PDA

View Full Version : What is with the newer members on here?

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2009, 03:41 AM
I cannot help but ask this question. What the hell is up with some of the newer members on here? I sure do miss the old timers that do not come around much any more. But with the behavior of the newer ones, I can see why. I can get the same questions being asked. But the insult of making deals and breaking them is ridiculous. There is no damn excuse for that. Or, worse yet not telling the other party involved that they are breaking the deal. Then, getting sent dumb ass PM’s that has no business being sent in the first place. Hell, you cannot even tell them anything with out them getting all bent out of shape. I know others on here share my aggravation because we have discussed it. So let me send out a message to the newer members on here. If you are going to make a deal, stand behind it. I will start posting the details of your crap if you break any more deals with me. And I know for a fact a few other members will as well.

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2009, 04:53 AM
That is my point. Now, I look at some ones join date before I even respond to them. And yes, I was and still am annoyed over the Z deal we had. A little communication is all that is required.

ATC-Eric
02-22-2009, 05:09 AM
You know, I would have to say its way more then new members with me. Ive been screwed and missguided on all sorts of deals with more seasoned members with "good" feedback. It gets on my nerves to think of the crappy deals Ive wasted money on.

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2009, 05:20 AM
I know that happens as well. But personly, I have never had an issue with the old timers I have dealt with in the past.

RedRider_AK
02-22-2009, 05:22 AM
You know what they say, the more people join a certain group, the worse it gets.

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2009, 05:34 AM
That is a true statement. I know a lot of people want this site to grow. But I liked it a lot better whne I knew everyone and knew who could be trusted.

RedRider_AK
02-22-2009, 05:41 AM
The site growing brings with it both good and bad. More people get involved in the sport, get help with their machines, etc. That's great. But it also lets more scammers get in here, more idiots, more people who don't know shat and don't want to learn either...

I took a leave of absence (moving) for about 5 months or so last year, when I came back I saw a bunch of guys I didn't recognize. All the old guys were still here, I think, you, Dirtcrasher, Raffa, etc, but there were a lot of newbies as well.

Hope this place doesn't become just another forum with a bunch of people trolling each other.

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2009, 05:57 AM
That is how I see it getting. I am not able to get on here as much any more. And I am not able to ride or do anything with my trikes until I get home for good. But, that does not mean I have not seen the negative side of growth on this site. I have seen stupid threads of new members posting questions then not accepting the answers they get. If they already know so much, why di dthey post to begin with? I am sure once I am able to get back into my hobby, I am going find aven more new members I do not like.

TravEX
02-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah, we are getting watered down here! hehe

Lonesome, I too, look at their join date, and I usually ask their age and some personal stuff like that. I wish that a confirmed birthdate was required for membership here. I have been outspoken and bashed on that in the past. That's why I put my age and info in my sig, so people know who they are talking to. I wish we had a paysite forum for those of us that was only to deal with members serious about the machines. Just a few bucks a year would not be a big deal.

I rarely post here anymore, maybe check the classifieds once a day and kinda check things out. Just not the same anymore, don't really know why. Maybe when it warms up and I can get my 110 back together, I'll be fired up again.

Travis

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2009, 09:32 AM
I know why things are not the same. Look at the reason for this thread. A good junk (maybe not all) of new members are ruining it.

Maybe there are some good new members, I do no tknow. The only dealing I have had are with ones that suck.

hublake
02-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, we are getting watered down here! hehe

Lonesome, I too, look at their join date, and I usually ask their age and some personal stuff like that. I wish that a confirmed birthdate was required for membership here. I have been outspoken and bashed on that in the past. That's why I put my age and info in my sig, so people know who they are talking to. I wish we had a paysite forum for those of us that was only to deal with members serious about the machines. Just a few bucks a year would not be a big deal.

I rarely post here anymore, maybe check the classifieds once a day and kinda check things out. Just not the same anymore, don't really know why. Maybe when it warms up and I can get my 110 back together, I'll be fired up again.

Travis

I understand what Lonesome is talking about also. I am 65 and a retired school teacher. I have been retired 11 years and I saw the same thing happening to students back then. Younger people, not all, and I probably will get ripped for this, but that is ok. It is my impression that todays generation of younger people do not have the respect and responsibility that the previous generation had. I see this in posts and being around various family members. Their talk and disrespect, especially for anybody in authority, is unbelievable.

Mosh
02-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Ahh yes...Generation X...

These kids were never taught,to have to answer for their actions.
When they were a Inconvience to Mommy And Daddy, The parents just threw them money to get them out of their hair.
Most never had to work for anything, or were taught to keep their word to gain something..
Most of the parents were so busy working, to live the life of keeping up with the Jones', that these kids grew up as latch key kids..Coming home to no parental guidance, and learning their "values" from YO MTV Raps and crap like that on TV.

We can thank Sally Jeese Rapheal, and Ophra,and the like for coming on TV in the late 80's and 90's saying..."dont spank your kids"....."Use Positive Correction"

I agree with " spare the rod, spoil the child " Mindset..

There are a few that were taught well.But not many!

I cant wait to see what the next generation will be like..Yippie.:lol:

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I am not so sure all those I have had contact with as of late, are kids. Do not get me wrong, I agree most of today's youth are scum bags. But I cannot be sure if the members I am referring to are a part of that generation.

Kintore
02-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Being part of that Gen, I know where you guys are coming from. Im 19 now and consider myself a older member here as ive been here since Oct 04 I think it was.

But going through High school a couple years ago you have NO idea what its like. People do/say anything they want. No one can lay a hand on anyone to set em straight. Some kids take this to heart and can rule a classroom and the teacher is powerless to do this. What ever happened to a good ole fashioned ass beatin?

To be honest im scared to see this new gen.... who or what will they listen to?

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2009, 11:11 AM
That does worry me. I plan to get into law enforcement when I return home. I am not looking forward to the 15+ year olds in ten years.

wheelie king
02-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Mosh, I agree with you on the genXers for sure. But in a forum setting like this, you are gonna have those diarreah of the mouth types with a computer (that mommy and or daddy or "guardian") bought for them, and BANG! Internet badass is born........ But, I am noticing more around here lately as well.

Guess why they say, "if you wanna ruin your organization, increase your membership."

Saul
02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
To be honest im scared to see this new gen.... who or what will they listen to?

I've got both a 10 year old daughter and a week old daughter - until they leave my house I can tell you right now who they will and do listen to - me and their mother!! I don't blame the person, I blame his/her upbringing.

Honesty and respect - two words, I for one, hold high in value.

firehart
02-22-2009, 11:28 AM
When my kids ( now 31 and 29) were growing up, I worked two jobs so my wife could stay home and be a mom. Now we watch the grandkids because my daughter is a single mom.

3Razors
02-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Moshman worded it perfectly.

fabiodriven
02-22-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure if my expressing an interest in one of your deuces and then getting a better deal elseware (mostly for logistical reasons) ticked you off. If it did, I apologise. I've always wanted a deuce, and yours looked to be close to my price range. When I looked a little closer to my area, I was cutting down the cost to transport it significantly. I'm not one to make a deal with somebody and then just break it, but if I remember correctly I never told you I wanted a truck from you for sure.

I'm no tire kicker, but I guess I did lead you on at least a little bit. Sorry-

(BTW, will you be going to Aberdeen in May Tri-z?)

brapp
02-22-2009, 12:14 PM
i cant agree alot of the kids sayyyyy in the 25 and younger age bracket make me sick i gues si am old fashioned i may not have alot of money but my family comes first i try and get parts i need and sometimes the money falls trough for un forseenbills and stuff liek that. i try to make good on my word btu doesnt always work btu i try thats the thing. i'm not a young kid but i am young compared to some of the older guys(24 years old) but i was also raised to work for what you want but i do step into fair share of deals. but to anyone i have milead or let down by havign a deal falltrough i am sorry and willign to work anyway i can.

Torpedo
02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
I hope all the members dont have the same outlook. As a newer member with 2 OLD 3 wheelers i was really hoping to have a source for locating parts and info if needed.

