PDA

View Full Version : Vibratory tumbling

honda250sx
02-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Anyone using a vibratory tumbler to clean up parts? Looking at purchasing one and wanted some feedback. Didnt see much on the caswell and eastwood forums I belong to.

Bryan Raffa
02-22-2009, 10:14 PM
thats what dyno port uses to polish there pipes:naughty:

Bryan Raffa
02-22-2009, 10:16 PM
thats what dyno port uses to polish there pipes:naughty:

honda250sx
02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Well after they are ceramic coated, yes. That is what they use to bring the shine out. I have seen it in person. My roomate in college works there as a machinist. His name is Marty.

Anyhow I'd love to get one and try it out.

racerxxx
02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Well after they are ceramic coated, yes. That is what they use to bring the shine out. I have seen it in person. My roomate in college works there as a machinist. His name is Marty.

Anyhow I'd love to get one and try it out.

Eastwood and Harbor Taint sells them, we us a large Roysn tumbler (for aluminum before we send out for anal-dize, they're made one town over from me) and a smaller one (not sure what brand, looks like the eastwood/HF style but bought probably 30+ years ago) for small stainless pieces to debur at my father in laws machine shop. The small tumbler works nice on the small stainless pieces puts a nice finish on them, there are several different media's to use in them depending on what type of finish you want. Try looking at the H.A.M.B. message boards (Half A-- Message Board), theres is alot of sheet metal and street rod guys there, mabey get you some real world answers.

tri-Z ripper
02-24-2009, 07:53 PM
i have looked into them myself seems to be a good alternative to those who cant use sandblasting whenever possible.

cybrman
02-24-2009, 10:26 PM
I use the cheapie one from Harbor Freight, It does a pretty good job.
I am so anal that I will use the wire wheel and/or blast a part too before putting them in. I have found that using it alone just isn't enough for some of the rougher parts. It does a good job at polishing the parts for a nice smooth finish before painting or powder coating. I've thought about getting a 50 gallon drum and making a nice big one and throwing frames and all kinds of stuff in it. Sure would beat the tedious job of de-rusting old machines with a wire wheel.

brapp
02-24-2009, 10:57 PM
i ahve asmall one for bullet casings before reloading

300rman
02-25-2009, 01:49 AM
anal-dize,

:lol: :lol: :lol: you mean anodizing?

racerxxx
02-26-2009, 10:42 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: you mean anodizing?

Yes I do mean anodizing but we jokingly call it Anal-Dize at the shop, just a little potty humor.:naughty: