PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x issues

86ATC200x
11-03-2002, 11:21 PM
i cant get teh swing arm bolt out of my swing arm so i can swap rear ends on my 200x.... i freid the bearings in the axles and the race on one is melted to the swing arm. so i cant just change bearing i gotta change the swing arm too. i tried soaking it with pb blaster and beating it with a lead hammer and it wont budge. i gotta get riding again please help

samster143
11-04-2002, 12:55 AM
When I replaced the swingarm bearings on my 85' 200x, we had one heck of a time removing the pivot bolt. Very large sledge hammer, one can off a propane torch, and lots of being pi$$ed off.... We finnally had to cut the pivot bolt with a saw and get a new one. I hope yours comes off more easily, but I think the saw thing is a common way to remove a frozed up pivot bolt. I've heard people say to remove and grease those things frequently to avoid this. I hope this helps you out. :(

1badass200x
11-04-2002, 09:11 PM
this what i had to do .i took everything off my frame put it in a press and pressed in out but it still came out hard and slow. if that don t work get a good saw . and if you need parts i got come.