PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play paintball?

Custom200
03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys have a laugh with em. Me and about 15 other guys have built a large paintball course complete with bunkers a few treches barrirs etc plus some thick woods to boot. Just bringing it up since the weather here is breaking a bit an I'm busting out the paintball gear for this weekend.

The Goat
03-12-2009, 09:37 PM
used to, not anymore really. buddy was trying to convince me to get back into it.

we played mainly speedball...and later xball.

I was running

03 shocker
Low pressure bolt kit
halo with v board
full freak
flipped switch on stock board with no limit
dual regged with smart parts 68 4500psi tank

always fired neon green evil or ultra evil paint...used to be a good time.

I could get 4k shots off of one tank...EASILY and rattle em off at 17+ a second on a good day.

these kids now have it easy...stupid ramping trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. heaven forbid they learn to walk their trigger.

ditchmud
03-12-2009, 11:24 PM
used to, not anymore really. buddy was trying to convince me to get back into it.

we played mainly speedball...and later xball.

I was running

03 shocker
Low pressure bolt kit
halo with v board
full freak
flipped switch on stock board with no limit
dual regged with smart parts 68 4500psi tank

always fired neon green evil or ultra evil paint...used to be a good time.

I could get 4k shots off of one tank...EASILY and rattle em off at 17+ a second on a good day.

these kids now have it easy...stupid ramping trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. heaven forbid they learn to walk their trigger.

I absolutely have no clue what any of that means:confused:
My son just got into the game recently. I traded a nitro r/c truck for paintball gear. So I am just learning.

The Goat
03-12-2009, 11:34 PM
lol...03 shocker was a crappy really expensive gun... that required a TON of tweaking to make it competitive.

low pressure bolt kit was to lower the operating pressure from 195 psi to 135-145 psi...made it more consistent, and more accurate. ball on ball at 25 yards accurate.

halo was the hopper that goes on top...motorized forced feed. 26 bps in stock form....36 bps with v board.

freak is a barrel kit you can buy, with inserts at different microns to correct for different sized paint...further improved accuracy.

flipped switch, take the firing switch off the electronic board, and turn it around, resoldering it. decreased trigger pull from half an ounce to damned near nothing. and we're talking an opposing magnet trigger pull here, so smooth as butter.

dual regged, I had a maxflo reg where the handle was, set for 140 psi and then a second max flo LPR attached to the top of the bottle set for 170. some people experience problems with shoot down (shooting so fast the pressure won't stay consistent) with that setup....just has to be tuned right.

neon green ultra evil was the best paint of the day. Consistently round. Brittle as all hell so it broke easy and it WOULD NOT break in barrel.

by pulling the trigger with two fingers in rapid succession, you were able to double your rate of fire...if you were consistent.

kids today have the option of ramping, pull the trigger consistently fast for a second, and then just keep pulling and it will ramp up...firing 12bps...no matter how slow you pull.

It is a VERY fun hobby, but it can get expensive.

A lot of colleges have teams...LSUs was pretty good.

MyMistress86R
03-13-2009, 01:00 AM
I don't actually get out to play, but I've had a marker for years. Just bought a new cheapy sniper model, but use it mostly as a training aid for the neighborhood dogs...

Brad200X
03-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Only went paint balling once. I went the day after Thanksgiving a few years ago and it was COLD. I don't know why I didn't go more often. We went to an awesome paint ball park a half hour from my house. I was really into Airsoft though. I liked it more because it was more real, if that makes any sense...

ditchmud
03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Ok here is what I got
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg308/ditchmud/DSC01463.jpg
The black one is a tippman a-5. It has an r/t conversion on it and a ceramic barrel, and the guy gave me the stock barrel too. I was shooting at a stuffed animal that was about the size of a football from 30 yards and never missed.
The blue gun I was told is a trilogy sport with an aftermarket barrel and trigger. I don't really like this gun much compared to the a-5, and we will be selling it as soon as I get it shooting right. It needs a little tweeking and leaks here and there. Co2 goes fast I have found out lol
we also got a box of paintballs, 1 Co2 12oz. tank and hoppers for both guns. I traded a traxxas jato nitro truck for this stuff. I think it was a good trade because I figured I'd sell the truck for $200

Custom200
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I never really bought any expensive guns by any means. I run a Tippman a5 mainly because of its durabilty I've found.I also have a Chepo VL triton2 that I got simpy becasue I got it cheap off a freind. I take it as a back up gun or for anyone new who wants to come over and play. Helps getting them ino the game. I play 100% woodsball. Tried the tournament style once but didnt like it. For me I like the whole aspect of sneaking around the woods and lining up the perfect shot. Many times getting them with about 2 shots. Saves on paintballs too ;)

Brockey
03-14-2009, 12:19 AM
I was into woodsball, then moved on to playing league. Enter a few touraments and came out on top. Guns kept getting better and better. Have since got rid of it all except a extra tank and a $100 mask I have wore twice and have no use for.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284/Brockey/feb005.jpg

Custom200
05-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I know its been a while since the last post, but i picked up a new gun yesterday.

well new to me. I traded a few parts to a good buddy of mine for a Smart Parts

vibe. Its not the most expensive gun but it seems like a very high qulity gun and it

shoots great.Just wondering if anyne else has experience eith this gun or Smart

Parts in general.

Russell 350X
05-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Never heard of it, got any pics?

I see tippman has a new one out, looks similar to a AR-15, thought about getting it but I'm quite fond of the A-5.

Kerick
05-31-2009, 06:57 PM
I have a Spyder Electra and i play just down in the woods by the snowmobile trail with a bunch of other kids and theres a indoor course up in Rochester Ny that i love to play...

Custom200
05-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Never heard of it, got any pics?

I see tippman has a new one out, looks similar to a AR-15, thought about getting it but I'm quite fond of the A-5.

http://smartparts.com/#/vibe/home/ Thats the site page for the vibe.

Their Ion's are very popular guns. The vibe is more of their entry level gun but still

is far superior compared to most of the other guys wal-mart nd Canadian Tire

markers.Heres a pic

http://molespaintball.com/store/images/vibe.jpg

harryredtrike
05-31-2009, 09:05 PM
i shoot air soft now.think its better than paint

The Goat
06-01-2009, 12:37 AM
airsoft requires the honor system

it's kind of hard to argue with neon green ultra evil traveling at 195mph

harryredtrike
06-01-2009, 12:42 AM