PDA

View Full Version : thanks AMERICA! keep it coming please...

killerklown
02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
When it rains it pours....
I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Capital Oon, concerning the tough economic environment. They wanted to let me know times are tough. And to show their appreciation for me keeping my account current, never having an overcharge, or a single late payment, they are changing my APR for me from 8% to over 17%. Thanks guys!!! What's the problem with our economy?
I called and asked a few questions, with no results. I then let the man have a peice of my mind. I got several "thank you's" and "sorry's" and a "have a nice day"!
I'm on the verge of just giving up. We are out of work (construction), girlfriend is breathing down my throat about not finding a new job already, and now seems like I'm getting screwed over at least every other week by fricken someone!
I guess this is my reward for trying to do the right thing.
I suppose I need to have like 10 kids, collect all the GOV assistance and perks for that, quit my job for good, and live it up like some of the losers I know...
HAVE A NICE DAY!!

ATC-Eric
02-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Sorry to hear that mr. klown. Times are rough, but there are people out there hireing, it just takes a lot more to find a job right now.

Can you college unemployment? You know thats money that you've put into the system incase of a situation like this. You dont get much, but its better then nothing to help with bills while you search for something new.

And as far as capital one, Id cut that sucker up and tell them where they can stick it!

brapp
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
i have never collected un employment never asked for assistance and if i cant afford food then i shoot it or catch it! you gotta look positive and take lif eone day at a time and deal with it. ther eis no perks for beign responsible.

scooterroo
02-27-2009, 08:58 AM
trust me i see it every friggin day with the friggin welfare recipients. i do property maintenance for an apartment community, what used to be a "luxury" apartment community. till the owners found out about all the friggin tax breaks they will get if they opened some of the apartments for section 8 fair housing. aka ... welfare recipients. let me tell you, some of these friggin people live better then i do, i make over 17 dollars an hour. some people just know how to play the system better then others. we have one lady who is 22, has a kid, supposedly is supposed to be in the process of a divorce with her husband, so she gets her what would cost any other normal human being, 1400 dollar apartment, for a measily 80 bucks a month. ok. well here is the kicker, her friggin husband still lives with her, works for friggin ups making well over 20 bucks an hour. i see this sh!t every friggin day, and does nothing but burn me. they drive better vehicles then i do, live better then i do, and its all handed to them by the government. ridiculous!!! and people wonder why our country is in the state it is. let these people, that are perfectly capable of going out and getting a job, and making a life for themselves, sponge off you, me, and every other hard working american they can. and what burns me even more is some of these friggin people arent even citizens of this country. im not a prejudice person at all, i have all colors and races in my family, and love them all the same, but come on, when a friggin foriegners, muslim, mexicans, etc, can just come to this country and live for free, that sh!t burns me!!! yeah your right, this country is screwed, just as we are!

hinddee29
02-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I agree this is getting out of hand. I may go off topic a bit, but I make the point.
First there is nothing wrong with collecting unemployment and being put on welfare. Only if these people really need the help to get back on there feet. That's what it's there for. So I have no problems with people that really need the help
and get back on there feet and move on. Thing is a lot of people just don't move on. I think there should be some kind of time frame you have to get help. It's not there to support your ass for the rest of your life.

I lost my job as well construction so I don't know if it's till spring of forever. So trying to find a job everyday and nothing. Comes down to the jobs that are around here you must have a degree well I don't, but I'm going to be getting free schooling. From the service connected disability from my time in the Army.
I am awarded free education since my disability effects my job.
So does this make me one of those people living off the system?
I make to much on unemployment to get any help.

How about this guy he is in the Guard. Just got off activation. His unit was deployed, but him and a couple others got to stay behind and run thing here.
Well you get titled a 10 or 32. A 10 means fed. orders and a 32 is State orders.
This guy was the only title 32 in his unit. Which means he loss most of the bennies from the gov. and they crap all over you.
Anyway the other guys when let go got the papers they need to start unemployment if they need to. Well he has to wait 1 to 2 months before he gets his paper. Can't go back to the job he had because it isn't there anymore. Wife lost here job. so a family of 4 is left with nothing. Sorry to bad is pretty much what
the gov. has told them. They did just end up with some food stamps, and some other help. Now these people is what the program is for. People with nothing do to no fault of there own.
This pisses me off how many other military families are in this same boat, and the gov doesn't seem like they want to help them!! Most of the reason for him is because he didn't go over seas. He went in 91. Who care the guys next to him didn't either and are getting better treatment. Why aren't they being treated the same!!!

Sorry your being treated like this your not in it alone. This country is being divided
and it's just a matter of time before the pot boils over. All I can say is just be ready.

dizasterzrfun69
02-27-2009, 11:17 PM
it sure is sad how the lazy, ignorant, low lifes get more perks then the hard working americans who keep this country going. I think america is too nice to people nowadays. And on top of that we have the problem of common sense NOT being so common anymore. I know its off topic but dammit peoples ignorance is driving me nuts lately. The government needs to send the illegal aliens back where they came from and keep them out. They also need to pay attention to who is getting welfare and living off the system. Just like scooter said, half these idiots get "discounts" AND they get food stamps, welfare, PLUS child support, whatever, while they have an "ex" living with them making money at their job also contributing to their "family". Why should all the lazy people who have only ever worked at McDonalds be able to live a financially better life than the people who have worked hard their entire life? They shouldnt, but that goes back to the 2nd and 3rd sentence in my post. The government doesnt have the common sense to QUIT giving out money and IF they do have the common sense to quit, they wont because that wouldnt be fair to the single moms, etc. If anything the government is ENCOURAGING people to be ignorant.

My brother in law was talking to me the other night about the geneva convention and how much bullslit it is. While he is over there in iraq or afghanistan getting shot at, he has a set of rules he has to follow. The afghan's dont have a "set of rules" or a "geneva convention", they can do whatever they want to the soldiers. Now isnt it common sense that if you are in a WARZONE there shouldnt be "rules"?? I mean after all we are Killing each other at the end of the day.
Stupid stuff like this drives me crazy everyday.

If you dont want hit by a car, dont walk in the middle of the road.

If you dont want shot, dont break into my house.

If you dont want to be a single teenage mother, dont have sex when your 15.

If you dont want a speeding ticket, dont speed.

etc.... Well maybe im just rambling now...

fabiodriven
02-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Jesus Christ! Every one of these posts is so long that I didn't read any of them. You guys must be seriously bored.

I was going to read Brapp's because it was the shortest, but I couldn't figure out what he was typing.

cody2
02-28-2009, 12:20 AM
When it rains it pours....
I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Capital Oon, concerning the tough economic environment. They wanted to let me know times are tough. And to show their appreciation for me keeping my account current, never having an overcharge, or a single late payment, they are changing my APR for me from 8% to over 17%. Thanks guys!!! What's the problem with our economy?
I called and asked a few questions, with no results. I then let the man have a peice of my mind. I got several "thank you's" and "sorry's" and a "have a nice day"!
I'm on the verge of just giving up. We are out of work (construction), girlfriend is breathing down my throat about not finding a new job already, and now seems like I'm getting screwed over at least every other week by fricken someone!
I guess this is my reward for trying to do the right thing.
I suppose I need to have like 10 kids, collect all the GOV assistance and perks for that, quit my job for good, and live it up like some of the losers I know...
HAVE A NICE DAY!!

Whats the world coming to when teen mothers with 3 or 4 little trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro kids can pull in more then the hard working people of our society? Reward the lazy and useless, punish the useful, everyone's always out to get the working class. I think I am gonna go make some babies myself and quit working all together, live the good life. :mad: