PDA

View Full Version : New Toy!! (pict inside)

MIK6
11-03-2002, 09:50 PM
Today I picked up a new toy. "ATVNUT250R" had an add up on .org about a BLACK 225 DR for sale 1 hour from me. I called on , but was to late. He sold it on friday. BUT the guy bought it for the ring and pinion only. He GAVE it to the mechanic as payment for his labor. "ATVNUT250R" (Jack) sent me the # of the newest owner and now its MINE!!! I made a few calls and picked up some parts tonite. I picked up a pinion, mud flaps, a grab bar, and tail light. Tomarrow i order a seat cover, a new cable and pick up a new battery. The only things I see wrong is that it has a crack in the cover behind the pull start assembly and needs a new pull rope. I will pick them up as soon as i find good parts. Any dr/dx pull start will work, but I need a DR cover because of the reverse lever. If anyone knows of these parts let me know.
THANKS JACK and MIKE.

LATER
MIK6 / Mike
(thanks for the pict help billy)

samster143
11-04-2002, 12:59 AM
Congratulations... Looks like a good find. Hope it's good to ya! :-D

Jeb
11-04-2002, 11:36 AM
Great Score Mik6!

Something great to pull start Tecates with! I need one too! ;)

I was looking through one of my old 3 wheeling mags last night. I came across a hop up article on an ATC 200S. They put hub spacers and low profile turf tamers on the rear. It looked awesome. Id have to do that to that Yamaha if it was mine! lol

Trikeaholic
11-04-2002, 01:26 PM
what about the missile kit 250R?? are you blowing that off, or are you gonna let me get it now??

skippy
11-04-2002, 09:18 PM
hay mike,, thats kinda funny.. i met jack about 4-5 months ago, i traded him a mint 85 250r atc, for a beat 86 trx 250r.. and since then i have been showing him and letting him know about bikes up his way... he buys, sells, trades,, all the time.. and i thk i found that one for sale for him.. but i cant get together with him because of the ride between.. but jack is a honest guy..

freaksfix
11-05-2002, 06:14 PM
:shock: did i hear missile kit?? who has it and how much??

Dynofox
11-06-2002, 01:06 AM
Mike, I am picking up an 84 dx 225 and its going to need rear axle bearings, where did you find the parts for your dr? Thanks!

Corey

MIK6
11-09-2002, 07:33 PM
225 DR update!!!

I got to ride it alittle today. I have fixed the peg, put a new throttle cable on, put on the grab bar/tail light and the mud flaps. Today I put the new pinion in and took it for a ride. A fun trike, but...
It has a few more things wrong w/ it than I originally thought. There is something not quite rite in the trans. It does not go into neutral/first correctlly. Neutral is above first, so its 1 down to first, then up 2 to 2nd. Has anyone had this happen w/ a Yamaha???? I know it should be all 5 up. It will go into reverse in any gear, was this normal? I have no neutral light, would this be caused by the "neutral safty switch"? I still have to trouble shot the electric start, it might be that switch. I still need to fix the bent forks, and swap the cracked cover(behind the pullstart), and put a longer pull rope in.
BUT today I was given acomplete Yamaha 200e(w/ shaft and reverse) w/ a bad frame. So I have a new set of forks, the pullstart I need and I think the cover will work too. It has the racks for it that I want too. I pick up[ the 200e tomarrow and I hope to get hte DR in better shape by mid week.

I'll keep everyone informed. Any Yamaha help / advice would be appreciated.

WISH ME LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

atvnut
11-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Hey Mike! Good luck with the dr. I hope its good to ya! Keep me posted on how its coming! Let me know if I can do anything to help. Hi Skip! I hope that trx is coming along nicely for you, and thank you for your kind words! Im very happy with the atc250r I got from Skip and would recomend him highly! Anybody wanna buy a warrior?....Jack

YamaChuck
11-09-2002, 08:15 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm pretty sure you'll find that the forks off the 200 E will not fit the DR. My 200E forks are much wider than my DR's. Check your light bulb on your instrument panel. It could be burned out. And that gear pattern is not right. The DR is designed to go into reverse while in 1st gear only. Same goes for going from reverse back into first.

YamaChuck
11-09-2002, 08:19 PM
Oh, one more thing. The rack systems are different also. Sheesh, your going to hate me with all this bad news ;) I do believe that the base of the motors are the same so the pull start should bolt right up.

Ace Mon
11-10-2002, 12:25 AM
Right on Hanley !!!! Glad to hear you got a sweet deal ! As for the 250r missle, I'm a much better friend to you than that fiendish Trikeaholic !!!! LOL take it easy bro

Trikeaholic
11-10-2002, 04:19 AM
I think my DX shifted 1 down 4 up, mabey I didnt understand the question, are the DX and DR that much different??

YamaChuck
11-10-2002, 10:53 AM
Same bike except that the DR has reverse. Also the DR's plastics are a little different.