PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL TF '09 Drag Racing Rule's !!!

sandpuppi101
04-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Trike Fest 09 Drag Rules..

Remember this is a fun event and is not worth fighting over..
All Trikes will have to be pre registered to be entered in the drag racing event..
The machine will be inspected by a Tec who will go over the machine and make sure it's placed in the proper class..
The rider will be given a number at the time of inspection and will be placed on the bike...you will be responsible for knowing your number..
The number will only be placed by a tec..
Discrepancy's with class placement will be handled by the tec's and have the final say..
Pre registration will be a must..
Youth ,Stock Class,Last Chance will be single eliminations
Modified and open will be double elem..
we will start with youth and go right into stock classes

***Starting System***

We will now be using a Green light - Red light red is staging.. you will be pointed too to make sure you are ready..a simple nod of the helmet,,will tell us your ready.. when the red light turns green GO!!!! Finish line will be decided by 2 people on each side of the Finish line and a arm raise on that side of the track will tell the winner..and or a walkie talkie..

*** RED LIGHTS*** Red Lights will be counted as a LOSS.. obviously a 1/4,1/2 bike is a loss ..you will know it and the staging personnel will see it..staging person will be watching each start and its his or hers (Call) on the red light under 1/4 bike.. best bet .. wait till it turns green..

***If final win cannot be decide by either sides at the finish line a RE-RUN will be called...

***All final lane choices will determined by wins and losses.If tie a coin will be flipped..

1.Youth class
2.stock class
3. modified class
4.open class

Rules.

1. Youth..
A. trike or quad under 125cc
B.must be 12yrs old or younger
C. conversions or Hybrids OK
D. machines will be paired as close as possible

2. Stock Class.
STRUCTURE....
A.49cc-174cc
B.175cc-250cc
C.251cc-351cc 4 stroke
D.250cc 2 stroke

2 -Stock.
-Trikes only
-exhaust, must be ran in the way manufacture of your machine designed it.
(aftermarket pipes are allowed if ran in this manor)( No out of frames)
- frame must be to factory spec. (no frame mod's)
- Engine must be the original, OEM equipped one. No aftermarket or different then originally equipped cylinders for 2 strokes or 4 strokes.
Any internal engine modifications allowed. 2 strokes are allowed to run aftermarket/non OEM cylinder heads. 4 strokes are not.
-No hybrids, conversions or engine swaps. Machine must be an original OEM three-wheeler.
-swing arm's, can be stock length or up to +4" extended ( will be approved by a tec)
- Gas, must be on pump gas (no more than 98 octane) Aftermarket carbs, clamp-on airfilters, etc all allowed.
No race fuel or oxygenated fuels!
- tires, stock or aftermarket... No studs!
-No wheelie bars
-aftermarket axle's OK
-we will try to pair up same bikes in the first round,or close too. 250r v.s. tri z ,,200x v.s. 200x

3. Modified class.
-OEM trikes only
- any bike that has been modified Carb,bore,aftermarket cylinders,Big bores,long rods. NO engine swaps, or hybrids.
-swing arms, can be any length.
-wheelie bars, you can run a wheelie bar
-NO ALKY or NITROUS
-exhaust,pipe in or out of frame ok
-Studs permitted,must be ice screws,No picks,bolt tires,ect,atv use only.
-Basically created for the powervalved,big bore..300,310,330, stroker,ect.
-If you don't think you have what it takes to run with the big dogs in the open class..this is for you.
********At tec's discretion, if your bike don't fit the requirements of the class, you may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

4.open class.
- Trikes only
-All motorcycle or alternately based/customized machines.
-drag pipes or any custom. ok
-hybrid,conversions..ok
-swing arm, any length
-wheelie bars,ok, please use best judgment on building these. any loose bars will be asked to
tighten them up,before running. there for helping you not flip,not causing you to flip.
-fuel, Any fuel,race gas,alcohol,Nitrous oxide, all ok
-Tires,any tires
-studs, ok must be for atv use, (Ice screws),no picks

5. Last chance qualifier!
-modified and open class only
- $5 to buy back in for one run , you lose your out
-must loose twice and be out of your class to enter.
-this will be run right before the 1st and 2nd place final run of the open class
winner of this class will run the 2nd place person in the open finals.
if the two top place in the open class has the same numbers of wins and losses, a
coin will be tossed to determine who will run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE:

Last year the Drag Racing rule's were totally changed and light's were featured as a starting system for the 1st time in TF history.This year with the help of John Swinehart the light's have had a makeover as you can see in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5PnecZEjs ,and we will be accepting donation's during TF for the Drag's for the next year's start line and the lighting system so we can eventually have a fully functional X-Mas tree..

