PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a suzuki LT250R quadracer.

storm_impulse
02-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey fellas, I havent posted here for awhile. I was into the trikes untill I sold out. Anyways, I went and seen a old friend and bought a LT250R quad racer. Its was his. The last time I rode it was back in 1994. I couldn't believe he still had it. I also picked up a 93 yz 125 while I was there. One more thing, I also picked up a yamaha trimoto 125 that is in great shape besides I need a carborator.

I will post some more after working on them. later.

skippy
02-27-2009, 10:24 AM
want a new durablue axle? what year is it?

Tri-Z 250
02-27-2009, 10:44 AM
LT 250R... I really liked the power those motors put out...The frame geo and handeling were unique to the bike forsure. I think the Quadracer line is a bit of a classic in a way they were inovating a new sport at the time. There were just a ton sold so collectiblity is low now but parts should be available all over. I always liked the look and colors after they went with the blue seat.

storm_impulse
03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I finally got started on it. Its a 1988 model. It has the K model engine. We went ahead and installed the tranny just to make sure everything is there. I need a crank which I am buying. It also needs a new sleeve and piston. The frame needs some bushings and a few other things.

I am trying to get some pictures. That durablue would be nice. please pm me.

skippy
03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
i dont thk the axle will work, its an 85-86 only i thk???

jason85atc250r
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
they all interchange you just need the rite spline hubs to match it.

sblt500r
03-11-2009, 11:02 PM
the 85-87 use the same splined hub, 88-92 use the same.

storm_impulse
06-15-2009, 11:26 PM
So far nothing has really happened. I took everything apart and cleaned it really well. I am wanting to buy a new crank and top end but from what I have been told, As much as I am going to pay for a new crank, I could just buy a new bottom end. I am wanting to start on this thing bad but finding the right parts is a pain in the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

I broke out the old ATC 250r today just to look at it. Thats another project I would like to start also. The quadracer is my main priority right now.

86tecater
06-16-2009, 11:08 AM
i had one a few years back that had a pipe ported bored and a K&N and i could smoke my buddy on his predator 500. These quads are a blast i hope you like it.

storm_impulse
06-18-2009, 09:25 PM
I rode this exact one about 5 to 10 years ago. Being way younger then it felt really fast, but from what I read to this day, there still banshee killers in there own respect. I doubt this one would kill a banshee unless I had the top end reworked and maybe a bigger carb. Right now I am trying to find a bottom end or a good crank.

It does have a old 80's model FMF header. Thing looks like a antique.

kokmatt
06-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I got two pt pipes for the lt if your interested.

SWIGIN
06-20-2009, 07:37 AM
I rode this exact one about 5 to 10 years ago. Being way younger then it felt really fast, but from what I read to this day, there still banshee killers in there own respect. I doubt this one would kill a banshee unless I had the top end reworked and maybe a bigger carb. Right now I am trying to find a bottom end or a good crank.

It does have a old 80's model FMF header. Thing looks like a antique.

my 89 q racer was stock except for a 39mm pwk carb when i got it and set up like that i pulled 2nd off the line at my first MX race.

and i never got beat by a banshee on that quad in the 90s.

that FMF pipe might be like the one i ran later on.....worked real well for me..... got pics of it?