PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki’s KFX700 V-Twin

bebeav
11-03-2002, 01:57 AM
Anyone seen this machine in action yet?

anyone know where i can download a video from thois killer machine?

8)

ALP
Beav

ATC crazy
11-05-2002, 12:24 PM
I bet the Raptor and DS blow the Kawi away. I mean come on, belt transmission and a heavy shaft drive on a sport quad? Leave that to polaris :D

Kilborg
11-05-2002, 06:11 PM
Well, I beg to differ.

The raptor has everything it can do to beat the new prarie 650. It's obviously faster, but not nearly as much as you think. The 700 kawi will be no slouch. Expect to see Yamaha updating designs shortly.

OldSchoolin86
11-05-2002, 07:18 PM
I don't think a Raptor has any problems handling the Prarie. lol

As far as the Kawi it's ugly, heavy looking and obviously designed for snowmobile type trail riding. I'm referring to all the big state trail types.

karnivore660r
11-05-2002, 07:46 PM
I don't have any experience with the prarie 650 but I think that v-twin probably does have fairly quick acceleration but the top speed would be lacking. Faster than a raptor? I dunno about that.

I'm sure if the 700 lives up to it's expectations it will be able to beat a raptor in a drag race but shaft drive with an auto tranny & 500 lbs, I don't know if you can really call it a high performance atv.

freaksfix
11-06-2002, 12:58 AM
the z400 aint all that much less then, the over talked about raptor ..so this new kawasucky is most likly gonna trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and get..the praire is fast for what it is....as far as looks, ha... you guys say my converted X is butt ugly...my X just became prom queen.... :rolleyes:

OldSchoolin86
11-06-2002, 09:58 AM
I guess I really don't care how it performs or looks or feels. It just means that the sport is getting bigger by filling another nitch. That's a good thing.

lol @ freak

ATC crazy
11-06-2002, 06:18 PM
:D I agree with Oldschoolin that it is butt ugly and should stick with wide trails. And Johnny, the Raptor definately has plenty left over after it :smokin the Praire; There is no competition between the Raptor and Kawisucky :D

Big Darn Mike C
11-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Well, as I often do, I disagree with the general feeling of it's looks. I think it looks pretty cool. And I think you guys are putting it in the wrong class. I don't think it's aimed at the Raptor, their new 400 is, but this one looks like it was made to compete with the Polaris scramblers and Yamaha Wolverine and whatever other machine of that nature is out there. I just think you are being to hard on it, will it outperform a Raptor in a serious situation? No, probably not, nor any other pure high performance machine. But I bet it has Caddy like grace on trails and dunes and is a kick in the shorts for a person that wants good performance and ease of use all bundled up into one. Plus with some racks and/or a hitch, you get all that along with a good work horse with stump pulling torque.

Kilborg
11-09-2002, 09:31 PM
Atc crazy, and any others..

I have a hard time believing you have actually seen the two (raptor and prarie 650) drag. The 660r is obviously a faster machine, as well it should be. However, the 650 4x4 is VERY fast for a quad of its nature. The 660r will obviously outrun it and top out faster, but you would be quite surpised to see how the two fare against each other up til about 65mph (the 650 tops out about here).

KingTecate
11-11-2002, 09:21 PM
I think you guys are missing the point why kawasaki made the 700. They wanted something thats the fastest and easiest to handling quad ever. from what ive heard and read thats what its going to be. Plus this quad is going to be more compition for the ds650 than the rap. the bomb weighs in at 460, not much less than the 700 and has pretty much the same size specs. and if it came between the bomd and the kawa kxf700, id go 700. its not even close to as ugly as the bomb ds 650