PDA

View Full Version : Talk about PAIN!!!!!

tanks350x
05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I went to the dentist today to have an impacted wisdom tooth pulled. The novicane is just starting to wear off now! ouch!!!.. When I went there last week to get all the x-rays done, there was one in particular that I just had to have for myself. Doesn't hurt to ask right?. He agreed to send it to my email... Here it is
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/Roy20Coe1.jpg
I think it's pretty cool myself:naughty:

MonroeMike
05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Would be a cool avatar.

factoryX
05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
lol I was expecting something like this:

Rookie
05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Those things are cool. I got one of my sons skull a few years back. That was a bad tooth wasn't it.

Bryan Raffa
05-04-2009, 06:52 PM
oh I know the pain!!:cry:

Dirtcrasher
05-04-2009, 07:04 PM
DAM!! When you said "impacted", you meant it :lol:

Dammit!
05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I had two of them like that when I was 19. I couldn't afford a real dentist or general anastisia so I had to go to a medical/dental school to have them removed with just a local shot for the pain.

Worst. Pain. Ever.

SYKO
05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
to bad... all my wisdom teeth grew in normall..... well im not normal... so is it normal?

DixiePlowboy
05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
to bad... all my wisdom teeth grew in normall..... well im not normal... so is it normal?

Normal for me anyway. Mine grew in straight and pain free as well.

tanks350x
05-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Dr. first numbed it up with a q-tip swab with some sort of gel on it, then he went nuts with the needles:lol:.. His assistant said to me now would be a good time to pierce your tongue, ha,ha!.. I swear, you could've punched me in the face as hard as you could, and I probably would have laughed at ya, and said my turn!! :lol: they gave me all kinds of stuff for pain, 500mg. tylenol,,,600mg. ibuprofin,,, rx. oxycodone :naughty:,,,,and an rx of amoxicillin

Dirtcrasher
05-04-2009, 11:37 PM
^ Why does this force me to picture a "dental assistant" with a push up bra and the 1st three buttons undone?? :lol:

Please don't ruin my fantasy.......

Hope ya feel better

Nurse :drool: Assistant :drool:

Last weekend was SWEET!!, but I gotta get out more often real soon :D

Name Brand
05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
The tops of both my lower wisdom teeth are against the backside of the molars too. They've been like that a few years. They aren't pushing any teeth out of alignment, both are still under the gums and there is no pain from them. So there they stay; both my dentists (civilian and military) agree they don't need to come out. Fine by me!

rdlsz24
05-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I had all 4 of mine out at the same time about 5 years ago. A few days after my face was swollen and I had black eyes lol. I looked like I got beat up.

Rob

racerxxx
05-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I had all 4 of mine jacked a few years ago, got the gas to put me out-good stuff! When I woke up no pain, I could have gone back to work that day but still milked out my two days off, never took any pain meds. The DR. did a great job, no swelling, pain or balck and blue. The best part was when my wife came to get me (I couldn't drive home because I got the gas), she passed out, so I had to wait for her to recover:lol: :lol:

DeePa
05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
all 4 of mine were impacted...they knocked me out with gas and told me the teeth came out in pieces.

I was working the next day, but then i got dry sockets, and that sucked

fabiodriven
05-05-2009, 06:32 PM
but then i got dry sockets, and that sucked

I had three taken out in one day. I got knocked out as well, that's the only way to do it.

I narrowly avoided getting dry socket because I started smoking sooner than I should've.

ROY, DON'T START SMOKING TOO EARLY! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

oldtime3wheeler
05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
I had 3 of mine taken out while under gas. No pain at all. When I was in my early 20's I had 1 taken out and the butcher oral surgen wasnt gentle at all. Hurt for like 2 weeks

tanks350x
05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I had three taken out in one day. I got knocked out as well, that's the only way to do it.

I narrowly avoided getting dry socket because I started smoking sooner than I should've.

ROY, DON'T START SMOKING TOO EARLY! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, they said not to smoke for 48 hours. I'm not going to lie, I've had a pack or so. I pack the crap out of the area with gause and smoke carefully, If that's possible :lol: Short puffs, exhale out my nose:D

harryredtrike
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM
got all four pulled in the military.pulled on friday ran pt on monday,just used novacain:drool:

racerxxx
05-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Actually, they said not to smoke for 48 hours. I'm not going to lie, I've had a pack or so. I pack the crap out of the area with gause and smoke carefully, If that's possible :lol: Short puffs, exhale out my nose:D

Dude who are you, Bill Clinton (I didn't inhale!):w00t:

Sorry couldn't resist!

aaron7
05-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Ugh I had mine all out before they even poked through the gums. Not sure why... dentist said I had to. I was put under for it though and got plenty of percocet to feel better haha

Dirtcrasher
05-06-2009, 06:04 PM
ROY can't go 10 minutes without a smoke, even after the day a doctor tells him that 1 more will kill em...... :lol:

tanks350x
05-06-2009, 06:16 PM
ROY can't go 10 minutes without a smoke, even after the day a doctor tells him that 1 more will kill em...... :lol:

:D :D :D You know what? you're probably right:lol: :welcome:

Dirtcrasher
05-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I just hate to see people get sick from smoking. We ALL know by now that it's terrible for your health and they add chit it just to keep you guys addicted.

What do they care? You may die but your kids still smoke........ As long as they get paid, what do THEY care......

tanks350x
04-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I just hate to see people get sick from smoking. We ALL know by now that it's terrible for your health and they add chit it just to keep you guys addicted.

What do they care? You may die but your kids still smoke........ As long as they get paid, what do THEY care......

Talk about irony, look at what I'm going through now Steve, with my mom

3wheelmecca
04-03-2010, 11:52 PM
That x-ray is cool. I have to find the two I have. twisted arm bone that grew back that way and piece of 1/2" rebar through my calf. clear through. there wasnt enough anything anywhere to stop that.