PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki lt125 questions and parts interchange

sheadijn
04-27-2009, 10:00 AM
I have a 84 lt125, its old but has been a good rig for the kids. 1st, it has developed a problem recently, it will idle ok, but under any load it "sputters" real bad and has no power, this started one day a week or so ago, I have had the carb off several times, and cleaned it very good, used carb cleaner, and LOTs of air, checked floats, they are fine, if dont flood, seems to be getting plenty of fule, have played with the jets (how i got it to idle). engine has 125+ compression, valves seem fine, check cam timing, valve lash, and ignition time. also tried diff coil for a none good one, new plug (3 actually). Kind of at a loss. Now, my other thoughts are, what top end parts will interchange with it? would like to get a little better compression ratio for it, maybe a little better cam. dont really have the funds to start doing wiesco pistons and stuff, just gonna dig around Ebay and craigslist and see what I can find. You guys are always a great help! thanks in advance. Any thoughts or suggestions (other then junk it/get something else :lol: would be greatly appreciated.