PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever ride in Moab? Pics inside

NINJA
03-05-2009, 04:18 AM
So my wife and I did the Gemini Bridges trail and Bull Canyon yesterday on the Wolverine 450s. Sorry I didn't use the R but I'm not finished with it yet. Besides, where we were going we needed 4x4s. It was an awesome day to ride, about 55 degrees and partial sun. Gemini Bridges trail is a piece of cake and we averaged about 42mph on it the whole way. These Wolverines are pretty capable quads I just wish they had a low range. They certainly are a lot faster than those gay Honda Rancher 420s we rode last year and handle much better too.

It's pretty awesome living in the offroad mecca of the U.S. So anyone else ever ride in Moab?

chris200x
03-05-2009, 05:22 AM
WoW!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

LonesomeTriZ
03-05-2009, 05:30 AM
That would be a nice place to live. Are they hiring any cops out that way?

Daddio
03-05-2009, 08:47 AM
I love southern Utah. I've spent a lot of time camping in the area between Mexican hat and Bluff.:w00t:

Kintore
03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Thats awesome! Average of 42 jeez you guys are really clippin along!

ScottZJ
03-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I have been there twice. Once riding mountain bikes and the other with my Jeep and it is truely one of Gods awesome creations!

firehart
03-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I've been through there in late July. 100 degrees at 8 in the morning. I'd love to go there in April.

NINJA
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I love southern Utah. I've spent a lot of time camping in the area between Mexican hat and Bluff.:w00t:

I hear ya Daddio. I used to spend alot of time in the four corners area back in my MMI days.

NINJA
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
That would be a nice place to live. Are they hiring any cops out that way?

I don't know, you'd have to check, but my guess is they probably are. One of my friends just retired from the force here.

LonesomeTriZ
03-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Thanks, I will look into it. I could handle spending my off time out there.

dajeepman
12-19-2009, 01:32 PM
I always wanted to take my XJ out there... just don't see my self driving my rig out there to break a axle shaft or drive shaft or any other part and not get back to Texas.. I don't have a tow rig right now.

The Goat
12-24-2009, 11:55 AM
lol yeah i road out there, briefly, with you. Then my dog almost died.

You don't like the 420s? The fuel injected 420 with a gear reduction is an animal. Then again, terrain.

I really wanna come back there and do a road ride going from town to town on the back country roads.

harryredtrike
12-26-2009, 01:41 AM
looks like a sweet ride.i hate you.cold and wet here.

The Goat
12-26-2009, 06:15 PM
it's none to warm in moab right now average high is mid 20s...that's nippy

NINJA
12-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Yeah, what we're experiencing here lately is not normal weather for Moab at all. Yes Cade, I hate the Honda 420s. They are a POS compared to a Wolverine, just ask the rental companies here in town. Also, your dog almost died because you brought him along on a Rhino on Poison Spider Mesa in the middle of summer, that is not my fault in any way shape or form. BTW you are welcome to come out and ride with me here again whenever you like.

aldochina
01-05-2010, 01:44 AM
"you brought him along on a Rhino on Poison Spider Mesa in the middle of summer, that is not my fault in any way shape or form."
lmao!! real jealous man. I was talking with my brother the other day about what the closest place like that to ny would be. I have been dreaming since i was a kid of just riding for miles and miles on just that terrain. Too much invested to up and leave now, but someday i want to move out that way.( hopefully im still healthy enough to ride!!) lol.

NINJA
01-05-2010, 02:39 AM
Well, you could always come down and visit. I've been known to hook people up with a machine to ride while they're here, on the house. Just ask Cade. Hell, I even share my beer!

The Goat
01-05-2010, 08:27 PM
He shared one beer! lol.

I didn't have any cash at that point and we were using the lil lady's card. I figured in utah a two party alcohol sale would be frowned upon.

I've been thinking about heading back out there. utah and Wyoming are two of the most beautiful places on earth if you ask me.

NINJA
01-06-2010, 01:46 AM
He shared one beer! lol.

Like hell! Cade's memory was apparently affected by said "one beer". I wasn't trying to keep track or anything but I'm pretty sure you drank half of them. LOL

aldochina
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
I may take you up on that someday!! Dont be surprised!! I'll definately bring the party goods if you provide a ride. lol. I would love to bring the mountain bike too.

The Goat
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Okay, okay, it was one beer in the yellow can. And one beer out of a bottle, but I had to run outsid ewith the dog as soon as I got that one. I got it, but didn't drink it. lol

I'm talking to the little lady about heading out that way again in the summer.

I'll bootleg like a mother for ya.