PDA

View Full Version : Maier old finish fenders

Dynofox
07-13-2003, 09:48 PM
I might be getting some of the older maier fenders and I was wondering how decals stick to the rough finish?

Ace Mon
07-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Dont sweat it they stick just fine ,well untill you get the pressure washer too close .

Wickedfinger
07-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Ive been using them for years in my various restorations and I have to say, Most OEM stickers dont stay very well .... as a matter of fact, they dont even stay on OEM plastic either!!. Lately I've been using "Sticker On" but with only maginally better results. Professional grade, laser cut, vinyl transfers seem to work the best - I usually will get a set of "generic" (i.e. "Honda with Wing" or Yamaha" etc. ) transfers from Dennis Kirk, they work really well.

TimSr
07-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Ive got old style Maiers on my R, and havent noticed any difference as far as plastics, but the stickers themselves sure do vary.

Dynofox
07-21-2003, 05:09 PM
I had some tri z decals made up and they should be here some time this week. I'll let you guys know how they work.

mike from long island
07-21-2003, 08:53 PM
here are old style fenders with new stickers from ebay you saw them in persont to at trikefest

Dynofox
07-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Mike I do rememeber your fenders looking nice at trikefest. I couldn't remember if your decals were the factory ones or aftermarkets. It's funny I remember hearing a lot of bad things about the older maier fenders not looking good, but to be honest I really like the way mine look. I don't think the dull finish looks bad at all personaly.

mike from long island
07-22-2003, 05:52 PM
same here i think the bike lloks fine i really wanted oem fenders but they dont sell them anymore. so i bought the maier ones and now have seen quite a few rear oem fenders on ebay. for about the same price as the maier ones. go figure. you keeping your Z black still? later

Dynofox
07-22-2003, 11:02 PM
I ended up turning my Z into the white and red 86 colors. I found a guy on e-bay selling new in the bag maier old fishish fenders so I picked up a set of white fenders for $114 shipped! I thought that was a pretty damn good deal. Here's a pic so far of the bike, my decals should be here soon along with some other goodies I bought. :D