PDA

View Full Version : any Motorcycle Techs here?

dizasterzrfun69
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Have any of you went to a school to be a motorcycle tech? if so tell me about it. Whered you go? how long did it take? is it easy if you have common knowledge of engines?

honda250sx
03-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Waste of money. I have worked with several MMI techs. All real tool boxes, clueless.

MTS
03-14-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm a 3rd year apprentice, out of fairview, alberta, Canada, Great experience, i cant say much for the mmi tech's, iv herd pretty much the same as honda250sx, NAIT fairview is regarded as the best in Canada, and debatable north America, its 4 years of apprenticeship, first 2 yrs are 2 8 week courses and the last 2 are only 6 weeks, i sure as hell learned alot in the class and hands on, was worth my time.

outtaline
03-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Sucked went to AMI now WYO tech waste of money crap classes graduated with a 3.2 gpa and tell you the truth I don't know that much more went for DUCATI and we were working on 350x engines learned some cool stuff but you would be better off going to machinist school or something more specialized like that P.S. I worked at 2 shops after graduated and realized most bike shop owners are just like there prices way to high and retarded Pm me if you wanna hear more of this ps it was stupid but fun best thing I got out of it is my daughter on a long night after school cause my wife went with me and worked while I went to class and I worked at night oh yeah and I moved to florida to go to school and decided to stay after getting screwed around at a couple of shops

dizasterzrfun69
03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
well this is sounding like something i shouldnt bother with :lol: