PDA

View Full Version : LAN Card Is Unplugged Automatically

Gracey
03-10-2009, 03:44 AM
Hello,
My Inbuilt LAN Card Is Unplugged Automatically. If The PC Shut Down For 1 Or 2 Hours Then It Will Connect Automatically, I Don't Understand Y It Is Happening. Please Help Me On This.?

Thanks

Daddio
03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Hello,
My Inbuilt LAN Card Is Unplugged Automatically. If The PC Shut Down For 1 Or 2 Hours Then It Will Connect Automatically, I Don't Understand Y It Is Happening. Please Help Me On This.?

Thanks

:welcome: Welcome to 3WW. This is a great place for getting info and help with a threewheeler but it may not be the best place for computer help. Then again you may get lucky and find someone who can help. Good luck!

Erics350x
03-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

MonroeMike
03-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I would guess it's entering power saving mode, prevents card power drain. Important if your using a laptop, not on AC power, saves the battery.

In XP, check power options or pcmcia options in the control panel, should be able to adjust in there. If not, it may be a CMOS option. It may be called wake-on-lan (WOL).

MyMistress86R
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM
^^^ I second that. Classic symptoms of power saving settings.

300rman
03-11-2009, 01:57 AM
it was doing that on my sisters laptop.....the motherboard was trash.....and the thing was brand new.....

try drivers, and other reinstalling of things like the OS, or do a sytem restore.....if no remedy, prolly the network adapter or the mobo itself.

Webby Alisha
03-31-2009, 01:56 AM
Hello,

Thanks

Could be any of many things.. It could be a hardware failure, a driver failure, operating system issue, or other things. You can start with the easiest solution and work your way up. Start by reinstalling the driver, then try starting up in SafeMode, then reinstall OS, and if not then buy a new NIC.

atctim
03-31-2009, 08:19 AM
LAN cards are cheap and frequently go bad (I see it in my job daily).

Go buy a new one for $12 - and avoid all future headaches.