PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Attending a Tea Party Rally Today?

Macs
04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I was wandering if anyone was going to a tea party rally today. I know i am going in protest. Hopefully sokme good will come out of it. We have several companies in the houston area shutting down early so the employees can attend.

Billy Golightly
04-15-2009, 09:47 AM
I actually wasn't planning on it, but pretty sure I've gotten talked into it by one of the guys at the barber shop this morning. Ours here in LO starts at about 6:00pm, so I'm gonna go by and check it out at least.

Kintore
04-15-2009, 10:34 AM
may I ask what this is?

smokinwrench
04-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I heard on the news this morning they are having a few in western Kansas. I won't be going.

Macs
04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/15/anti-tax-tea-party-protests-expected/

Here is just one article. It is a big deal here in Texas. Governor Rick Perry is also taking sides with the people.

Macs
04-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Qoutes to explain without reading the whol article. Everyone needs to find a tea party to join today. Unless you think everything is getting run perfect. Most families spend 40% of there incomes on taxes from income tax, sales tax, prperty tax etc etc. This needs to end.

"They've had enough of Democrats forcing taxpayers to pick up the tab for more wasteful spending instead of working together to make the tough fiscal decisions Americans are forced to make each and every day. They'veve had enough of seeing their hard-earned tax dollars wasted on pork-barrel spending that won't create jobs, rebuild their savings, or get our economy moving again. And they've had enough of Congress and the White House mortgaging our children and grandchildren's future by saddling them with mountains of debt destined to bankrupt our country," Boehner said.

Republican lawmakers like Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina and other well-known conservatives, including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, are lined up to speak at some of the demonstrations. Texas Gov. Rick Perry told FOX News Wednesday that he'll be attending protests in San Antonio, Fort Worth, and Austin, Texas.

"These are moms and dads, teachers and students, businessmen and women who are concerned for their country," DeMint of South Carolina told FOXNews.com. "They are worried that our nation is quickly being taken in the wrong direction by politicians who are more concerned about the next election instead of the next generation."

"This cuts across party lines and demographic divides. It's not about Republican or Democrat, its about citizens who believe America can only survive if we protect the principles of liberty from a federal government that is out of control and must be reformed now. And that's a real message of hope," he said.

Whether the tea party movement is large enough to elicit a response from the White House is "hard to say," said Leahy.

smvorndran
04-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Why'd it have to have such a gay name? If it was a beer bash, more people would attend.

Which would you attend, the Boston Tea Party, or the Boston Beer Bash!:w00t:

smvorndran

super90
04-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Why'd it have to have such a gay name? If it was a beer bash, more people would attend.

smvorndran

LOL, QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

Raziel661
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
LOL The Tetley Teabaggers!!! OMG!!! Funny:lol:

factoryX
04-15-2009, 05:27 PM
nearest party is 200 miles away...

wheelie king
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Too busy WORKING.shens

Billy Golightly
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
I went to one this evening in town at 6:00PM. There was by their count about 650 people there, which is a STUNNING turn out as far as I'm concerned. Very surprised, and Impressed by it.

Macs
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I ended up missing it, some clients in minnesota called at the last minute in a bind. So i just got home.

300rman
04-16-2009, 12:36 AM
my parents went, i had some money to make, unfortunately.....i was free yesterday and tomorrow

Dammit!
04-16-2009, 09:14 AM

smvorndran

I hope you're just making a joke and really understand where the name comes from.

Google "taxation without representation" for anyone that really doesn't understand. I've been saying we're back at that point for years. Happy to see a movement actually getting started to make that point crystal clear for the world to see.

Macs
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
I hope you're just making a joke and really understand where the name comes from.

Google "taxation without representation" for anyone that really doesn't understand. I've been saying we're back at that point for years. Happy to see a movement actually getting started to make that point crystal clear for the world to see.

I reread his response a few times and i think he was just trying to make a joke, a bad joke at that.

smvorndran
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Just a joke, it's all good.

Now I may make myself sound retarded, but it's been a long time since I've been in school. Wasn't the Boston Tea Party when they threw all the tea in the Harbor to fight against new taxes they were trying to impose?

smvorndran

edog
04-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Just a joke, it's all good.

Now I may make myself sound retarded, but it's been a long time since I've been in school. Wasn't the Boston Tea Party when they threw all the tea in the Harbor to fight against new taxes they were trying to impose?

smvorndran

Dind ding ding.............