed. I will leave negative feedback and file a nps against him. What a jerk.

KILLER
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=ATCeeya;706632]I'm calling major BS on his reason for not selling you it. What kind of baby wont sell something because of his brother. Real brothers would tell eachother to piss off. QUOTE]

Thats not true, there is no way me or my brother would sell a part from underneith each other with out running it by them first..

Ive got a set of NOS super scoops and fork gaurds for the 2nd geration R. I put them on ebay and they didnt sell so my brother said he wanted them, after that i had some good offers and refused them. Id give them to my brother for free and let him bust them up befor id take $200 from a stranger. When it comes down to it all you have is blood and blood will always be there cash dont mean a thing...

On the other hand we've got another brother inbetween us that would have done that to us in the past and possibly now, we never had that bond with him and he has always been about himself and money has always meant more.. But he is starting to come around, i think (hope)...
Yeah , what he said . but im not typing all that . BLOOD RULES.:beer :D

KILLER
02-11-2009, 12:31 AM

Yeah what he said . but im not gonna type all that . blood rules . this 250 r is gonna be fast :Bounce and look fast with those scoop and fork gaurds. just need a longer swinger know . shens dude if you got people wanting to buy them for a good price , sell them . just don't give them away . unless it's to me !!!:lol: :beer :beer

ATCeeya
02-11-2009, 01:00 AM

What happened with this guy and what you just said are two completely different situations. Not comparable.

First you said he wouldnt sell anything without running it by you first. Thats good you and your brother would do that. The seller however didnt do that and proceeded to sell the item at his will.

The difference between your situation and this one is the item here in question sold. yours didnt sell. So you hooked up your bro and refused offers from strangers after the fact who should have won the auction if they wanted it bad enough . But I bet if it sold, and your brother said back out of the sale bro I want it for free, that youd tell him tuff luck. if not, then you would be just as bad as the jerkoff seller who isnt selling the item to the guy in this thread who got jipped. There was ample time to end the auction before it ended if that guys brother really wanted it. Its obviously a bullsh*t excuse not to sell it anyways. Dudes brother should have never gave up the part if he liked it so much.

I think what I wanted to say came out differently as how I meant it. If I had a brother and wanted to sell a part and he was adiment about me NOT selling it because he wanted it. then ok it would go to him. But if he gave me something,then I already had sold it and received a payment for it, then he cried about it. Id have to tell him tuff luck, its sold Im sorry how bout a couple of beers on me.

Id watch this guys auctions. I bet he relists it at a later date with a higher reserve.

freaksfix
02-11-2009, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=freaksfix;706694]

What happened with this guy and what you just said are two completely different situations. Not comparable.

First you said he wouldnt sell anything without running it by you first. Thats good you and your brother would do that. The seller however didnt do that and proceeded to sell the item at his will.

The difference between your situation and this one is the item here in question sold. yours didnt sell. So you hooked up your bro and refused offers from strangers after the fact who should have won the auction if they wanted it bad enough . But I bet if it sold, and your brother said back out of the sale bro I want it for free, that youd tell him tuff luck. if not, then you would be just as bad as the jerkoff seller who isnt selling the item to the guy in this thread who got jipped. There was ample time to end the auction before it ended if that guys brother really wanted it. Its obviously a bullsh*t excuse not to sell it anyways. Dudes brother should have never gave up the part if he liked it so much.

I think what I wanted to say came out differently as how I meant it. If I had a brother and wanted to sell a part and he was adiment about me NOT selling it because he wanted it. then ok it would go to him. But if he gave me something,then I already had sold it and received a payment for it, then he cried about it. Id have to tell him tuff luck, its sold Im sorry how bout a couple of beers on me.

Id watch this guys auctions. I bet he relists it at a later date with a higher reserve.

No your right it is different situations, i read into it wrong.. He should have run it by his brother first, if thats even the case its probly just him wanting to get more money