PDA

View Full Version : One person ruins it all...

Twilight
03-27-2009, 04:03 PM
I am sure more people will bash me or talk smack but whatever, im saying something that needs to be said. As some of you know I was proposing to make plastic parts that have been discontinued for members. Well because one member I offered FOR FREE to make some replicate shrouds for his cr250, just as a quick try and see if it would even be worth trying. After a couple tests I was able to get a pair I was happy with and promptly sent them back to the member (was less than 4 days after receiving). So I asked him to put them on the bike and put them through normal tests to see if they would work. NOW in my mind, I would think normal tests would be dropping it on its side if its falls, making sure they fit okay, making sure branches dont break them, and seeing if they flex okay while on the frame..

Apparently, the true test is having the bike hit a tree, hitting it hard enough to bend the bars and knock the front tire off the bead, THAT broke the left shroud, here is the response I got from him;

"Dude, these things $#$%ing suck!!! I downed the bike yesterday and they broke right off, how do you expect to make and sell a product that cant even take a hit right! One side is bigger than the other on the bottom mount so I had to take time out my schedule to fix YOUR mistake, the other one fit OK, but not great. In all I give these a 3 out of 10, may look nice, but will break when the bike is downed. I want a refund for shipping ASAP!!!"

It was only after another 2 emails, each time asking what happened, that I was told it was because he crashed into a tree.

Now, I just want to ask you all, would you be upset if you got a product for free (less shipping), and only wanted in return some feedback on the part? For me, its like; if this is what response i am going to get... **** it. I am not going tell the members name, but if you read this... maybe you will think before you act next time =)

When I finish my new table I will still offer to replicate parts... to members that I can trust only;

freaksfix
DirtCrasher
factoryX
edog
atctim
Billy
Goat
Nick R 23
300r Man

and a few others. To the members above, first off thanks for all the great advice/help, you all make this a great place to gather info, get a laugh and want to come back =)

-Twilight

smokinwrench
03-27-2009, 04:14 PM
What a joke looks to me like you went out of your way for this guy then you get that for a THANK YOU. I'm pretty sure he was ticked about crashing his bike and tearing it up and you happened to be the guy that recieved his frustrations.

I bet after he has cooled off he will realize how stupid he acted. I have been on this forum for years and know there are some real loosers on here but most are very good guys that would do anythign to help you out.

chris200x
03-27-2009, 04:26 PM
They'll turn it into a witch hunt just like thewy did to aussieduner with is shrouds.

I rmeber reading about you wanted to try a numberplate. Personally I think they would not be subjected too much stress. unless of coarse you had a head on colishin. in that case nothing will make it out unscathed.

why not post the members name so the rest of us know not to do business with them.

atctim
03-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Dude - I would tell that dousche bag what's up -

I find more and more day in and day out - everyone wants a *FREE* handout - then feel that they havethe right to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about it - EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking people are terrible.

edog
03-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Dude - I would tell that dousche bag what's up -

I find more and more day in and day out - everyone wants a *FREE* handout - then feel that they havethe right to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about it - EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking people are terrible.

We are our own worst enemy.:rolleyes:

ATC-Eric
03-27-2009, 05:26 PM
He should at least be happy his factory stuff wasnt broken, so you really did him 2 favors there.

What a joke. I know you said you wouldnt, but you should list this persons name for the rest of our sake. Then we can publically humiliate him/her, followed by an inevitable bannination.

rdlsz24
03-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Wonder how expensive oem parts would have handle a crash into a tree? Your free aftermarket parts should handle that kind of trauma at least as good as them lmao.

Are you trailpro kidding me? He is actually serious? What an ungrateful piece of trailpro.

Rob

Kintore
03-27-2009, 05:33 PM
what is going on here. douche bag for sure!

tanks350x
03-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Maybe if he didn't run head first into a tree he'd be thinking differently... He's lucky he didn't get killed or paralized, and he's demanding his shipping costs back?, that's some pretty big stones right there, I don't get it

Dirtcrasher
03-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Some people just don't understand how lucky they are to have a chance at ANY reproduction parts people are trying to make.

