PDA

View Full Version : My plan to SIGNIFCANTLY cut national debt in this country in <5 years, with ONE ACT!

Billy Golightly
02-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I just had this idea on the way home this afternoon in the truck, I think its absolutely ingenious. The only problem is, the greenies would probably never let it happen.

Does anyone know which entity, owns the most land, in this country? Any guesses?

Its the Feds, good ole Uncle Same himself! No one really knows for sure how much land the Feds own in national parks, preserves and other such nonsense, but the estimates are at least 670 MILLION ACRES that has practically NOTHING done with it!

Lets say that each one of these acres holds a value of $1,000.

That is approximately 6.7 TRILLION DOLLARS in assets.

We've got about $10 trillion in national debt at the moment.

If Uncle Sam put a forsale sign on HALF the acreage it owns right now today, there would be a very plausible and feasible chance to generate $3 TRILLION+ with no additional bureaucracy, no loans from foreigners, no hyper-inflation from printing money, no ridiculous taxes, NOTHING. Hell, if you want to REALLY get into seeing some benefits, let the Feds OWNER FINANCE THIS LAND! We're already financing to the banks and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, hell lets owner finance some fed property to people they can maybe do something with. Interest generation from something of this scale would be absolutely massive. Another several billion atleast would be my guess. It'd also cut down on another MASSIVE expense, and that's the oversight/upkeep of these properties with park rangers and the like...

Is this is a completely asinine idea, or is there a little bit of genius behind it?

Howdy
02-22-2009, 07:42 PM
I agree some land should or could be sold, how ever I do think there is some that needs to remain off limits. I am sure developers would destroy Rocky Mountain national park, YellowStone, ect. Billy I really need to take you west to see some of the places.

Places I think need sold off: The Crib ( former White House ), heck all of capital hill should be sold off. Oh wait these have already been sold off to special intrest groups already. My Bad!!
Howdy

firehart
02-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I think Billy would be speechless if he saw some of the natural beauty we have here out west. I'd hate to have it sold off to developers. I'm not opposed to paying user fees if the money actually went to a good cause.

honda250sx
02-22-2009, 08:00 PM
agreed firehart. If you have even witnessed yellowstone and other great beauties of the west you might change your mind.

firehart
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
I think Billy would be speechless if he saw some of the natural beauty we have here out west. I'd hate to have it sold off to developers. I'm not opposed to paying user fees if the money actually went to a good cause.

For example, I can go 15 miles south of my house and have free access to hundreds of miles of desert trails that lead all over Southern Idaho and Northern Nevada. I can go about 50 miles northeast and have the same amount of forest trails. To the east I have access to free sand areas.

The Goat
02-23-2009, 04:08 AM
I think you can still buy huge land plots from the gov in Texas and new mexico.... Prolly other places too.

300k for 1000 acres is what I remember and that wasn't bad.

I love the swamp... And I hate when I see it logged or anything happen to it. When we cut would we only grab downed trees... Those that fall naturally.

I like your idea, but... Some places are really too sacred to develop.

factoryX
02-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Well is it not one of the reasons for the usa to be in debt? From over spending and over producing house's, malls, parks, etc...

brapp
02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
why not just sll alaska lol

factoryX
02-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Then where are we supposed to get the next deadliest catch season?

RedRider_AK
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Then where are we supposed to get the next deadliest catch season?

The Great Salt Lake? :wondering

rdlsz24
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Meanwhile, Phil and the Cornelia Marie are back at Dutch Harbor unloading their latest cargo lol. I love that show.

Rob

brapp
02-23-2009, 06:57 PM
i ahve anothe rway to fix the national dept do away with welfare and allthat crap work for your keep.

factoryX
02-23-2009, 07:24 PM
lol that would fix it in a week.

killerklown
02-23-2009, 09:18 PM
I could imagine Mt Rushmore being sold to our Saudi oil friends, I wonder if they would ad anyone too it??? yikes!

Howdy
02-23-2009, 11:00 PM
I could imagine Mt Rushmore being sold to our Saudi oil friends, I wonder if they would ad anyone too it??? yikes!

Hmm, and change the name to: Mt Oilwell?

On that note, our Saudi oil friends would buy Alaska in a heart beat!!

Howdy

Daddio
02-23-2009, 11:34 PM
If they don't buy it the Chinese probably will.

They may already own it as far as we know.

jason 32
02-24-2009, 01:05 AM
id like to know how the feds can own what belongs to GOD,who gave them the right, our ppl fought the wars to keep it, but the last thing we need is to sell more of America

ppl get off there asses and work for a living there will be money flowing, but we cant work if the feds keep sending our factories overseas!
they wouldnt be building it any cheaper than us if we got busy,and had a lil love for our own again

Billy Golightly
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I didn't exactly intend for foreign entities and people to buy the land, but moreso domestic corporations and people that could somewhat develop it and do something with it that would benefit us HERE and possibly generate some additional revenue in addition to just the sales pirces.

Mosh
02-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Unless I am mistaken,China or Japan, already owns most of Yellowstone National park. At least I remember hearing that a number of years ago.

They also own Stouffers,The Hotel and food chain.

http://bills-no-spin-zone.blogspot.com/2007/11/who-owns-yellowstone-park.html