As with anything, please reserve judgment for a case by case basis. I try to handle any deal i get into with the highest level of courtesy.

firehart
02-22-2009, 02:26 PM
I've only had one dealing with another member and I was very satisfied with the outcome. I did leave positive feedback. I'd probably have more dealings with fellow members if they lived closer.

4Q2
02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow im deeply moved by this thread, I dont know what side to stand on, there are too many good points of view?

Im not sticking up for punks on here but the older gen. does need to remember that they are kids so you have to take there crap with a grain of salt. Its a shame that someone hasnt smacked some respect into them YET, but it will happen someday. I used to be a little trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro for no reason sometimes, but I grew out of that, I now have 3 lil rats of my own, 13, 7 and 3 years old. We were all kids once ? Most kids learn to be A holes by copying there elders. Worst thing to do is disrepect a teeny right off the bat then its a constant battle.

As for backing out of deals, sometimes people show interest into things and need to think about it, time lapses and life is sometimes too busy for a letter of dis-interest about a potential sale. I would not take offense, so they didnt go the extra mile with cordial courtesy, at least they werent rude and said your stuff was crap.

Shawn72
02-22-2009, 04:10 PM
All good points. I feel your frustration LonesomeTriZ. I see the change in the young recruits that we get in the Army. Not as respectful. I blame this on parenting not the kids. But something I'm seeing here is kinda driving me away from this site. I think new members aren't getting a fair shake due to the actions of a few. Seems like there are cliches that refuse to talk to others or share knowledge. A question that may sound "STUPID" to someone knowledgeable, may not be to a newbie. I'm 36 and read my fair share of dumb trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro on here. I just ignore it. Thanks to Raffa, Brapp, Syko and Mike from LI for answering my Dumb questions without making me feel like an idiot. As far as the dealbreaking goes, I've personally never broken a deal, or had anyone on here break one with me. I minimize this risk by dealing with a select few I trust. All the reasons you guys pointed out is why I now spend most of my time over at airfoolers. Small group of supportive members who all help each other out.

300rman
02-22-2009, 06:04 PM
i cant stand it when people cant be trusted. i can understand breaking a deal once in awhile, god knows i have had unexpected expenses that had to come before the fun toys. it sucks, but it does occasionally happen.

but people like TRR, and others just looking to scam really irks me. within my first week of being here, i had bought something off of another member. went smooth as silk, and have since done a bit more bartering, all without problems.

problem with gen X is that gen w believes physical correction is wrong, but it is OK to bully, so you get these kids that do what they want, when they want, and cant be punished for it. everyone is out to screw everyone they can, and thats where the problem lies.

Howdy
02-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I have dealt with quite a few board members with little to no problems. I do have a few tire kickers that want this part or that part and then fail to follow through. Some times I get swamped with things and am slow at finding, getting pictures, and such. Those dealings that don't pan out are generally my fault.

A couple months ago I had one user that reallywanted a Yam Pullstarter. I got it out, got pictures, priced it reasonable and he said he wanted it. 2 months later still nothing from him. Another long time 3WW user needed a Yam pull starter, I got his address and shipped it out. I feel better about helping this user our than the other.
Another user wanted a axle real bad, so I got pictures and such and posted them. never heard from him at all. I was going to ship it for just shipping cost. How ever I won't do that for him now.

I try to be a trusting person, and I have shown that to many forum users. But with anything there are some you can trust, and some you can't.

Howdy

honda250sx
02-22-2009, 10:04 PM
I sliced up some cheese half way thru reading this to go with the wine.

Its all about FEEDBACK. Lay it down and leave it. You have a bad deal, post it up. I recently had a bad deal and let it all hang out. Damn right why not. I don't want the same thing happening to someone else.

fabiodriven
02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Well after reading all this I decided to leave some feedback for a recent transaction that could've gone better. By no means was it a bad transaction, just could've been better. I was keeping my mouth shut because I felt bad, but I guess in the long run it benefits everybody else.

firehart
02-22-2009, 11:03 PM
I always try to do what's right. I know that I have not always given the other guy exactly what they expected in the beginning. ( I've sent out the wrong stuff to the wrong buyer) but I hope that the end results were the best I could do to resolve the problem. I've given refunds and adjustments. I hope others will do the same when both sides are not happy with the transaction.

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Backing out of deals is not the only thing that I have noticed from the newer croud. It is tough to give specific examples becuase I delete the stupid PM's I get. But there is a new trend developing here and I was hoping we could head it off and try to get this site back to the way it use to be. I am not saying we should run off new members. It would be nice if we could find a way to have both.

The Goat
02-23-2009, 03:40 AM
I have repeatedly stated I have the attention span of a ferret on meth... My bizzle.

I was only aware of the one z deal though... You said I was to finalize things by speaking to your wife about either shipment or me picking stuff up, I didn't take the next step,

now that I think about it, didn't we talk about the roller and i said that if I did get it it would be months from that point?

I've been after a five hundred for four or five months now, seems like everytime I go and send a pm saying I want it, something retarded comes up and eats all the money I saved for trike stuff.

For example two months ago an armadillo knocked my front bumper aloose on the left side of my car, last night a coon knocked the right side aloose, that paint and new waterguards is 800 bucks...

I'm sorry I forgot to say the deal wasn't gonna happen, but in truth I didn't realize it got past that handshakey bargaining part.

I know i can think of countless times I've been supposed to send pictures and just never got around to it... Life and all of it's issues take precedent, sometimes finding fifteen minutes to walk out to the shop is impossible.

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 04:51 AM
Um, yes. We did in fact have an agreement. I finally deleted the PM's a few days ago. I even told you that I told other people it was no longer for sale. Becuase you and I had an agreement I ruined my chances of selling it to some one else.

factoryX
02-23-2009, 06:10 AM
With me being 17 I understand that teenagers suck, most do anyway. Most teenagers act like the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro retards that you want to push down the stairs, yes some parents made them that way, the other fault is the damned teachers and there liberal ways.

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Agreed...

factoryX
02-23-2009, 06:24 AM
You should hear some of what My teachers have said during middle school, and high school. I was attacked by 2 different teachers about riding atvs and how it was destroying the enviroment. The illeagle's in school have increased by 50%. At my little brothers school caucasian was a minority at the school. The goverment pays $10,000 per year per kid. So the goverment is paying for illeagle aliens to learn english, how to read, how to write, and how to fit in with other people. Kids are not getting the education they need because they spend to much time the on kids who don't get it. So your waiting for the retard to catch up and by the time he catches up with the rest of the class, the class is bored and wants to do something else. And boredom is the reason why kids do stupid things am I wrong?

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 06:45 AM
There is a lot of truth in what you are saying. I have finally accepted the fact, that is how it is now. Conservative thoughts are now scorned and the liberal agenda has taken over. We had our time now it is theirs'. Society is always in a constant transition. Some day maybe, we will have our time again.

factoryX
02-23-2009, 07:24 AM
sooner than you think....the way he is screwing up and how every body around him is 2 years from now elections start and there will be fresh blood. It looks like palin might be running for president...I hope, I will be voting by then.

hublake
02-23-2009, 08:21 AM
With me being 17 I understand that teenagers suck, most do anyway. Most teenagers act like the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro retards that you want to push down the stairs, yes some parents made them that way, the other fault is the damned teachers and there librel ways.

If you had paid any attention to your "^$#@ liberal teachers" you could spell better. Correct spelling for your "librel" is liberal. Sociey dictates to what your so called "^%&$# teachers" can do. When I started teaching school in 1970 we were allowed to use corporal punishment. They outlawed that and it came to the point that we could do almost nothing. You couldn't say anything to them as it might hurt their "Self esteem"

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 08:33 AM
I think that is what X was saying. It gets worse in college. Teachers should not project their own political opinions on their students. I had college professors that did exactly that.