Constructive feedback helps you make changes, bad feedback pisses you off!!

And yes, oh how quicky it turns into an Aussie lynchmob....

Twilight
03-27-2009, 07:38 PM
I wont say the members name, he didnt apologize but tried to? Oh well. Tony told me this could happen, so I tested the water.

In good news, the new table will be done in 2 weeks and I can start repro parts big time =) Also found a close honda red and clear plastic... hmm clear shrouds...sexy

mad
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
hopefully the dumb@$$ is reading this and knows its him that your talkin about,but doesnt matter what you do you will always have to deal with a sourpuss thats apart of the business world.

Mrs.Mosh
03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow, that is wrong.

Unfortunately ......"one person ruins it"....in todays society, it seams there is more and more behavior like this.

Don't let that one person keep you from doing this. We can only hope that the GRATEFUL people still out number those kinds

The Goat
03-27-2009, 11:43 PM
buddy if there is one rule I stand by, that is I do nothng or expect nothing for free.

people can't call in favors, and I can't get told... "well it was free afterall"

I'll do anything for anyone I like... but as for taking crap or members trying to lowball, sorry ain't no one worth the trouble.

glad to know I could be of amusement.

Brockey
03-28-2009, 01:03 AM
How ungrateful. Man I bought a used fender for my old moto 4. I ruined the bolt hole part by tightening down the bolt too much on brittle plastic. Ran the fender for a while and it broke when a branch struck it. Now they offer a 30 day warranty on there parts but come on its plastic. I would of felt like a major dick to bring it back and complain. I got a fender cheap and knew it was brittle. No bodys fault but mine it broke.

Anyone could go buy a new set of shrouds tomarrow and break them in many different ways. Try going to Maier and tell them they sold you a broken set that broke on a wipe out.

Any and All who are making repo parts are gods and are helping to keep the sport alive. And to make a bit of money for your time is awesome. Reps to all you guys.

ATC-Eric
03-28-2009, 01:03 AM
In good news, the new table will be done in 2 weeks and I can start repro parts big time =) Also found a close honda red and clear plastic... hmm clear shrouds...sexy

Hell-yes! Get it on. Screw the downers!

y2kane
03-28-2009, 12:54 PM
You should tell him you will refund shipping after he ships the parts back to you for inspection to see if it was a flaw in the part or operator error. Then say sorry it was the dumba** that put the parts on it and hit a tree with it, not product malfunction...LOL like I said one word...dumba**.

wheelie king
03-28-2009, 01:01 PM
People forget that one should not trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro where he eats.

Ungrateful SOB.

:rolleyes:

killerklown
03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
It takes all kinds.... Or so I've been told.

300rman
03-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Thats Bullcrap. you have no right to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about a free part....of course hitting a tree is going to break stuff.........what a Douche.

And props to you for taking the endeavor to reproduce unavailable parts. i'd take a repo shroud made of GLASS before i chose not to have one at all.

brapp
03-29-2009, 09:06 PM
well send him the bill for your time and effort minus the shiping cost and see what he has to say.

dcreel
03-29-2009, 11:53 PM
I'd tell him to pound sand, with a link to this thread.

okieRrider
03-30-2009, 12:14 AM
well send him the bill for your time and effort minus the shiping cost and see what he has to say.

WORD :beer :welcome:

Hoosier_Daddy
03-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Looks like you have everybody's support here Twilight. You can add my support to that list too. Don't let that one guy get you down. Good luck with your production of parts, my friend.

Triple B!
03-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Man, I can't agree more! what a jerk! :mad:
It just goes to show you that you try to do things nice for people and
put your talents out there for everyone's benefit and someone has to try and take advantage... jeez what a douche....

Well, I gotta say keep it up, don't forget that there are still a lot of good people who recognize what you're doing. Screw that P.O.S. I don't know what he was thinking but he definitely burned his bridge there! :banned: