PDA

View Full Version : I am getting irritated

Orangecnty250r
02-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Got your attention:D ...not with anyone here

OK this is the open forum so this has nothing to do with wheelers....

WTF they are even narrowing the roll of toilet paper!!!
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081110/BIZ/811100306

I am getting so irritated with deceptive packaging.

I noticed I was going thru deodarant faster....found an old one in the cabinet......same EXACT size reduced 15 % inside.

Last night I opened my second box of chocolate eclair ice creams that have bald spots of crunchies...thought something was wrong with the first box. The actual bars are getting smaller as well....but reducing the crunchies :banned: bet the owner of that company kept a stock of the old bars in his freezer.

Bags of chips are all air.

They say its to keep the cost of the item down but I am noticing smaller packaging AND higher prices...

I just had to vent !!!we are being taken advantage of .....

What else have you guys seen this with??????

I am just refusing to pay for the non essentials at this point....based on the principle here.

I guess I still have to buy the toilet paper :lol:

Orangecnty250r
02-22-2009, 11:00 AM
OK why are my posts having the spaces between lines....kind of like the air in the potato chip bag

Howdy
02-22-2009, 11:18 AM
OK why are my posts having the spaces between lines....kind of like the air in the potato chip bag
If you hit the enter key 1-2 times after every sentance then you will have spaces between lines. At least it does it for me.
Howdy

tanks350x
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
In my oppinion, the reason for the higher prices is because of the fuel prices. When the price of diesel was up to $4 and change a gallon, the grocery stores had to raise the price of things to accomodate for the fuel costs. It's just something we have to deal with

Daddio
02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Last year I noticed the boxes of icecream going from 1.75 quarts to 1.5 quarts and the price stayed the same. It made me wonder if the boxes were 2 quarts to begin with. Bastards .

Orangecnty250r
02-22-2009, 11:41 AM
In my oppinion, the reason for the higher prices is because of the fuel prices. When the price of diesel was up to $4 and change a gallon, the grocery stores had to raise the price of things to accomodate for the fuel costs. It's just something we have to deal with

Then fuel prices went down and the price increases got real STICKY. I also beleive its something we dont have to deal with when it comes to non essentials.

seadoo650
02-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Just the other day at the gas station. I see a bottle of coke for .99. I think wow, usually convenience stores were at $1.49 and now they're back down to .99 cool. Then I noticed it was for a 16 oz. bottle not the normal 20 oz. bottle. I think that "they" think we don't notice but I'm takin' notes.....I'm takin' notes.

Mosh
02-22-2009, 11:48 AM
And why the hell does a box of cereal, Cost 4 friggin dollars..
Even the Grape nuts things..No sugar, no color, no prizes,just grain chunks...
And that 4 dollar box is smaller than the BIG box of Fruit loops for the same price...

And what about this propane heat crap.

3 bucks a gallon..A fee for this,a fee for that...The driver had to take a dump, fee.

and my personal favorite......

When IN the hell did trash companies start limiting pick up to 4 bags???

What the hell?

Oh well, at least a 5th of Jack......
Is still a 5th of Jack..:lol:

Howdy
02-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh well, at least a 5th of Jack......
Is still a 5th of Jack..:lol:

Not so fast on that one either. Read the label completely and you will see it's now been diluted. They started doing this a few years ago. It's not the same Jack we grew up on. Cost more, get less and take it in the back side.

Ain't life great!!
Howdy

brapp
02-22-2009, 12:23 PM
i even noticed the beer cans got smaller for soem manufacturers.

ditchmud
02-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Stop buying their products, then maybe they will get the hint! Boycot!

Dirtcrasher
02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I got 12 hot dogs for 1.49$

8 buns were 3.19$ :rolleyes:

Since when is beef cheaper than flour/sugar and water??

English muffins are 2.49 a pack...

Whats the deal with BREAD PRODUCTS!!

DeePa
02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
hot dogs arent all beef LOL

4Q2
02-22-2009, 08:37 PM
I think the buns cost more cus theres more nutritional value :eek:

Ive been thinking for a couple years now that they have been skimpimg on the tuna in the cans of tuna fish, i remember you could make a couple nice sandwiches from 1 can, not any more.