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 08:45 AM
I am not so sure all those I have had contact with as of late, are kids. Do not get me wrong, I agree most of today's youth are scum bags. But I cannot be sure if the members I am referring to are a part of that generation.

i agree with you that this youth generation suck im 19 and i have to deal with alot of crap from this generation. wish i grew up in the old days

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 08:49 AM
If you had paid any attention to your "^$#@ liberal teachers" you could spell better. Correct spelling for your "librel" is liberal. Sociey dictates to what your so called "^%&$# teachers" can do. When I started teaching school in 1970 we were allowed to use corporal punishment. They outlawed that and it came to the point that we could do almost nothing. You couldn't say anything to them as it might hurt their "Self esteem"

dont know how you can hurt there self eastiem, think it a load of crap. blame the goverment for that. like blame the parent of a 12year old letting them ride a 250r get hurt then point finger at the company not themselves. this generation sucks

atctim
02-23-2009, 09:37 AM
I think you guys are getting generation X and generation Y mixed up - the kids we are dealing with are Generation Y.......

Generation X can technically be defined as the generation following the Baby Boomers. Xers were born between 1965 and 1980, 1961 and 1981, 1964 and 1979, 1963 and 1979, 1965 and 1975 or since the mid-1960s, depending on which source you use. For practical purposes we will say that Generation X was born between 1965 and 1980.

Generation Xers were brought up on television, Atari 2600s and personal computers. They are the generation that was raised in the 1970s and 1980s, and saw this country undergo a selfish phase that they do not want to repeat.

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 09:38 AM
It does offer some hope to hear kids of this generation acknowledging there is a problem.

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 09:39 AM
then what do you think of this generation of dumba$$ kids

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I think you guys are getting generation X and generation Y mixed up - the kids we are dealing with are Generation Y.......

Generation X can technically be defined as the generation following the Baby Boomers. Xers were born between 1965 and 1980, 1961 and 1981, 1964 and 1979, 1963 and 1979, 1965 and 1975 or since the mid-1960s, depending on which source you use. For practical purposes we will say that Generation X was born between 1965 and 1980.

Generation Xers were brought up on television, Atari 2600s and personal computers. They are the generation that was raised in the 1970s and 1980s, and saw this country undergo a selfish phase that they do not want to repeat.

I will have to disagree with that last part. The me generation is the one graduating from college right now. The selfishness is far greater than it was.

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 09:41 AM
i dont really like this generation kids these days dont have much respect for anything

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I will have to disagree with that last part. The me generation is the one graduating from college right now. The selfishness is far greater than it was.

i have to agree with you

factoryX
02-23-2009, 09:46 AM
sorry I don't spell correctlly when I half awake, a problem I had while in school was spelling, I love reading(shakespeare, Arthur C. Clark, Raymond E. Fiest) but spelling has always been a problem for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
i had a had time with english because of my hearing lost, can really understand the crap they try to make you read and have a hard times sometime spelling and the teacher say it aint an excuss

factoryX
02-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Have you not seen how other teens write? Most of them can not even spell Mississippi!

brapp
02-23-2009, 10:12 AM
i dont always agree with criticisim of others because they may not spell the best or may not do things corectly but i do agree with respect if you dont have respect you dont have a person if you arent a person your not worth a damn inmy book. you are raised to respect your parents respect others and respect yourself and it doestn seem the younger crowd do this hardl at all anymore.

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 10:12 AM
that is kind of funny, imight have a hard time spelling but i can at least spell mississippi.

atc redneck
02-23-2009, 10:13 AM
i dont always agree with criticisim of others because they may not spell the best or may not do things corectly but i do agree with respect if you dont have respect you dont have a person if you arent a person your not worth a damn inmy book. you are raised to respect your parents respect others and respect yourself and it doestn seem the younger crowd do this hardl at all anymore.

true to that

factoryX
02-23-2009, 10:20 AM

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 10:23 AM
I think this thread has gotten off track.

firehart
02-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I guess that makes me a Baby Boomer. I was born in 1956.

BigGreenMachine
02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I was born in 1985. I have seen a big change in the attitudes of younger people compared to my generation of classmates when I was in school.

They see themselves as untouchable and carry on like a group of skeets doing whatever they like. Their attitudes are horrible and they can be plainly seen and heard in public.

I have been trying to sell or trade my sled for the past two weeks. I swear I have delt with so many punk teenagers in the past two weeks, its not even funny. Just yesterday I was asked to trade a 05 KTM 125SX dirtbike. Told the guy I'm holding out for cash but if I don't get it I'll trade and not to hold the bike on my account. He said fine and told me the bike is in great shape, nothing wrong.

Well I asked another friend about it and aparently it has the subframe broken off along with a warped front rim. Thats not the best of it, apparently he just got it back from the police since they think it was stolen then sold to him. The VIN is ground off the neck of it. Failed to mention any of that.

Another guy wanted to trade an 06 Polaris Predator 500. Failed to mention that he still owes the bank money on it. Only told me after I asked.

Macs
02-23-2009, 03:31 PM
I think this thread is way over do. I have pulled more away from posting threads to using PM's with the people i know and trust. I have had free deals go wrong just because a punk kid thought i was over charging him on shipping to someone cussing me out because i chose not to deal with them because of there feedback. I think some members need to learn some respect. I give away just about every part. I love to help the three wheeler community as much as possible, but i am getting sick and tired of disrespectful teenie boppers being ignorant especially when they do it to some of our great assets here. Some need to grow up.

I am done venting.

SYKO
02-23-2009, 04:24 PM
hey A hole barry! where are my super scoops for the air fooler??? lmfao!! remember that? just bustin ya chops man.... yea I have had to deal with alot of himhaws over my damn extended 250R axle if I had a dime for everyone who said they wanted it and were going to pay me in a week or so I would be a gazillionair!

Macs
02-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey syko, them things are MIA. I have no earthly idea where they could have gone. They were in the pantry, now there not.......... Damn super scoop gnomes!!!!

RedRider_AK
02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
the other fault is the damned teachers and there liberal ways.

I rofl'ed.

DAMN LIBRALS. :lol:

scott250sx
02-23-2009, 05:46 PM
barry_mann:
love this makes me laugh. i deal with these people everyday.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to there level and beat you with experience.

my .02 cents on this whole thing
i was born in 1969, was brought up to fear God, respect my elders, be kind and curtious (think thats right cant spell for crap)and help people when you can.A deal was a deal and your payed your debts no matter what. thats how im bringing up my son!
The generation i see the most problem with is the 25-30 year old kids.
guess the would be the x generation.
I run a shop of 18 guys and girls and i seems like those are the ones that dont want to work, lazy and are afraid to get dirty, they also want everything for free, and know everything cant teach them !
they ones coming out of school now dont seam to bad we have two co-ops
working for us now and are preaty good.
ok im done now

factoryX
02-23-2009, 07:26 PM
barry_mann:
love this makes me laugh. i deal with these people everyday.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to there level and beat you with experience.

my .02 cents on this whole thing
i was born in 1969, was brought up to fear God, respect my elders, be kind and curtious (think thats right cant spell for crap)and help people when you can.A deal was a deal and your payed your debts no matter what. thats how im bringing up my son!
The generation i see the most problem with is the 25-30 year old kids.
guess the would be the x generation.
I run a shop of 18 guys and girls and i seems like those are the ones that dont want to work, lazy and are afraid to get dirty, they also want everything for free, and know everything cant teach them !
they ones coming out of school now dont seam to bad we have two co-ops
working for us now and are preaty good.
ok im done now

True, teens today do not want to get there hands dirty.

ditchmud
02-23-2009, 07:43 PM
The older generation always hates the younger one. Dang whippersnappers!

scooterroo
02-23-2009, 09:27 PM
generation x'er here, born on dating says 1971!!!

kokmatt
02-23-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm a generation x'er too born in 1981. And will admit that i am guilty of asking stupid questions on some of the threads. But i do have to say that i am very glad i found this site and there has been alot of guys that have helped me out on here. its too bad that there are some people on here that take a good thing for granted, hope they don't ruin it for guys like me.

