PDA

View Full Version : Did I just get scammed out of $100.00 on a ATC 250R?

KillerBox
03-14-2009, 09:30 AM
I have really been wanting an ATC 250R or 350x. So, I saw these one on eBay. So my happy finger pulled the trigger before my mind had engaged. I sent my $100.00 down payment.

I sent a e-mail to the seller and waiting for him to respond.

Now, I wonder if this is a Nigera Scam or something? Have any of you ever seen the ATC 250R for sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200320084266

Frankencelery
03-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Unless I'm missing something, it looks like you just won the auction less than an hour ago! Most sellers don't sit on top of their computers waiting for an email. The buyer and seller have three days to contact one another.

When you said you sent him a down payment, I didn't see where the seller specified you could do that. Did you and the seller agree on the down payment before you sent it?

KillerBox
03-14-2009, 09:47 AM
You had to send a $100.00 down payment before you could "Buy it now"

I just have never had an auction that I had to send a down payment before I could buy it now. That has me concerned.

edog
03-14-2009, 09:53 AM
You had to send a $100.00 down payment before you could "Buy it now"

I just have never had an auction that I had to send a down payment before I

That don't sound rite to me.:wondering

KillerBox
03-14-2009, 09:57 AM
So has anyone ever seen these pictures before? Like on another auction or sell page.

Also, to me it looks nice but, does anyone see anything wrong with it?

Thanks for your help,

KillerBox

i58829
03-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Most buy it now auctions are set up that way. If you buy a car they usually require a 3-500.00 deposit. Other ebay stores require instant payment before the BIN is removed from ebay, so basically without instant payment its still for sale. It's saturday morning and you're in the same state just run to the bank, and when the guy contacts you go pick it up with the rest in cash. Looks 100% legit to me. When scammers deal through ebay its all done with email and generally not paypal. Looks like a fine purchase, and a great price...

andnuaa
03-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Don't be concerned he put it like that so he won't get deadbeat bidders that decide to hit the button and then not pay. And that is why you had to put a nonrefundable $100 dollar deposit down

Tri-Z 250
03-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree...nice pickup KBox....I think you just got the, I can't believe I just clicked the buy it now buttom jitters...Goodluck waiting grasshopper, much patience is needed my son to cross the rice paper...10% through Paypal goodtimes ahead...let us know when it drops.

DixiePlowboy
03-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Dude.....from Atmore to Mobile? Why can't I find anything that close? You're practically neighbors.

tri-Z ripper
03-14-2009, 01:41 PM
look A ok to me

Taiser
03-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah seems legit, don't worry. IF it does turn out to be a scam, paypal has insurance for this kind of thing and you can get reinbursed...and so can your credit card connected to paypay...hey usually have fraud insurance on that as well.

y2kane
03-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Pictures look legit. Parts and wheels on same white truck that is in the background of the one with someone sitting on the machine. Hope the deal goes through good for ya.

ceaserthethird
03-14-2009, 04:51 PM
You'll be OK , Have him send you his Phone number & address !

AutoXer
03-14-2009, 05:25 PM
His feedback looks ligit alot of atc parts bought.

mattcruff
03-14-2009, 06:32 PM
we should get up and go riding when you get that thing goin, i know some pretty good spots down here.

ironchop
03-14-2009, 06:34 PM
sounds like you may be trying to catch Santa putting the presents under the tree long before you open them

but that`s understandable....nice buy...I say you done good

I used to sell on Ebay (until Ebay screwed things up)...and I had alot of buyers get antsy when I didn`t answer the first day as I was working

Be patient....and you will be GREATLY rewarded

Dirtcrasher
03-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm glad your picking it up cuz there's no way in hell he was shipping all that for 200$!

Looks to be a great buy, new stator in the box and other goodies....

I've had people take 3 days to a week to respond. Not everyone stalks the computer like some of us do :lol:

The Goat
03-15-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm glad your picking it up cuz there's no way in hell he was shipping all that for 200$!

he was if he was using GOAT'S SIGNATURE SHIPPING SERVICE

"We haul ass...so you don't have to."

Rookie
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
:shiftyeyes: trailpro :shiftyeyes:

1BFC
03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
That front end doesn't look right to me. Be sure you look it over real good in person.

The front disc appears missing entirely from the small photo that's shown. I guess it could be a 10" wheel and the brake is on the other side?

I dunno, just saying!! I hope it works out for the best. Definitely a good price if everything is there.

MyMistress86R
03-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Why has an ebay related post been allowed to go so long in here when the rules clearly state that this belongs in a different forum? Is the general capacity of our interest group so degraded that we are incapable of following rules, or has this group in general just quit caring since the moderation has been lifted and put in our own hands? Are you all really ok with a free for all rats nest of stupidity and disregard for paying attention?