That sucks about your crunchie sprinkles, what a drag

Yamada
02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
hot dogs arent all beef LOL

Soybeans price goes up and down like petrol...:lol:

300rman
02-23-2009, 01:04 AM
is a quart of ice cream a quart BEFORE or AFTER freezing? j/w

The Goat
02-23-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm starting coupon clipping... We get free newspapers at school, why not?

Most of the stuff I buy has been the same price. Beer has gone up... And fat free hot dogs.

Loaf of bread is still a buck, I bargain shop though. And buy in bulk if the time is right.

RedRider_AK
02-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Buying in bulk is the way to go, if you have a way to keep the stuff from spoiling. Nothing like driving home with a 1000-pack of ramen noodles that you just bought for a handful of change and some pocket lint at your local Costco...

brapp
02-23-2009, 06:54 PM
i dunno abotu you but my meet shopign has gone torugh the roof have you seen the price of ammunition lately!!!!!!!

300rman
02-24-2009, 01:54 AM
i dunno abotu you but my meet shopign has gone torugh the roof have you seen the price of ammunition lately!!!!!!!

yes :(

dang length requirement

aldochina
02-24-2009, 02:12 AM
a 10 dollar bill will no longer buy me a six pack of sam adams!!un@#%$ing believable!

Kintore
02-24-2009, 08:59 AM
a 10 dollar bill will no longer buy me a six pack of sam adams!!un@#%$ing believable!

HA try buying a 24 of bud light for 44.50!

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I got 12 hot dogs for 1.49$

8 buns were 3.19$ :rolleyes:

Since when is beef cheaper than flour/sugar and water??

English muffins are 2.49 a pack...

Whats the deal with BREAD PRODUCTS!!

DC,

I put labels on food, dairy, drugs and cosumer goods for a living, I've been inside all the factories, take bread for instance, there is a huge oven that bakes the bread, rolls etc. it comes down and splits into several packaging lines, guess what there are different bags on each one of the lines, and they all end up on your grocers shelf at different dollar amounts. Do the squeeze test if it's soft and cheap buy it. The dame 3 dollar rolls are the same as the store brand 1.50 rolls. I use to support my "local" bakery then I found out that they baked for all these other companies--screw that I'll keep my 1.50 in my wallet. Milk is the same exact way.

rdlsz24
02-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Just the other day at the gas station. I see a bottle of coke for .99. I think wow, usually convenience stores were at $1.49 and now they're back down to .99 cool. Then I noticed it was for a 16 oz. bottle not the normal 20 oz. bottle. I think that "they" think we don't notice but I'm takin' notes.....I'm takin' notes.

I noticed the price of 20 ouncers went up myself. I love to get a Mt. Dew Code Red as a treat every so often. Don't normally drink pop. At the grocery store the other day a 2-liter of Code Red was $1.25! Better off buying more ounces for less.

Rob

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 10:49 AM
HA try buying a 24 of bud light for 44.50!

Kintore,

Bud isn't worth 44.50 :beer

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Check your bottled foods as well, there is a concave area in the bottom, same outer diameter but the concave bottom keeps getting higher and higher, bottoms use to be flat--look at your peanut butter jars!!!!!

Tri-Z 250
02-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Got your attention:D ...not with anyone here

OK this is the open forum so this has nothing to do with wheelers....

WTF they are even narrowing the roll of toilet paper!!!
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081110/BIZ/811100306

I am getting so irritated with deceptive packaging.

Mc Donalds boasts profit gains in down turn economy....Larger Ice cubes, small boxes, buns and the whole line of products has come down in size...with a hey look were 10% more healthy:lol:

hadar
02-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Mc Donalds boasts profit gains in down turn economy....Larger Ice cubes, small boxes, buns and the whole line of products has come down in size...with a hey look were 10% more healthy:lol:

That is so true.:lol:

ProCarbine2k1
02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I know we've had the ethanol debate more than once, but throwing ethanol in our fuel without choice really gets to me. Ohio is one of the few states that doesnt regulate ethanol content in gas. I wanted to argue that one myself, but all the stations around here have taken the 10% ethanol content signs down. Poor fuel economy, and still paying out the butt for it... as corn prices will continue to rise... There was an independent fuel test completed by a local marina (they couldnt figure out what was wrong with a new boat), ethanol content of 22% that the engine couldnt properly function on.