LonesomeTriZ
02-23-2009, 11:39 PM
hey A hole barry! where are my super scoops for the air fooler??? lmfao!! remember that? just bustin ya chops man.... yea I have had to deal with alot of himhaws over my damn extended 250R axle if I had a dime for everyone who said they wanted it and were going to pay me in a week or so I would be a gazillionair!

That is just one of mu complaints. I got sick of getting offers then nothing follows. I was even letting people name thier own price just so I can sell this stuff to trikers.

threewheelin-feelin
02-24-2009, 12:10 AM
i agree with all you guys i have been here at this site since 02 even tho i think my join date is in 04...but i have had many many good deals with the older memebers and the site has changed so much...and it seems the site has got alot more touchy around here with the way people act and deal with others...i remember back in the day everyone knew each othere on this site and everyone pretty much was trust worthy... i miss it

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 12:18 AM
That is just one of mu complaints. I got sick of getting offers then nothing follows. I was even letting people name thier own price just so I can sell this stuff to trikers.

I can hear your frustration, set up an Egay Store or an Egay Classified ad. You put all you "inventory" on Egay with a Fixed price--which you create and even put in a "best offer" on a part, get the prospective buyer to give you their zip code quote the shipping you can even set it up if you know the weight they can enter in thier own zip, if they like it they complete the deal---no wasted time no BullZhit, they either jump off the bridge and buy or F-it your day goes on. That way you don't have to worry about your chain getting yanked all day long by some dumbazz.
I know no one likes to pay the fees to Egay and Gaypal, you know how much the fees are add it into the price it's only a few bucks. Id rather spend a one to get 10! Just some food for thought. Also more people may find your stuff on the Bay and buy it---profits up!

I listed and bunch of stuff on craigslist and got nothing but flakes that said they wanted it--"we'll be over Friday to pick it up"--No Show, it was chit I did'nt really care about so I destroyed it and took pics, emailed the pics to the dude and told him that if he still wanted it to contact Wast Management they were the current owners now.

Just trying to help your situation a little bit. Remember breathe deep, life's to short to be twisted. Breathe deep and Chil-lax.

Racerxxx (yes I'm newer to the boards, Born in '74' taught to respect thy others)

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Forgot this, but FEEDBACK is KING.

I just did a deal with a guy on here, got my goods left him feedback, sent him a PM telling him that I left feed back and asked him to do the same if he was satisfied. Ding-Ding he did. Feedback helps us all sort the good and the bad.

LonesomeTriZ
02-24-2009, 12:31 AM
I agree with feedback. But what if the deal never happened? Should we really start a feedback thread on some one if they back out or never complete the deal?

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I agree with feedback. But what if the deal never happened? Should we really start a feedback thread on some one if they back out or never complete the deal?

It's a difficult call, but I'd say aslong as you are sure your both in agreeance to a deal, then don't hear from the guy/girl after a few PM's or posts to get a reply from them then why not hit them with a bad feedback, put links to the posts on you trying to reach them to prove you had a deal so we all can see. In the feedback forum start a sticky on sealing a deal guidelines. Then have another sticky on "deadbeat members". If you don't act like an deadbeat you won't be in the with the deadbeats. I know I strive to keep a 100% rating on eGay, I post all the rules and stipulations on my auctions, if someone doesn't like them well too trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro bad go buy someone elses chit then. That might sound rough to some but at the end of the day I don't want to hear some petty question about an item, but I still get them, and I still answer them because if that's what it takes for me to get a couple of extra bux then that what I'll do.

EX: I just sold an item on the bay on Sunday, the item was posted the previous Sunday, 1 hour before the end of the auction I got a "question"--not really a question but the person said "why do you seem concerned with the cost of shipping?" My reply was "I'm not concerned with the cost, I'm not the one paying for it." I just don't want someone bidding on it and the saying I didn't realize it was going to cost so much for the shipping! And then pull the chute on the auction! That is why I ask all prospective buyers to Email me their zip so I can get them exact shipping charges, I don't add for my time, boxes, tape and other associated BS, and I don't inflate the charges, I'll email them the price quote directly from UPS. It sounds like a bunch of extra work--it is but I don't get DEADBEAT BIDDERS!!!!!!! Just like in everyones complaints the "younger gen's don't want to work", So I work harder to make my evenings smoother when selling something online.

As for some of the younger guys on here some may be bad, some maybe good. I've only been here a few months but I picked up quickly on who I think are the good guys and who may not be, I read a chitload of posts, remember some of the names of the good, the bad and the ugly. The one young guy here I've pm'd is honda250sx--- anyone here who can read should be able to tell that everything he does, helps, etc. is all first class. I roll thru the feedback and read the posts, it's a boring read but you can learn alot about the person on the other end of the keyboard.

I just try and remember that not everyone knows what end of the hammer to hold, but they may have the same interests and need some guidence on how to fix something. I'd always get pissed whin I was a kid trying to fix something and my Dad would come up and do it in no time flat, I'd ask how'd you do that so fast?? His reply was always--Experience, you'll get it in time. My point is some of the guys here might not have the experiences that some of us had while we were growing up, I'll say that we were privaleged to have that. Once again just trying to help.

Racerxxx

LonesomeTriZ
02-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I do plan to start posting the dead beats. I just never thought about doing it as a feedback thread. That may help with that issue, but I guess the tires kickers are another. I have nothing against some one asking to see if they can afford it. But some of the attitudes I have received when "make an offer" is not good enough inexcusable.

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 10:09 AM
You'll always have tirekickers, nothing you can do there. But the feedback is good, start from now on, I say let the other past dealings gone south be water under the bridge. Give everyone a fresh start if you like, but you also have to remember that sometime there are things that are out of our control, like kids, pets, cars, etc. those things will always hold precedence to what I'll call the hobby. I have 7 mouths to feed at home (Mrs., 2 kids, a dog, fish, a bird and my own), and currently I am the sole provider with my wife being laid off, so coin is tight. If some tragedy happens at home all else is dropped--final answer my family is most important to me, so if I have to cancel out a deal so be it, if it cost me bad press on the feedback my loss and I have to deal with it but I try to be up front on my deals, I think honda250SX could vouch for that.(Looking to buy something from him but told him cash was tight and need some time to get up some money) Were all trying to struggle thru this chitty economy right now, just try to be fair to everyones situation and I think everyone will come out on top!:D

LonesomeTriZ
02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
That is not the issue. I to have had to caancel deals becuase I hit hard times. But I was man enough to work it out with the seller. I just did not leave him hanging.

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 10:54 AM
That is not the issue. I to have had to caancel deals becuase I hit hard times. But I was man enough to work it out with the seller. I just did not leave him hanging.

Agreed, it needs to be worked out not just left in limbo. Everyone needs to communicate on their end of the deal.

LonesomeTriZ
02-24-2009, 11:14 AM
If leaving feedback on deal breakers is one solution, what else can we do to keep some of the dirt bags in check?

Yamada
02-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Take the phone and call them. Peope think they are superman behind a computer. I wounldn't deal with someone for a deal over $500 without having heard his voice.

Macs
02-24-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm a generation x'er too born in 1981. And will admit that i am guilty of asking stupid questions on some of the threads. But i do have to say that i am very glad i found this site and there has been alot of guys that have helped me out on here. its too bad that there are some people on here that take a good thing for granted, hope they don't ruin it for guys like me.

There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers. I do not mind answering questions. Even if they are the simplest ones. Heck i have asked some too and after reading a response i say " DOH, i knew that ". It is when people throw in there .02 and have no idea what there talking about or people that just will not listen like are beloved James.

yyz4208@aol.com
02-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Maybe you should have to be a member on here for certain amount of time before you can post in certain sections?

The Goat
02-24-2009, 03:06 PM

True... And I'd also say the majority of generation y have very sociopathic tendencies.

Generation x is full of too many feelgooders. Oh I wasn't hugged enough, cry cry weep weep. And the baby boomers are buying into it..

Reality is that most peope have the potential for good, but the majority of the population is just as dirty and evil as every generation before and every generation to come. It's all good intentions these days.

factoryX
02-24-2009, 11:20 PM
lol that is true, there are to many suck up parents who don't realize that there time is over and that as soon as you have kids everything goes to them.