Admin...please move this thread to the ebay forum due to direct request.

chris200x
03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Why has an ebay related post been allowed to go so long in here when the rules clearly state that this belongs in a different forum? Is the general capacity of our interest group so degraded that we are incapable of following rules, or has this group in general just quit caring since the moderation has been lifted and put in our own hands? Are you all really ok with a free for all rats nest of stupidity and disregard for paying attention?

Admin...please move this thread to the ebay forum due to direct request.

This website is going down the tubes... FAST! :rolleyes: :mad:

KillerBox
03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
This seller backed out on me also. He said the 3 wheeler is in parts right now. I told him that I did not mind waiting for it to be put back together.

He then called me back later Saturday and told me that he is missing a bunch of parts and will not be able to get it back together.

Taiser
03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Then negative feedback his trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!!! Why would he not think of that before putting it up for sale..?

oscarmayer
03-16-2009, 07:11 PM
This seller backed out on me also. He said the 3 wheeler is in parts right now. I told him that I did not mind waiting for it to be put back together.

He then called me back later Saturday and told me that he is missing a bunch of parts and will not be able to get it back together.

file a complaint with ebay. they will term his account. selling or buting in ebay is a "legal" contract. your not allowed to back out after the deal is struck. he's stating this becuase he feels he can get more and doesn't want to sell it for $1k.

if you contact ebay, they will presu it legally.
if this was a car lot and they drew the paperwork up, signed it then when tie to hand the keys over said no, they would be in serious trouble for false advertising and breaking contracts. Just ebcause it's over the net doesn't mean it's ok. you strike a deal, you MUST stick to it.

factoryX
03-16-2009, 07:17 PM
well the reason this ebay related post has gone on for some time now is that he was worried about the 250r that he just bought. and needed help. I'd contact paypal and tell them what happen they will get your money back even if he has already spent it. In other words if his account is empty he will be negative $1000....F-up his feedback!!!

oldtime3wheeler
03-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Killerbox,
Did he refund your $100 deposit that you had to send?

Nick_R_23
03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
I would do either 1 of 3 things...

1. Go to his house and take a look at what he has. If you are satisfied with the price you won the auction at, pay him, and take your bike.

2. If you take a look at it and dont like what you see, especially if its all in pieces, claim the item wasnt as described and get your money back.

3. If he flat out doesnt want to sell it now, file and claim and try to get your money back, and leave appropriate feedback.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Dirtcrasher
03-16-2009, 07:38 PM
OMG, a post in the wrong FORUM!! :eek: This place has gone to complete HELL since the moderation stopped!!

I can't believe I even read this post, I'm so appalled!!

I knew it, I KNEW this would happen....

And that A**HOLE Dirtcrasher posted pics of his guards and has ANOTHER thread about them in the R and D forum :mad:

That PIECE OF CRAP!!

I can't believe these 2 guys live with themselves, I'm disgusted......

I have a direct request to behead any current and or future member that breaks rule #14, section B, paragraph T67.881L

I think we need a cop or a 3 wheeler FBI agent shens

Someone PLEASE move all this stuff now or I'm gonna bite my THUMB!!

Hey Killer, sorry to here about your deal gone South bro................

fabiodriven
03-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Not the first time for this guy weeping, DC. Figure I'll just get used to it.

You want some cheese with that whine, Mistress?

fabiodriven
03-16-2009, 09:05 PM
:shiftyeyes: trailpro :shiftyeyes:

Hey! I legitamitly stole that little quip from Edog! You stole my stolen line!!!:lol:

AutoXer
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
This guy has all the parts to this bike up for auction? Looks like you could buy it all for 1k or less? Strange why he wouldn't sell it ...... he has his number posted in his add we probabally should all call him and ask him lol

Twilight
03-16-2009, 09:24 PM
im in for that

firehart
03-16-2009, 09:36 PM
To me it just sounds like he was pissed it didn't go for more and is trying to find a way to back out.

factoryX
03-16-2009, 09:45 PM
To me it just sounds like he was pissed it didn't go for more and is trying to find a way to back out.

I think you nailed the issue...

Dirtcrasher
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
How do you get pissed when you have a BIN??

To me BIN's are the least you'll be happy with. Thats what he gave him!!

I won't lie, I've been watching crap, seen it go low and emailed the seller with "Dam, I would have given you XXXXXXX" Never worked for me but maybe this was the case??

There was/is no front brake as ?? said or it's on the right side and we can't see it (who cares though) and with the stator in the box and the other parts - this seemed to be a very nice deal!

I'd ask him if I could have his chick with the nice hOOts for your wasted time :D

The seller is just another fricken jerk - sorry bud...........

P.S. - I can relate and understand WHY you put your post in this forum, you wanted some input and the other forums aren't viewed as much....

EDIT - OMG!! The "non existent" mods gave in to the MISTRESS.......................... This topic would have gone away on it's own - THUMBS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!