PDA

View Full Version : Polaris trailboss HELP!!!

BLAZERONE22
07-13-2003, 05:56 PM
I just picked up a 95 trailboss, what can you guys tell me about them, Mines acting like its starving for fuel, I drained the tank down and installed a new filter, The old one was not plugged installed a new plug still no change, a couple vent hoses were melted so I replaced those. any Ideas????

YTZ250#1
07-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Sounds like you have a pluged jet.Tear the carb off and make sure the jets are cleaned good.

Wickedfinger
07-15-2003, 02:43 PM
yeah, I would clean the crap out of the carb and go from there ....... on second thought, make sure the tank cap vent is working too - I had a similar problem on both my 200S and my '82R and both times the tank cap vent was either clogged or had went bad.

BLAZERONE22
07-19-2003, 12:47 AM
Okay, I pulled the snorkel off and fired it up and it runs fine zips around normal. there nothing in the snorkel to plug it up. do you guys think theres still something in the jet and should check it or maybe something else. I put in a new air cleaner. and I also cleaned the prefilter. Hmmm

YTZ250#1
07-19-2003, 09:48 AM
If I'm understanding you than it runs fine when you bypass the fiter,but when you hook it back up it wont run rite.if so than yes clean the carb
it sounds like you have a mixture prob.(air fuel ratio)

BLAZERONE22
07-19-2003, 10:03 AM
all I'm by bypassing is a snorkel, its clean and no obstructions. I might clean the carb today, there's just a bunch of stuff that needs to come out to do it.

Wickedfinger
07-20-2003, 11:49 PM
....be carefull running that pinger with out that snorkle on - Polaris 2-strokes a notorious for blowtorching the piston because of this. For some reason on them it really opens up the airflow and will lean it out. I had this happen to me on my 400L.