Howdy
02-25-2009, 01:30 AM
I noticed the price of 20 ouncers went up myself. I love to get a Mt. Dew Code Red as a treat every so often. Don't normally drink pop. At the grocery store the other day a 2-liter of Code Red was $1.25! Better off buying more ounces for less.

Rob

Seen 20oz bottles for $1.69. I go to Dollar general and can buy 2 liters of Dr Peper for $1.15 each. 3+ times as much for $.54 less. ;)
Howdy

The Goat
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm applying for food stamps this Friday.

I'm SICK of seeing people go in and spend 400 dollars on groceries and then pull out an LA purchase card. As a college student you van get food stamps, but las one I tried I was told I make too much money... More like I was the wrong race. Found out after that if you're a student and you make under 2 grand a month you don't even have ton present any bills, you're approved. I wasn't even making half that at the time... Andni was rejected.

My thing is, I actually have a job, I drop 250 bucks a month on fuel, 100 for utilities and I pay 2000 a year in fees and supplies for school. Notnto mention the 100 bucks a month for the student loan I got. Add all that together and I get by on a very small amount of money each month...

I've not purchased orange juice or milk for a long time just so I can save a little change... I had the good sense to collect a ton of vodka back in the day so at least I don't have to buy alcohol.

good newsnis that thebprice of milk is down to 3$

racerxxx
02-25-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm applying for food stamps this Friday.

I'm SICK of seeing people go in and spend 400 dollars on groceries and then pull out an LA purchase card. As a college student you van get food stamps, but las one I tried I was told I make too much money... More like I was the wrong race. Found out after that if you're a student and you make under 2 grand a month you don't even have ton present any bills, you're approved. I wasn't even making half that at the time... Andni was rejected.

My thing is, I actually have a job, I drop 250 bucks a month on fuel, 100 for utilities and I pay 2000 a year in fees and supplies for school. Notnto mention the 100 bucks a month for the student loan I got. Add all that together and I get by on a very small amount of money each month...

I've not purchased orange juice or milk for a long time just so I can save a little change... I had the good sense to collect a ton of vodka back in the day so at least I don't have to buy alcohol.

good newsnis that thebprice of milk is down to 3$

God bless you, if it's there use it if it helps ya! I've seen people in gov't subsadised housing pull out in nicer cars than I ever had! Work hard, pay more!

The Goat
02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Tomorrow morning I get to watch that incredibly racist video and apply again... Bribing in fuel receipts for a month, tuition bills, checks, utilities, phone, everything I can.

If I get denied again I will be going through the appeals process and I will be forcing them to recognize that the persons working there are catering to their own race. I could easily live on 120$ bucks a month worth of food.

Hell as fat as I am I could prolly skip the first three months of eating. Lol

It's just annoying that as a student I am instantly eligible, yet I have to apply... Because I'm white.

I'm not one for pointing out racism towards myself, I usually laugh, but this is ridiculous.

1BFC
02-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Stop buying their products, then maybe they will get the hint!

That won't work.... They'll just get a "bail out" from King Obama.

I'm not joking.

scooterroo
02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
I am just refusing to pay for the non essentials at this point....based on the principle here.

I guess I still have to buy the toilet paper :lol:

lol, theres still mother natures t.p. --- leaves or ferns, lol, ahahahaha. and its free!

4Q2
02-27-2009, 11:36 AM
For reasons I wont get into, my mother has just gone through a battle of negative misfortunes pretty much losing just about all she had, we went through all the procedures like they told us, for everything like s.s. and health, food, rent deductions, . After a year and a half of living in a spare room in my basement she is now living in a nice clean secure building for elderly only. She got to keep her cat too:) She gets enough live on from s.s. and other aids for her situation.

Im not boasting im just saying that there is at least 1 nice old American white lady that is benefiting off the system. Keep it up Goat youll get in there. After my mother qualified for food stamps she called the electric company and found out that her being on 1 govt. aid like food stamps put her in a dif. bracket and she now gets reduced electric.( 1/2 the cost !!) that might work for you too since your a student :wondering

It took 16 months of waiting for a living space for my mother, she started going down to the center at least once a week and asking around, they got her a place in 2 months because of her persisting nagging. :lol:

The Goat
02-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I am once again.... Under review. My bills easily wiped out all but 30 bucks this month (okay I may have planned it that way) and yet I'm under review. It's bull.

Back to eating dollar wheat bread and turkey sammiches