PDA

View Full Version : Trx 250r vibration......

250Rfanatic85
03-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Is it a common thing for trx 250r's to vibrate?...and i mean bad...I have a 86 atc 250r but it is pretty smooth idling....I didnt figure it would be different for the quad since they have same motor....It rattles my gear shifter,kick starter and my pipe(stinger) obnoxiously....I really dont think its normal..the first thing i thought was it had the counterbalancer removed or something is Totally unbalanced in the tranny...the guy i got it from said he had the motor sent off and the cases split.......ill put it this way,you can visibly tell the engine rattling, and its bolted snug.Imfeeling that i will have the tranny rebuilt....here is some pics btw...

Billy Golightly
03-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Its very likely that 1: The counterbalancer isn't timed correctly (Most likely) 2: The balancer bearings are getting bad and/or have flat spots on the balls from sitting a long time. or 3: The crank/main bearings have bad spots on them.

SYKO
03-16-2009, 12:24 PM
lol billy will tell you my 250R motor almost fell out of my racer one night....LMFAO I was like man this thing is vibrating like a beyotch! and when I pulled back off the track all I had holding my motor on was the swingarm bolt and a lower bolt with no nuts on it!! double check EVERYTHING first.

250Rfanatic85
03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Ok, i really appreciate it...and billy that makes perfect sense...i will see what i can or cant figure out......

Yamahondaman
03-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Its very likely that 1: The counterbalancer isn't timed correctly (Most likely) 2: The balancer bearings are getting bad and/or have flat spots on the balls from sitting a long time. or 3: The crank/main bearings have bad spots on them.

Normally like Billy say's on the ATC-TRX ...... ALSO ... if the C/Balancer Brg. is wore it will Vib ....
is isn't the Tranny

clarkfabracing
03-21-2009, 11:37 AM
it sounds like the counterbalancer is out of time,it will rattle the fillings right out of your teeth,lol....when the CB bearing goes bad it doest rattle as bad as the counterbalancer being out of time

250Rfanatic85
03-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Yea, Im bout to tear the whole quad down.Im gonna get the transmission rebuilt. I gotta buy a new left case, which make the perfect timing. I have a 295 big bore kit sitting in my closet for it. Believe it or not i bought it with the intentions of getting a TRX last summer. Sure enough i got one 3 weeks ago. I thought about putting the kit on my trike but it has a new top end. Plus i think the quad would make that much power more usable.