PDA

View Full Version : After all is said and done, what does it cost to attend TF?

Brad200X
04-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I really want to go to trikefest. Just wondering what it costs for all your supplies, entry, and whatnot. What you pay in gas isn't that important, as I live on the Indiana side of Illinois. also, what makes up your TF "survival kit," so to speak? Thanks.

(And yes, I'm terrible at planning things in advance lol.)

keister
04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
There are a lot of variables. Would you be travelling alone or taking a wife/gf and family. This will of course double/triple your cost. Conversely, if you carpool you can cut costs. The costs below are for one person and take into account that you already own camping gear / tent.....
$45 Haspin fees (3 days)
$100 gasoline
$100 food (this can vary wildly - more on that in a moment)
$30 raffle trike tickets + 3WW hat or 3WW shirt (gotta support the site)
$60 beer
$50 misc. (food/drinks for the ride, paper towels, pastic cups, pinger oil, etc)
$15 firewood (i bring my own, but they sell it there)

So you may be looking at a max of $400, door to door provided you don't break anything on your car or wheeler(s). You could probably do it for closer to $300 if you bring your own firewood / food and drink cheap beer.

keister
04-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Brad - do a search in this forum for something like "what are you bringing to trikefest." There are lists from MANY people from years past showing (in excruciating detail) what they pack with them. For me, it is a little overkill to know that people are brining deodorant, toothbrush, 4 pair underwear, but it may help you out.

As for food, you have a lot of options. The Haspin "clubhouse" is open for limited hours for breakfast and lunch. Food is cheap. You can get the usual dogs, burgers, omlettes, biscuits and gravy, etc for under $5 per meal. They are open on the weekend, but limited hours on Thurs / Fri.
There is a pizza shop in town that delivers (huge) pizzas and subs on the cheap. Menus are available in the office.
Some people bring a grill to cook, or use and open fire, and others just live on Funyuns and ravioli straight from the can.

Brad200X
04-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks keister. I would hopefully come alone, and I don't drink, (I'm 20) so I could cut costs pretty easily. I'll do a search like you said for more info on the essential stuff to bring.

Brad200X
04-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Just found a good thread for a little info for guys in my situation:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=35750&highlight=bring+tf+trikefest

Airhog
04-19-2009, 02:04 PM
What about races what does it cost for racing, drag racing and mudding participation?

Howdy
04-19-2009, 02:08 PM
What about races what does it cost for racing, drag racing and mudding participation?
Once you pay to get into Haspin the activities ( MX, Drags, ect ) are free.
Howdy

MIK6
04-19-2009, 06:13 PM
I always have a pretty nice cooking set up for TF. we get together w/ 5 to 10 guys and share food, grills, pans,coolers ect.. I have had people come up and ask to throw some burgers on my grill. Its a great way to meet people, sit down, share a dog some chips and make new friends.

No one goes hungry at TF!!!

You can spend what you differently to make the weekend you want, once your in the park ($45), its up to you. I have bought 2 trikes, misc parts, a bigbore kit at TF, who know what you CAN spend LOL

SHOW UP, RIDE AND HAVE FUN!!!
MIK6 / Mike

girlsride2
04-19-2009, 06:23 PM
No one goes hungry at TF!!!

Never was there a statement more true than this one!

This goes for food and alcohol pretty much ...lol:beer

kimmer250r
04-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Yep, most of my cost is fricken gas! 6 hour drive one way, but staying there is pretty much just food and beer...lol. Once you go a couple times and really get to know people, it's even cheaper, because like Mik6 said, we all bring stuff to throw on the grill together and have a good time. I go back to work from my surgery may 7th, so I need to make sure I put in for TF09 time off. Got a craving for some texas hot sauce dogs and salt taters..haha

Brad200X
04-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Cool guys. What do most people do when they first get there? Does anybody show up early or does everybody show up on Thursday? Thank for the comments, and I will definitely be there!

MIK6
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Cool guys. What do most people do when they first get there? Does anybody show up early or does everybody show up on Thursday? Thank for the comments, and I will definitely be there!

THURSDAY???? I shoot for Tues or wed usually!!!

MIK6 / Mike

Kintore
04-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Im with Mike and Dawn on this one,

Most hardcore's roll in tues and wednesday.

First thing to do when you get there is meet and greet, unload the piles, crack a few brews and shoot the crap. Hell its been a year since most of us all saw each other.

Im usually packin 4 hundy for myself.

Its a TOTAL blast and you look forward to it year after year, its better than Xmas and prom night all in one! Welll..... maybe not THAT far!

Louis Mielke
04-21-2009, 07:42 AM
hmmm Kintore. Didn't know you ran around with so much of that American paper. Lets go for a long long trail ride out to the farthest corner of haspin this year. Don't mind that twin headed axe I'l be packing this year. Thats for fire wood....yeah firewood...

Kintore
04-21-2009, 07:50 AM
haha you can try milkman, but I hide it around like a squirrel and his nuts!

Louis Mielke
04-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Good to hear! I would worry about your saftey if you didn't....yeah...worry...thats it

Kintore
04-21-2009, 07:58 AM
haha you aint gettin no money to buy more milk!

No milk for you!

Louis Mielke
04-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Don't worry, that wasn't me slippin out the back door at your girls house!