PDA

View Full Version : 2 months and I will be doing repro plastics...

Twilight
04-05-2009, 07:00 PM
So, from what I have gathered this is what most people want;

Number Plates
Super Scoops
ST Shrouds

So what else? Also what thickness, colors, styles would everyone want the most? In 2 months I will start *sorry, but I have 2 vacations and a lot of physical therapy until June 10th-June20th* Right now, I want EVERYONES suggestions. If the part you need can fit on my 24x24 table (so if its tall... factor about 20x20), I will try my best to make a repro of it. First batches will be all me, I will buy all whats needed, send the parts to some of out better critics (DirtCrasher, Vealmonkey, Edog, Billy and maybe one other) and depending on how they do. I'll either get some orders, or go back to drawing board.

TO THOSE OF YOU WITH THESE PARTS! I need molds of them. Plaster would be nice, or send it to me and I will do it. Put a price on what its worth to you and if somehow its damaged I will refund it. I WOULD LIKE for them to be used pieces, ones that you wont have to take out of the package.

So lets hear some suggestions, and for the love of the site, keep it civilized, anyone bitches or starts a fight and I'll ask for the thread to be locked =)

fabiodriven
04-05-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm sure it's not possible, but is there any way to make gas tanks?:rolleyes:

Twilight
04-05-2009, 08:49 PM
No gas tanks, im not good at plastic welding as I would like to be, and im sure thats a special plastic.

Dirtcrasher
04-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Someday, someone will make a plastic injection mold capable of making you guys some Tecate tanks. Won't be me :( but I think it can/will happen. Technology is better, faster and cheaper every day!!

For now I'd love to see some of the easier and more rare parts vac formed for you guys..... Number plates, rare scoops, ab lids - as stated above :D

Twilight
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Good thing is plastic is cheap. I just need ideas and pictures of the most wanted items to go off.

So if you have a idea just post it or talk with me about it. Im always up for criticism and ideas.

Eric250R
04-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Not that there would be a huge demand, but would love a number plate and air box lid for my Cagiva. Of course I have none to send to you so it's a moot point....:lol: But good luck with this.

dcreel
04-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Tri-zinger front fender/number plates.

Twilight
04-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Have the airbox? Is it the same thats on the cagiva dirtbikes?

Vealmonkey
04-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I have an original DG numberplate. It has some cracking on it and still with the original package. I don't know if it has to be repaired or could be repaired, but I'm willing to donate it to the cause.

Twilight
04-06-2009, 12:37 AM
that would be great!

atctim
04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Chiming in here:

Front fenders for the ALT50 and the Tri-Zinger - they're small and easy and almost not available. If you need these fenders for duplication purposes, please hit me up - I will hook you up!

Also - what about front fork protectors??? Those would be small easy parts to make that are super cool.

ALSO - please mark me down for a number plate - I need one in a bad way son!

johnny's X
04-06-2009, 09:04 AM
350x headlight plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Twilight
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Aussieduner already makes those...

kokmatt
04-06-2009, 08:04 PM
what about brake disc guards i dont have one but would like to get one for the z.

Twilight
04-06-2009, 11:37 PM
depends on how long they are.

Eric250R
04-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Have the airbox? Is it the same thats on the cagiva dirtbikes?

Yes I do have the box, and yes they are the same as the bike. Let me know if you think you can do something with it. And nevermind about the number plate, I actually already have one... kind of forgot....lol.

Twilight
04-07-2009, 02:11 AM
If you have the box, I can make a outline in plaster and trim it to make a lid... or try to find the bike

Vealmonkey
04-07-2009, 02:43 AM
Twilight, You'll have to PM me your address so I can send you out this number plate. It has a plastic screen riveted in it and I don't know what you want to do about that. I really am not sure about what steps you have to go through to produce a part. The number plate isn't in bad shape, since it is sort of nos, but it is old and slightly brittle with age and I guess exposure to UV on a shelf or wherever.

Eric250R
04-08-2009, 01:46 AM
If you have the box, I can make a outline in plaster and trim it to make a lid... or try to find the bike

Sounds great man, as soon as you get started I'll send it to you.