PDA

View Full Version : who know anything

krazykane
02-15-2009, 06:51 PM
hey guys new to the site i have at3 and tri moto but found a 440 cannondale for a great price .run only when charged but after a few it cuts off anybody know what it could be before i buy it and is that a badass quad like i heard it was .please let me know asap since i want to buy it if not to big of a job or to intense thanks in advance

smokinwrench
02-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Cdales are awesome machines when running. They have tons and tons of reliablity issues. Chainsaw had one and I rode it, it was unreal as far as power and handling. The motor in it went bad so he bought a complete engine and never could make it run, sold everything he had. I know there are a ton of updates that need to be done to them. exriders has a section for them, might read up on them overthere.

krazykane
02-16-2009, 10:48 AM
thanks smokin thats what i heard but i really want one so i fdont knwo what iam going to do

ccdhowell
02-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Two guys race them against me in XC racing. One of them lines up behind me and starts one minute later than me, it's hard to keep him behind my Raptor 700. In yesterday's race he came up behind me in the tight woods but couldn't get by me on the short straights and definately not on the long straights, not as much power as my 3 mod Raptor 700, he was close and eventually got me in a woods section that offered multiple lines. The thing handles much better than my Raptor from what I can tell by watching him race.

Funny thing about the 'dales though, the engine always sounds like it's about to blow a rod. I can always tell when the 'dale gets near cause the engine sounds like no other.

mad
02-16-2009, 01:10 PM
hey krazykane where at in pa are you? theres a guy who works on atvs and has a couple of them that he races and knows the in and outs on them.pm me and ill give you his info.