PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty

MyMistress86R
05-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Define what loyalty means to you. What you would do out of it and what you would expect because of it. Then discuss...

Dammit!
05-02-2009, 12:03 AM
I'd tell my friends when their thread ideas suck. :lol:

The Goat
05-02-2009, 12:36 AM
mutual respect and trust...hell I'd say loyalty is love.

firehart
05-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Will there be a pop quiz and the end?

Truth, love, comitment. I'd say I was loyol to my friends and family. I've had the same ones for as long as I can remember.

girlsride2
05-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Loyalty is about unconditional love......

Triple B!
05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I believe that loyalty is putting your everything towards a certain cause whether it be your country, your religious belief, your spouse, children/family, your friends, etc, etc. Sticking by the cause unwaveringly no matter what the circumstance, and giving towards it because you unselfishly want to be a part of something bigger than yourself. (sorry if I'm getting all philosophical :) )

Of myself, for example, I have a loyalty to my husband. If temptation comes, or something tries to pull me in that direction I will stay true. I would die for him if it came to that, we took a vow to each other, and he means the world to me.
This holds true to many friends that I have as well, there are people I would take a bullet for because they means so much to me and we've been though alot.

What I would expect in return? I suppose firehart put it nicely by saying 'truth, love and commitment' A shoulder to cry on, and ear to listen, bail money (just kidding!!), a positive reinforcement when I need it, but also advice when there is a decision coming too, and simply put, a friend though thick and thin.:D

ATC-Eric
05-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Loyalty and comitment go hand in hand I think. You comit to something/somone out of respect, friendship, or love.

Another word that comes to mind, Sacrafice. In some cases being loyal can force you to sacrifice something, or endure some hardship for the respect, friendship, or love or something/someone.

In a relationship I expect/demand loyalty, because thats what I bring to the table.

I have a zero tollerance policy on cheaters. I dont care how much I love you, if you cheat on me, your gone! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!