PDA

View Full Version : Hey Colorado Im comin! Who snowboards?

ATC-Eric
02-23-2009, 12:06 AM
So a car or 2 full are heading towards the Denver area March 7, 8, and 9th for a little snowboarding. :w00t:

We have not bought our lift tickets just yet, or choosen a hotel to stay at just yet. We will be purchasing all that crap within the next couple of days.

Anyways, if anybody in the area snowboards/skis, or wants to come grab a beer hit me up and Ill shot you my number. :beer

Kintore
02-23-2009, 10:19 AM
OH MAN!

That would be a sick trip!

Dammit Eric, why did you have to plan this when im on vacation!

OH wait, im not 21 in the states to buy it.... Crap

hinddee29
02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
I lived in Colorado Springs for 3 years when I was in the Army what a great state.
I wish I still lived out there. I didn't find out till I got back or I would checked it out.
If you guys can find the time go check out Estes Park. Here is a link.

www.estesnet.com Check out the Stanley Hotel

This is where they made The Shining at. Guess there a lot to do up there.

Or you could go a little south and drive up Pikes Peak.

Either way I would like to warn you don't just go out and be crazy. Adjust yourself
to the altitude this can and will make you sick. Drink lots of water and sun screen. Yes you can get burn in the winter.
Maybe you been there before and know this, but I didn't when I first got there and wished I did.

Either way it will be a great trip man I wish I could make it back there. I'd leave today if I could.

aldochina
02-23-2009, 11:19 AM
too bad I'm in new york

ATC-Eric
02-23-2009, 12:49 PM
OH MAN!

That would be a sick trip!

Dammit Eric, why did you have to plan this when im on vacation!

OH wait, im not 21 in the states to buy it.... Crap

I thinks you needs to be hopin a plane to denver! Theres 4 people comeing in my car, one of them is getting dropped off in Denver (she used to live there, just hitching a ride to hang out for the weekend with old friends. So Ill pick you up on my way through!

So theres space if you can do it dude!

I lived in Colorado Springs for 3 years when I was in the Army what a great state.
I wish I still lived out there. I didn't find out till I got back or I would checked it out.
If you guys can find the time go check out Estes Park. Here is a link.

www.estesnet.com Check out the Stanley Hotel

This is where they made The Shining at. Guess there a lot to do up there.

Or you could go a little south and drive up Pikes Peak.

Either way I would like to warn you don't just go out and be crazy. Adjust yourself
to the altitude this can and will make you sick. Drink lots of water and sun screen. Yes you can get burn in the winter.
Maybe you been there before and know this, but I didn't when I first got there and wished I did.

Either way it will be a great trip man I wish I could make it back there. I'd leave today if I could.

Thanks for the scenery suggestions. We're playing this one tight, leav Friday be back Monday, so I dont know what sort of free time we're gonna have. Im going to want to be on the mountain as much as possible!

With the altitude adjustment, we used to run an extra day to get used to it, but like I said we're cutting it to close to waste a day.

Josh you got first dibs on a spot in my car if you want!