PDA

View Full Version : blaster clutch ???

rugabugadouglas
03-22-2009, 11:15 PM
i have a mid 90s blaster and the clutch seems wid in in i took it apart and some of the disc were stuck together and i put it back together and when i pull the lever in i cant spin the sprocket but i can see the disc move do they need to be in oil to work right or do i need to line up the notches on the hard disc or are they just shot? thanks in advance doug

matte30is
03-24-2009, 07:28 PM
your supposed to soak them in the same oil thats in your blaster gearbox before installation.

rugabugadouglas
03-25-2009, 10:49 PM
ill have to try that how do yo know if the ball is behind the rod? i think hat might be some of my problem too 21 is the ball.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/yamaha-atv-blaster-yfs200f-1994/o/m7003

matte30is
03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I think the ball goes in before the rod.

rugabugadouglas
03-27-2009, 10:10 PM
i dont even know if its in there i need to magnitize a small rod and see if i can fish it out

scooterroo
04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
actually theres a rod inside that the actuator arm is pushing against, then the ball bearing, then there is the other part of the rod that is the part that sticks thru the basket and which you use to adjust the clutch. make sure the basket isnt all wavy in the area where the clutch fiber plates go also, as with any clutch basket. soak your fiber plates in the same oil you use inside the case. when putting them on, make sure the funny looking wavy plate is on i believe the second fiber plate, and once it is all put back together, before putting the sidecover back on, adjust your clutch with that "2nd" parts of the rod with the phillips head screwdriver head. loosen the lock nut on it. i adjusted mine to it started feeling pressure on it, and i started to see the clutch plates start to open up, backed of on it till they were closed again and tighten the locknut on the rod. clutch has been flawless for about 3 years now.

rugabugadouglas
04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
thanks ill try that when i get my new plates a fibers ill have to check the wavy plate too to see if its in right

rugabugadouglas
04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
whats the odd spots in the hard plates for do they need to line up with something? i forgot to ask that lol thanks in advance