LonesomeTriZ
02-25-2009, 02:15 AM
The problems the current generations can be debated for endless hours. I was hoping we can address only one of those problems. That is how can we stop this site from going into the shitter as a result of some of the newer members?

factoryX
02-25-2009, 02:51 AM
well is there a way to fix it? Close the site off to new members? Age limit? How would you do it, because there is nothing you can really do about retards that wreck sites. The reason that this thread has gone is so many directions is that everybody that has said something either feels the same way or has similar problem... I know of a bunch of sites that have these problems, 2 of which have shut down because of how many idoit ran the site...

LonesomeTriZ
02-25-2009, 02:54 AM
That is a fate I would like to avoid. That is why I was hoping we can attack this issue before it becomes a big problem. I know there is no easy solution. But if we can focus on solving the problem and not just complaining about it, I think we can improve this site.

Howdy
02-25-2009, 06:13 AM
That is a fate I would like to avoid. That is why I was hoping we can attack this issue before it becomes a big problem. I know there is no easy solution. But if we can focus on solving the problem and not just complaining about it, I think we can improve this site.

A solution I have is to have a "Paid" classified section. Not a costly one either, maybe $2-$10 a year per user. How would this help? It would weed out some of the ones just kicking tires. Plus the site would generate a little $$ to cover hosting and such cost.

Possibly leave the current classifieds for those that want agrivation. ;)

Another option would be to have a rule that if you back out of "X" amount of deals in 12 months then you lose classified abilities. This would rely on the forum users to post up when someone fails to follow through. It would be hard to enforce properly, and I hate adding another rule. But it's an option.

Howdy

factoryX
02-25-2009, 06:40 AM
idk about that one to, we might have kids on that go mommy and mom whips out the credit card. also the other problem is that why would somebody want to pay for a site, when they could just go to another site. Some people might get affended and leave, the problem is that so people that have not been on for 4 years might show back up. I see people on here looking at threads that I have never seen post before i clicked on one and it said that he was a member since 04....

racerxxx
02-25-2009, 09:59 AM
This is just an idea but can PM's be disabled in a forum? If so disable it in the classified section, so that way all correspondance is done on the items sale page. That way when the deal goes south for what ever reason--EVERYONE can see it, you just don't know what happens in the PM's between two people, it could be something as simple as a miscommunication or a complete flake out where the dude bails on the item and no longer responds, but then we could all see it. Then mabey move the thread to a designated area for "Deadbeat Deals Gone Awry". I know I would read those threads, if nothing for a laugh!:lol:

Perhaps a set of "guide lines" on how the deals goes.

1. See post, post reply about item(ask how much, and how much to ship it to said zip code)

2. Seller responds (XYZ is $50 dollars, shipping is $10.30 via UPS)(also include how you got the price--Ups.com, Zip From, Zip to, weight, dimension size and all other options to determine that price. You can even cut and paste directly from UPS.com into the post to see all that info) That's how I do all my Ebay auctions, it's a bit more work(not hard) but it's all up front, I'm not hiding anything to my seller--HONESTY!(it also allows the buyer to check the shipping himself, I don't inflate the shipping rate, I hate nothing more than being told shipping is $10.00 and when the package arrives I see the USPS tag and the shipping is $3.60. Make the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro change and put it in the box, I do. If you didn't charge enough for the part, remember that next time and do it the right way.)

3. Buyer responds yes/no that sounds like a good/bad deal. If good, you have 1 week to pay for said item,(leave time for a mailed money order) after 1 week seller posts are you still interested?? Buyer needs to reply, no reply Seller posts again the next day, do that 3 days in a row no response-- That guy goes right into "Deadbeat Feedback" and Thread goes to "Deadbeat Deals Gone Awry". If you don't like the price try to work out a lower price for the item, but thats up to the seller, if no one agrees the the deal is done--no feedback left, no harm done, no bad mouthing each other--mutual deal breaker. Remember leave everything in your correspondance, "Hey I mailed the money order on 2/25/09 you should see it in a few days, if not post that you have not received it, and when you received it post that too. It's all about COMMUNICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't lie or BS you only have a week unless the Buyer/seller agreed to something else.

4.If everyone is in agreeance proceed with the deal, transaction is completed, both parties leave feedback for each other.Win-Win.

5. If you make it into the "Deadbeat Feedback" 3 times you can't buy here, it is up to both parties to check up on each other in both the Feedback and Deabeat threads, if you don't and you get burned "shame on you!" If the buyer sees your bad at following thru on deals or your a slow payer, make excuses then he/she has the right to not sell to you! No Flaming the seller, if your caught flaming then your account is suspended for a while.

I don't know if this makes any sense but this could be molded any way to possibly put something into play. I know some of it may sound harsh but reality is harsh, MAN UP! Be responsible. Like my first line says this is just an IDEA, I accept constructive critisism, I am not a moderator of any forum but just a dude with some thoughts, trying to get a means to an end. Can't we all just get along?:lol:

Racerxxx

brapp
02-25-2009, 10:05 AM
the easiest way i can think of is do a feedback rating on everyones profiles liek ebay has. it woudl help alot of people avoid the deadbeats and what not.

racerxxx
02-25-2009, 10:05 AM
A solution I have is to have a "Paid" classified section. Not a costly one either, maybe $2-$10 a year per user. How would this help? It would weed out some of the ones just kicking tires. Plus the site would generate a little $$ to cover hosting and such cost.

Possibly leave the current classifieds for those that want agrivation. ;)

Another option would be to have a rule that if you back out of "X" amount of deals in 12 months then you lose classified abilities. This would rely on the forum users to post up when someone fails to follow through. It would be hard to enforce properly, and I hate adding another rule. But it's an option.

Howdy

If it were to go to a paid classified section, allow everyone to look but not post unless you sign in with a valid paid account, that way you know they are already sort of commited. But if someone were to PM the user out side the classified section about an item inside the classified section how would that be handled?

max
02-25-2009, 01:47 PM
The problems the current generations can be debated for endless hours. I was hoping we can address only one of those problems. That is how can we stop this site from going into the shitter as a result of some of the newer members?

Stop it by quit dealing with them. Sounds like you have had some bad dealings which stinks bud.

If you have had bad deals, or deals that didnt go through, leave the feedback. Dont deal with anyone you dont know.

Your making this seem harder than it really is.

Read my first sentence!!

Macs
02-25-2009, 01:48 PM
It looks as if we have another rip off happening

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=93945

The Goat
02-25-2009, 05:02 PM
How did he buy something weeks ago? Check his join date.

Also, if it is a substantial amount of money, why not get a deposit? Chances are if im buying or selling, I do a deposit straight off the start. I got burned initially by too many members who said they would hold parts for a day or two until I sent them money... Guess what, they sold anyways. What if I had been paying with a MO?

There is no deal until money exchanges hands. All this talk about generation y leads me to point out thatyhose who crossed me were 30, 31, 38, and 40+ repectively. In every situation but one there was no money exchanged... In one of those situations I sent a fivehundred dollar retainer and was still undercut before I could pick it up. Ps... These members were here a long while and still are active participants. Only bad blood with one for damged parts.

racerxxx
02-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Did a little leg work, I think there is some mistaken Identity.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=93726&page=2

Or am I wrong??