Due to the possibility of having a overwhelming attendance of ATC 70's and like Conversion's and Hybrid's it is possible that 1 or possibly multiple classes may be structured to accomidate these type of machine's,these machine's would more specifically be the ATC 70 and or like Custom -Hybrid's- and or Conversion's not exceeding 110 cc.

Judges and Tec's have final say in placement in any and all classes..

As you probably already have noticed,TF 09 rule's are an almost mirror image of what TF 08 rule's were.The way I look at it ,it worked last year so why change a good thing.There have been post in Drag related thread's asking about any change's you wanted to see in TF 09 Drag's and since I only recieved a handfull of question's and thought's from member's -some small change's have arrised but you member's have spoken as the rule's are now etched in stone.But if you have suggestion's and/or opinion's please speak out..

The track will be once again set up close too what it was last year,and maybe even taken up a notch.

In single ilimination heat race's - The winning racer must return immediatly to the starting line(staging area),so he or she can be placed in line for next heat race.

In double illimination heat race's- the winner and the loser must return to the start line(staging area),so he or she can be placed in the next heat race.

If racer decide's upon LCQ 1 time only ,return to start line (staging area) with $5.00 and you will be placed in 1 more heat race. ( mod and open only)

When your number has been called ,the racer will have a set time to make it to the start line for heat race or be DQ'ed from that round.(Time will be discussed at Driver's meeting).

Suggestion's and opinion's are open for discussion in this thread or you can PM me personaly.I would like to add that this is not MY Drag Race event ,it is all of our's.I along with other's only organize this event,but we do so because of our passion for our sport .Alot of us travel great distance's just to partake in the whole TF event and our goal is too put a smile on everyone's face's and to enjoy ourselve's.This is a competition -Yes- But this is also for fun..

Voulenteer's are needed : if you can help out with anything with this event let me know in this thread please.It will be greatly appreciated.I also know that voulenteer's will also be needed in other TF event's,if you can help out even for a few minute's with this and/or any other TF event's let myself or one of the other TF committee member's know.

OH and everybody Pray for NO RAIN !!!!
Sandpuppi101

dizasterzrfun69
04-13-2009, 11:48 AM
looks good roger. As long as we can make it there before friday, we'll be in to help out with the track and what not. Just let us know what to do.

ditchmud
04-13-2009, 02:55 PM
I have to say you and Raffa did an awesome job last year very organised and seemed pretty fair. It would be nice to find a way to put the tree in between the lanes this year in stead of off to the side. If we ran the wire up the middle from far behind the start line it could work. We might have to cover it with some ply wood to keep people from tearing it up. I had a lot of fun working at the starting line getting the racers lined up. I call that job again this year if I may?

Bryan Raffa
04-14-2009, 07:45 AM
^^^^ you got it Ditch!

atckid
04-14-2009, 10:01 AM
hi could anybody tell me what the trikefest 2009 dates are im very excited about going, but i cant seem to find any dates. also is it going to be at haspin again this year.

atctim
04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
atckid

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=87707&page=2

post #30 but I would recommend reading thru the whole thread if you have an interest in TF. It is super informative.

BTW - here is a nice little something for you guys to bookmark and check from time to time :)

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/clock.htm

ATC-Eric
04-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Sounds good Roger. See you guys there.

Russell 350X
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Looks good roger. I should be there the majority of the week, so I can help out with whatever, let me know.

smokintri-z
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
what day and time are the drags

Howdy
06-16-2009, 09:04 PM
what day and time are the drags
All the info is here:
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=97845&highlight=brochure

Howdy