PDA

View Full Version : ty175

jason 32
03-10-2009, 04:27 AM
hi anyone like these? any info on them? i have one but traded it to a friend,and am wondering if i should get it back off him lol
what do they run like?

Vealmonkey
03-10-2009, 04:29 AM
They aren't fast, but they were a yamaha trials bike. They are light and experienced riders could ride the front tire right up the trunk of a tree and do all sorts of neat tricks. They are very desirable to have. This should be posted in the bikersville section.

jason 32
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM
sorry im a bone head sometimes lol i meant yt the trike

Vealmonkey
03-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Well, a yt175 is a fun trike. Only made 2 years, 82 and 83. A little odd looking compared to an atc110 or atc185. Their design makes them somewhat of a wheelie machine. They are 2 stroke, so any 2 stroke mods you can do to them like port and polish. You can find aftermarket parts, but it's a little tougher. Exhausts, Rear suspension kits and some other bits and pieces are available, but it takes alot of looking. You can still get some of the parts either at the dealer or on ebay. Not much parts support for aftermarket fendes, and nos fenders are really tough to find. The front suspension works fairly decent and it is alot better than no front suspension. You can swap several different motorcycle engines or parts if you want kickstart and manual shift with clutch instead of semi auto shift. A fun trike overall. Sorry about the ty moving the thread to bikersville. But accuracy of what you have will be able to have people help you better in the future. And your best thing to buy is a shop manual, they are invaluable in helping you rebuild your trike and not overtightening your parts on reassembly. Most people don't realize they are tightening nuts and bolts into aluminum and mess up sometimes. It's repairable, but not a good practice. Best of luck with your yt trike.

old-yellow
03-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Veal summed it up, but I wish there was a sticky with all the information about Trimoto's for all the people that pick one up and need help or just want to know what there about, you could including modifications, interchangeable parts between 125 and 175 Trimoto's and aftermarket parts in the sticky, but maybe I am the only one that thinks we need a sticky about this.:lol:

Alex

jason 32
03-14-2009, 02:21 AM
ok thanks 4 the info no prob on moving the thread, i wasnt thinkin on the ty yt part lol

i loved my 200x i miss it:cry:
i was just thinkin of a quick fixer trike it would be stock with a .25 over bore
the carb,and choke part is a pain in the arse though, the spark it kicks out will knock ya on your trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!!!!, i pulled it over barely ,and it shot out a nice blue spark! painful one lol

Vealmonkey
03-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Why is the choke a pain in the butt? You can still get the choke cables and all the choke parts. If you didn't care for the choke cables, there are ways to use choke pulls at the carb from another motorcycle if need be. You can ask old-yellow about the choke parts still being available. LOL

old-yellow
03-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah veal sold me a really nice Nos one for my trike because before I had to use vice grips on mine to get it to work, sorry I actually don't know where to get a new one off hand but you could try Dennis kirk or bike bandit they may still sell it.

Alex

jason 32
03-16-2009, 12:04 AM
the cables - motion pro will make you a cable any!
i was meaning the inner plunger with the weird tip made from brass, theres no reason for it other than a guide that i know
well mine was buggered up i tried to fix as well as possible lol , there are new carbs available now,and plungers from d kirk, but at the time there were none ,and factory didnt make any either