Vealmonkey
02-25-2009, 05:23 PM
This is what I don't get with all this bellyaching. If people are having so many bad deals, why is it been so top secret?
As far as no pm's in the classifieds section, WHY? I might get 10 or more pm's from someone trying to get parts or making sure they get the right parts or that they want more parts or they may want to wheel and deal or offer up some trades. Why would I want everyone to see that or why should everyone see that???? For example, there was a classified ad posted back in December and that person and I have probably writtne 15 or more pm's each way about the deal. Those pm's really are nobodys business by mine and the sellers. We have come to an amicable agreement. No one on here needs to see that. If someone on here busts a deal, then call them out. A couple people have done, not many though. And if you made a bad deal and the cat won't honor the deal or doesn't want to make good on the deal-BAN THEM!
Simple as that. Let them plead it out with the mods later. Life happens sometimes. People also have made deals with minors on here. Set the minimum age at 18. At least at 18, contracts are binding. If you have just made a bad decision on your part though, shame on you. Some people on here don't really care about the rusty crap they own or send. All my parts are the best I have. If they are a little less than perfect, it was because that was the only thing available and it is pretty rare even in crappy decison. Ask anyone that I"ve dealt with. I've sent people NOS parts for nothing. If I don't like you, I just won't deal with you. And I've had great dealings with the people on here that I"ve dealt with. I've sent people parts that I were no longer using on my trikes and people have been very happy. People know my parts are used up front. I always include pictures and descriptions. I often send people parts before receiving any money. That way they know what shipping is and I only charge what I pay. I wouldn't do it if I didn't trust them. I've never been ripped off either. People need to be more conscious of what they do. It isn't entirely the other persons fault. Not everyone deals like I do and I try to remember that first and foremost. I've taken payments on parts and once again, wouldn't do it if I didn't trust them wether they have had previous deals or not. And if I work out a payment deal with another member on here, no one else on here needs to see that in any PM's cause it's no one elses' business. Quit bitching. Be more careful of who you buy from or sell to. If I had a bad deal with someone, I would happily post it. But luckily I guess I never have. There are some changes that are overdue around here. There are people on this board that have tens of thousands of dollars invested in there hobby and you know what, they are really cautious of who they deal with. And I'm glad they are. One or 2 I've had dealings with and have been very happy and I believe they were happy also. I try to make things right if someone isn't happy. I've even bargained back and forth on final prices befroe. Just part of making deals. I've dealt with edog before and was very happy, in buying and selling parts. No problem here. I just have a hard time understanding why certain people have so many problems and it doesn't come out really until this post.

fabiodriven
02-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Just my personal experiences with buying on here.

I really can't complain. I've bought numerous parts through this site, the first time the seller actually sent the parts out before I ever paid him. Deal went great.

One time a part got lost in the mail. It never showed up. Eventually the seller sent me back $50. I only gave him $30, but he insisted for my inconvienience. I tried to tell him to just send me $30, but he wouldn't do it any other way.

Once I bought a part from Australia and it seemed to be taking a while. I wasn't too worried, so I sent the seller a PM and it turns out he had completely forgotten about the sale. He sent it out the next day and I actually just got it today.

I bought a part recently that could've been described a bit better and/or packaged a bit better. There was a little damage that was either not addressed before the sale, or happened on it's way here. The packing was sub-par. I take partial responsability. The seller just posted something about maybe selling the part and immediately I decided I needed it no questions asked. I made him an offer and he said maybe, so I upped the offer until he said yes. I am happy with the part, but slightly dissapointed with the seller. Basically I wouldn't sell something to somebody with any surprises and I would expect the same from other people.

Billy Golightly
02-25-2009, 06:05 PM
These threads really always just piss me off, so I try my best to stay away from them. If someone has a problem with a specific member whether buyer or seller on the forum they need to be addressed individually, and not lumped in to be "the new members". I think theres some good advice on how to better approach person to person transactions on the forum from a common sense stand point. I only have to add, that when dealing with people, hope for the best, but prepare for and expect the worst. Any other attitude is simply naive.

The Goat
02-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Sometimes they are kept top secret merely to avoid situations like this one here...

I myself apologize for anyone I've inconvenieced through negligence, should they contact me via PMs at this point, I'm sure we could come to an amicable solution.

Billy, don't suppose I could get something under my name expressing that I have the attention of a four year old who ate a pound of sugar?

Unless I'm constantly reminded of things I forget about them...too many things going on. Those who have heard my voicemail can attest to that.

One good thing about this thread is that it reminded me I owe captain ron a few bucks....honestly never would have remembered if this thread hadn't had me racking my brain for past deals.

brapp
02-25-2009, 07:24 PM
hye goat whats your phone number i now wanna hear your voicemail lol

The Goat
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
you know I almost posted it up here, then I remembered, it's prolly better if only a few people have it.

brapp
02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
i was just beign a smart trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro$ lol

The Goat
02-25-2009, 08:11 PM
well now you're a smart ass with my phone #

ship me a 15# burger from denny's....I'm hungry.

racerxxx
02-25-2009, 09:31 PM
These threads really always just piss me off, so I try my best to stay away from them. If someone has a problem with a specific member whether buyer or seller on the forum they need to be addressed individually, and not lumped in to be "the new members". I think theres some good advice on how to better approach person to person transactions on the forum from a common sense stand point. I only have to add, that when dealing with people, hope for the best, but prepare for and expect the worst. Any other attitude is simply naive.

Hey BG,

Lesson learned on my part (next time I'm staying out of a thread like this),I wasn't trying to set rules in stone, just throwing out some "ideas". The one transaction I had here so far was soomth as silk, I'm a grown man and if I get screwed on money or a part, that's my problem and I'd leave bad feedback on the seller or buyer.

Vealmonkey,

I agree with you too, I was just throwing "ideas" around, hope I didn't upset anyone. Only been here a few months and I love the site, found alot of useful info and other cool trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. I don't wanna get das boot from the site. I guess in some strange way I'm very glad you said what you said, I could have said that as well but didn't because I thought I might get trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro by some senior members. If you read some of my earlier posts on this thread we deal in sort of the same way--fairness and honesty to make a good deal. From this point on I'm stayin' clear of other people's deals or dealings, and I'll leave +/- feedback when necessary. I'm takin my .02 back!

LonesomeTriZ
02-26-2009, 12:07 AM
I have stopped ealing with new members. I brought up this thread because I have had conversations with other members that feel the same way I do. Again, it is not just broken deals. It is the general attitude that most (not all) of the newer mmembers have.

Vealmonkey
02-26-2009, 12:19 AM
If you feel that it's that bad, then you and a couple friends get together and "thumbs down" thier posts. You were given the power to do that, feel free to exercise it.

LonesomeTriZ
02-26-2009, 12:54 AM
I do, but no one else does appearently. So there for, I would agree they have no right to complain.

factoryX
02-26-2009, 07:15 AM
so he is supposed to go through every single post that ticks him off, and click a "Thumbs Down"?

LonesomeTriZ
02-26-2009, 07:39 AM
I am not really sure how the thumb thing is suppose to make a difference.

factoryX
02-26-2009, 08:12 AM
lol, what was the whole point of having moderators?

LonesomeTriZ
02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
I guess it does not really matter. This thread turned into a bash the young-uns thread and that was not my intentions. I was hoping we could come up with some solutions to keep this site as good as it was. But...

SYKO
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
the problem with the thumbs down thing is that most members that exorcise it have allready left or barely come here any more, so of course no one is going to use it, I hardly even read most posts any more.

LonesomeTriZ
02-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I agree. It is not as much fun just to serf around and read the current threads.

factoryX
02-26-2009, 09:18 AM
lol it depends on the title, it is always help help help, when there is a search bar at the top of the page...Like if it said different type of tiger 250 found I would read it in a instant, if it was help I blew my motor up but it still turns over...get the point...

SYKO
02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
if its about a 250R I will check it out, no reason to help someone with something else that I dont or will never have or give some useless info. I check out those posts and posts from members that have been here awile more then the newer posts from newer members.

The Goat
02-26-2009, 10:47 AM
I find myself clicking thumbs up on relevant posts that ignorant people feel the need to thumbs down...

brapp
02-26-2009, 11:02 AM
silly goat ther eis no dennys anywhere around here i think the closest one is 2 hours away lol

RID3R
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
I find myself clicking thumbs up on relevant posts that ignorant people feel the need to thumbs down...

I do the same thing.. I was waiting to see if anyone else would say. I see posts thumbed down and I cant think of any reason why.

Mosh
02-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Earlier on, I commented on the younger generation going to hell.
I still feel that way,but I guess I took your thread out of context.

