PDA

View Full Version : Utility course

Russell 350X
02-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Is there gonna be one at Trikefest this year?

keister
02-23-2009, 02:18 PM
there is a somewhat permanent utility course at Haspin (at least the past 2 years). this is used for ATV rodeo events (not associated with TF), and they leave it mostly intact.
my guess is if there is a competition, it will still be an unofficial event. the official events are jam packed as it is - especially when the rain messes with the schedule.
my biggest problem with the utility competion is that I get my BR all shined up for the trip, then we do mud pit / utility course on wednesday, and my trike is all mudded up before TF even really begins.
I know, I know, Waaaaaaaaaa.

ditchmud
02-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Maybe we could hold the utillity comp during the rain or muddy time afterwards when the other events are postponed.

Russell 350X
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
The only event I have seen postponed was the drags. Everything else gets ran, rain or shine.

keister
02-25-2009, 01:47 PM
The only event I have seen postponed was the drags. Everything else gets ran, rain or shine.

Pretty much - but not always on time. The MX was postponed ~4hrs last year in order to get the track in rideable condition. Invariably the poker runs get set back an hour or 2 because we always get a downpour just as it is about to start. I have also seen Devil's Backbone rained out.

This will be TF #5 for me. The law of averages dictates that there will have to be a sunny Friday morning at some point.

sandpuppi101
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
The law of averages dictates that there will have to be a sunny Friday morning at some point.

Well let's hope that your hypothetical theory pan's out like that this year Keister,LOL..