So let me add.

The lack of Fun "like the old days" Cant really be controlled.
Many of the older members have lost interest, moved on or what not.

I still see that general society attitude has changed.

People are really quick to start talking down to someone.

Some people that try to help, go about it in the wrong way, with a sarcastic post.

Alot more lately, since the economy has turned sour.
It seems as though, as times are getting tougher, politeness is slipping away.

Many get offended, and go on the defense, by firing back with a huge offense.
Life is too short for me to get worked up about anything anymore.

As far as deal breaking on here....I am out $400 bucks and a engine right now...:w00t:

Do I give a crap about that anymore.....

NO!:lol:

Bottom line, I met some great people.Had some great times and made some great friends..And had some people on here hook me up HUGE!
So it hasn't all been a loss.
I have their phone numbers,and can always get ahold of them, for more good times.

The Goat
02-26-2009, 09:53 PM
silly goat ther eis no dennys anywhere around here i think the closest one is 2 hours away lol

Silly brapp! Dennys beer barrel pub, right over yonder in... Clearville maybe? Just barfood but I like any place with a 15 pound burger on the menu.

LonesomeTriZ
02-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Earlier on, I commented on the younger generation going to hell.
I still feel that way,but I guess I took your thread out of context.

So let me add.

The lack of Fun "like the old days" Cant really be controlled.
Many of the older members have lost interest, moved on or what not.

I still see that general society attitude has changed.

People are really quick to start talking down to someone.

Some people that try to help, go about it in the wrong way, with a sarcastic post.

Alot more lately, since the economy has turned sour.
It seems as though, as times are getting tougher, politeness is slipping away.

Many get offended, and go on the defense, by firing back with a huge offense.
Life is too short for me to get worked up about anything anymore.

As far as deal breaking on here....I am out $400 bucks and a engine right now...:w00t:

Do I give a crap about that anymore.....

NO!:lol:

Bottom line, I met some great people.Had some great times and made some great friends..And had some people on here hook me up HUGE!
So it hasn't all been a loss.
I have their phone numbers,and can always get ahold of them, for more good times.

No worries. Your contribution to this thread brought up a good point. I just did not want to see this turn into a bash the kids thread. I see what you are saying though. However, I do think communication is key. If you break deal don't just say hey dude, never mind. I think the seller at least deserves an explanation.

4Q2
02-28-2009, 05:58 PM
I must admit moshman most of the time Im the guy arguing exactly what your saying with my younger son about all the younger punks in our hood. I was just being objective but I agree with respect getting lost in time, I think i just came across wordy, ( to prove your point :lol: ) Sorry

What me and the new younger crowd need to remember is that without the older gen. this sight prolly woudnt be here, and prolly should be a lil more responsible with there riding habits and remarks if they eventually wamt to be handed the torch and be taken seriously in life

LonesomeTriZ
03-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Amen. I do not think I could have said it any better.

jrwebb8324
02-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I am a new member to this website, have only been here for a couple days but love what i have been seeing on here so for. I just hope that the older members on here are not turning up their nose on the new members and giving everyone a fair chance at least until they screw up the first time, then they are on their own.

2Tim215
02-14-2010, 08:40 PM
My opinion is that accountability is the key issue. Whether trading, buying, or selling anything! Age is somewhat a factor as this world has changed for the worse, especially since 1963 when the Bible was banned from our schools. No morals taught today, anything goes! The days of, "Leave it to Beaver" and, "Father Knows Best" are gone! (That probably gives a hint at my age.) Parents hold the key to what their children learn and have to accept some of the blame when their children fail at things they weren't corrected in. Sadly I have been wronged by all age groups but I am concerned for our nations youth. Hopefully we will see some positive Feedback for some of the younger ones to help balance things out. I have bought and sold Mini-Bikes, ATV's, ATC's, Go-Carts, etc. for many years and have followed different forums for quite a while. Although I haven't posted a lot, I read and have learned quite a bit. One of the best points Posted here is the Feedback. I would encourage everyone to Post Feedback if you have dealt with a member here whether for good or bad. I know the Feedback will certainly help me decide who to buy from or avoid. Good thread! I hope the younger ones who do get involved will be encouraged and understand how some of the older ones feel, it may help get them away from all the garbage being fed to them on TV. Buy a Trike, be careful, get out and have some fun!

tulsamike3434
02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Speaking My join date is wrong on this forum how do I get that fixed?

tulsamike3434
02-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Bump read above.

Thorpe
02-15-2010, 04:37 PM
As a generation X kinda young guy, (born in 1980, 29 yr old, married, with kids, and a pile of work ethic) I would agree that there are alot of "loads" in that generalization of a generation. But in our defense, haven't there been a quantity of "loads" in every generation? I personally think it may have to do with growing up and becoming more aware of the problematic people we are talking about in this thread. I was raised with morals and a concience, where your word and a handshake was better than a legal document. I would credit my parents for that up bringing, and will credit myself and my wife as my children will be brought up the same way. I dislike the generalization of "todays youth" being nothing but crap, and think that each person will create their own reputation for themselves... I think having a respect for others should be given, unless reason is given to take that respect away. Maybe it has to due with being potty trained at gun point (kidding) I just think its kinda crappy to generalize the youth of today, the "kids" on this forum in the form it seems this post has taken. I remember trying to figure out how to use this forum, and trying to soak in the great quantities of information to be had here. I think everyone needs to sit back, and crack another beer, and relax for the good of our common intrest... Hopefully people will step up and fufill their deals... Which reminds me, I owe JohnnysX a few pics of a zinger throttle! (just my 2 cents)

yt125man
02-16-2010, 02:55 AM
i agree with you lonesome, i am a newer member (early december 09) and if i make a deal with someone i would never raise the price over what it costs and try to help people out. if a deal is made then that should stay like that, and not ssell out from someone

Tri-Z 250
02-16-2010, 02:41 PM
The old Dog needs to lead the young pups to the hunt...sure the young pup is all amped up ready to run. The pup just has no idea in which direction to run and how to find the sent. If the old dog lets the young pup lead...and gets lost. Well it's the old dogs fault he should have known better. CASH frist, ALWAYS...no History means deal with them tightly. Don't trade what your not willing to loose if you ship items without $...I don't care what kind of History you have. Mosh has a motor story that if it was me....Well lets just say...the non-payer would be walking with a perminate limp with a missing finger. Thats the kind of Guy I am...I trust NO ONE and believe me EVERYONE is touchable leagally or not. So why do people make deals that have no intention on paying? The recorse to resolving a deal under $1000 isn't worth it to run through the courts. So the mind set of these so called newbies is if they can get away with it they will...they steal from Mommies purse not thinking that the $money stolen is part of the food or heat bill. Are you going to track down a $25 deal gone bad? How about $500? Lonesome your a nice guy and when people are asking you to post pics....Thats not a trans action or a deal. Might I suggest taking pics and setting up the Classified ad before you post EVERYTHING FOR SALE. Make it straight forward give each item a # and price and work with a shipping link to figure pricing with the weights you already have. Take a picture, weigh the item, box it and lable it ready ship. Some of your sales are quite frankly odd....here's a heep of machines for sale in my back yard...don't PM me I'm out of the country. Here's a picture of my shed...I'm selling almost complete Z's...but I haven't sorted through all the crap...so let me know what you want. I asked for some forks in usable straight condition, the pictured items from 20' away still showed pitted rusty tubes, definatly not what I was looking for.Lonesome get orginized, be overly itemed informed for each sale. Don't let this become an issue for the lady of the house....this is your collection and I'm sure like my wife feels, it's a bunch of junk. Just as an example I make the worlds best chille....you want some? Problem is I have to open the cans of beans, cook the meat, it's winter so I have no fresh veggies. I'll need to run to the store(thats gas money lost). I can take a pic of all the stuff next to the pot but it's not really ready, I can get it ready just let me know if you want a cup,bowl,or the hole pot?...So if your gonna post these sales all over be ready for some tire kickers and theives to come. Best way to avoid a situation is to start from the end and work backwards to the begining. Prepare the sale, have items ship ready, post sale get CASH, then ship. If you say thats alot of work to go through just to off some parts cause I NEED the money NOW! Well your being lazy and setting yourself up for these emotions your feeling right now. Look sometimes people are just crooked and feel the need to ALWAYS be on top, or have to get the good end of the deal. Some others are just glad to recieve a small peice of the pie, and are happy with that. FEEDBACK is key but not the end all be all to a persons true nature.

gus
01-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Wow I guess new members get reemed lol. I em a new memeber but I always stand on my word no matter what. All a man has is his word and that means alot to me. But that's just my 2 cents

atc007
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Welcome Gus!! Stand to what you just said,,and all we be GOOD !!

pantera1975
01-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Ahh yes...Generation X...

These kids were never taught,to have to answer for their actions.
When they were a Inconvience to Mommy And Daddy, The parents just threw them money to get them out of their hair.
Most never had to work for anything, or were taught to keep their word to gain something..
Most of the parents were so busy working, to live the life of keeping up with the Jones', that these kids grew up as latch key kids..Coming home to no parental guidance, and learning their "values" from YO MTV Raps and crap like that on TV.

We can thank Sally Jeese Rapheal, and Ophra,and the like for coming on TV in the late 80's and 90's saying..."dont spank your kids"....."Use Positive Correction"

I agree with " spare the rod, spoil the child " Mindset..

There are a few that were taught well.But not many!

I cant wait to see what the next generation will be like..Yippie.:lol:

So true. Just think this new generation is gona be the ones that have to remember to give us our pills when were are in nursing homes. SCARY!!

ceaserthethird
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM
O man so true, I heard tons of story's about why they have to back out of the Deal. Some are adults not just teenagers ! I get asked for tons of pictures & some want mint parts for penny's ! If you want a mint part that's discontinued your going PAY some coin weather u buy from me or someone else. Not only that you give them a fair reasonable price and they offer you half with shipping included. These are adult members on here. Excuses I heard them all from children being in the Hospital to my Dad said he doesn't want to pay that much, wife didn't let me, I got a flat tire you Name it I heard it....

Here's a example of a buyer wanting to buy a decal kit, first contact - Me- Here's a pic of the decal kit $65 shipped. Buyer - OK do you have PayPal, Me - yes send to Ceaser*******, Buyer Ok not home right i will let u know when i can send it, Me - sounds good, no payment or contact for 4 days, Me - Any luck sending the payment for the decal kit?, Buyer - Sorry had an issue w my account. Will have to be after the weekend. If u got another interested buyr i understand, Me - no problem
I can wait 4 more days, Me - no response for 7 days, Me - any luck with payment?, Buyer - I gotta make sure its in there before i can commit. Have a few items ending on ebay. Only 50 avail now, Me- o I see I can wait couple days more., 1 week later... Me - still want the decal kit ?, Buyer - Thanks for getting back w me, sorry on my end. I want them if i keep it, have guy wanting to do a trade deal, i cant invest 65 into graphics if i were to do that. I'd gamble 50.00 on the deal. I think u wouldnt have any trouble selling them for more but id do 50.00 and take my chances.... Me - never responded again.

My for sale ads have been high jacked, by other members wanting to share some thought on why I shouldn't part out a trike, why not send me a PM or give me a call...

I love this site, I hope us members can treat each other with more respect!

Sorry had to vent some... ;)

ceaserthethird
01-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I must Say a lot of young one's & adult's come through when given the chance, Even new members with 10 post!
We have more good apples than bad that's for sure. Let the trike gods bless us with peace & love :)

Dam I love this site o and the .ORG site too, I'm in it for life.... Ring ding ding ding!

We are like Brothers here !

Brockey
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
I must Say a lot of young one's & adult's come through when given the chance, Even new members with 10 post!
We have more good apples than bad that's for sure. Let the trike gods bless us with peace & love :)

Dam I love this site o and the .ORG site too, I'm in it for life.... Ring ding ding ding!

We are like Brothers here !

So true bud! Got my mounts too. :)
I just joined a website for my car. Well.... What a rude bunch over there. I figure I may keep looking for another Integra forum.
This site and the people that use it can always be counted on. Give advice, help with finding something, arrange payments and use respect. As long as a new member can respect others they should fit into the family here. 3WW for life here too!

ATC-Eric
01-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Its going to be interesting to see what forums like this are like in another 10-20 years! It will be crazy to be a 20 year veteran to a website! lol. Ive been here almost 10. And it doesnt matter what trike site it is, we are all brothers. We need to stick together, theres not enough of us out there to fight with eachother.

Texaskev
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Just as in everything else in life, the idiots come and go. There will always be another to replace the one that left. I have been here about a year and a half, and I can see who is true blue and who is not. Sometimes you just have roll with the flow. It all worksd out in the end.

350XJEDI
01-07-2012, 03:16 AM
:DI just read this whole thread,i have not made many deals on here , but tend to agree with vealmonkey , there are some good and bad in every site ,I have tried to help sometimes,sometimes my sense of humer gets the best of me, I love 3 wheeling , I always enjoy the threads by some of the older members veal,casey ,shortline ect, i have never started a thead becouse i can almost always find the answers to my ? by searching old threads .. oh by the way born 1964 ,got respect beat into me the hard way lets give the new members a chance they can at least be amusing!!!:crazy::cool:

GoObYdOo
01-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Unfortunately its just the name of the game with boards etc...people come and go,the more good guys who join just means that there are going to be a few bad ones mixed in.

I for one am not one of the bad ones thats for sure,27 years old,been in fabrication since i was 17-18 years old,was in the 82nd Airborne for 3 years and I dont put up with any BS.Im just here for the ride,to enjoy the comradery of folks with the same interest,and learn some stuff.The good guys usually stand out right off the bat and are the first to welcome new guys like myself and offer any help.

Ive been around the block a few times,but Im not gonna sweat it if someone brushes me off because Im a newb!

Mosh
01-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Guess why they say, "if you wanna ruin your organization, increase your membership."

I just went back and did a reread of this whole thread some 2+ years later. This is the best damn quote I have heard in awahile.

Specifically,it rings very true in quite a few real world/non interent based institutions or groups I have seen dissolve or split as of late.

An internet example:
I stumbled across a internet forum last week. 2 million members. Holy cow, what a cesspool of septic tank slurry that place is.
That is another reason why I dont have a FB account. I used to try excessively hard to gain "internet approval" or attention from message boards. Finally someone showed me, that will never happen with a large percentage of "internet enthusiasts." So I dont let alot of things bother me anymore.

That idea, coupled with my years of internet usage has basically made me be able to spot a true "enthusiast" pretty quickly. The rest I ignore.

mohadib
03-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Old thread is old, I know. Sorry. But it has to be said. Your generation raised the Xers. So you only have yourselves to thank =)

(it's 4 am and I cant sleep. Reading every thread...)

atc300r
03-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Im new hear and I like it so far. Im a member on a couple other sites as well.Iv been into threewheelers since 1983.I have several trikes mostly 250r my personal favorite.But the bad apples are everywhere.And Face Book theres alot of people that live on that forum . I know people that put there every move on there ( Who cares if your on the crapper) .But I love the atc,threewheeler sites.And I like helping new to trike rides with there tech problems.

TimSr
03-09-2012, 07:11 PM
I just went back and did a reread of this whole thread some 2+ years later. This is the best damn quote I have heard in awahile.

Specifically,it rings very true in quite a few real world/non interent based institutions or groups I have seen dissolve or split as of late.

An internet example:
I stumbled across a internet forum last week. 2 million members. Holy cow, what a cesspool of septic tank slurry that place is.
That is another reason why I dont have a FB account. I used to try excessively hard to gain "internet approval" or attention from message boards. Finally someone showed me, that will never happen with a large percentage of "internet enthusiasts." So I dont let alot of things bother me anymore.

That idea, coupled with my years of internet usage has basically made me be able to spot a true "enthusiast" pretty quickly. The rest I ignore.

............Dittos!