PDA

View Full Version : WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ICE RACIN! "ICE" series

Bryan Raffa
05-11-2009, 08:19 AM
I was told NO.. WTF gives!! theres trikes on the gallery page!!!!!!!!!

GOTTA LOOK INTO THIS NOW!! IM PISSED...

http://www.icespeedway.com/

Bryan Raffa
05-11-2009, 08:21 AM
anyone know these guys?

who wants to race Glens falls NY next year.. Indoors ..if I set this up..:Bounce

Saul
05-11-2009, 10:10 AM
http://www.icespeedway.com/agal1.jpg

http://www.icespeedway.com/agal2.jpg

Two Airfoolers!

Meat-BoX
05-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I would love it and the Tecate is ready to go. Do you need to join the AMA and have a Tether? I will actually have a ton of seat time on the Tecate this summer and should feel comforatable enough to run with a group in a race.

Tri-Z 250
05-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Must MapQuest...Indoors in the winter only correct? Is it in a hockey rink or larger? Pits are indoors or out?

maggiesboy
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
anyone know these guys?

who wants to race Glens falls NY next year.. Indoors ..if I set this up..:Bounce

#73 is Lance Halworth from the Nampa Id area.

The other rider is John Jones from Nampa Id.

I have raced with Lance in some Masters class Quad stuff on a 1/4 clay stuff. He is one hell of a great guy, and I think he is the reason why they (ICE) ran a pro-3 wheel class in Everett Wa in December 08'.

That is the best I can do for you, other than I am good friends with Mrs. Jones (Chandra Swain before they got married) and her dad. Chandra was top 10 in ice points for numerous years.

Hope that helps you out Raffa

Russell 350X
05-11-2009, 11:10 PM
That would be kick ass to race indoors....I'm in if you get something set up Raffa.

Bryan Raffa
05-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Must MapQuest...Indoors in the winter only correct? Is it in a hockey rink or larger? Pits are indoors or out?

Indoor hocky rink ,, Pro size rink little bigger than Brapps POND!:naughty: :lol:

That would be kick ass to race indoors....I'm in if you get something set up Raffa.

workin on it russ

eddie pettengil
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Keep us up to date on this. They run once a year in NH and Mass and I would love to join one of those events. Ask How many trikes they need to have a class.

Bryan Raffa
05-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Keep us up to date on this. They run once a year in NH and Mass and I would love to join one of those events. Ask How many trikes they need to have a class.

eddie try diggin around yourself .. maybe the more that inquire the better,, Let them know that were serious about entering for battle:naughty:

I'm just as mutch in the dark as you to this.

please spread the word..:D

Bryan Raffa
05-12-2009, 06:13 PM
#73 is Lance Halworth from the Nampa Id area.

The other rider is John Jones from Nampa Id.

I have raced with Lance in some Masters class Quad stuff on a 1/4 clay stuff. He is one hell of a great guy, and I think he is the reason why they (ICE) ran a pro-3 wheel class in Everett Wa in December 08'.

That is the best I can do for you, other than I am good friends with Mrs. Jones (Chandra Swain before they got married) and her dad. Chandra was top 10 in ice points for numerous years.

Hope that helps you out Raffa

sounds like this is our in man,, can you contact this guy for me?

maggiesboy
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
sounds like this is our in man,, can you contact this guy for me?

Raffa, I will ask Chandra if I can give you her phone number. It is always good to have a fast chick on your side if you know what I mean when it comes to getting what you want in the motorsports world. She can then speak with you and Lance to get the ball rolling.

Give me a day or 2 to get ahold of her, I don't know her current work schedule, and I work nights.

Bill

Bryan Raffa
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Raffa, I will ask Chandra if I can give you her phone number. It is always good to have a fast chick on your side if you know what I mean when it comes to getting what you want in the motorsports world. She can then speak with you and Lance to get the ball rolling.

Give me a day or 2 to get ahold of her, I don't know her current work schedule, and I work nights.

Bill

Dude that is most Excellent .. no hurry.. but YES Ball rolling! totally stoked and I bet a few guys will be also.;)

maggiesboy
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
here is Chandra's myspace, That may be a good start for you.

www.myspace.com/chaindrive77

Bryan Raffa
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
cool.. got me going into summer wantin to ice race! thoes bar stool racers look like fun,,:naughty:

JohnR.
05-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm glad I saw this thread! I'm DEFINITELY in for a Glens Falls race. Its not too far from me either. I'd imagine that ChrisD would be in for it as well as my buddy Mike that hits the ice with us every year but isn't on here.

John

Bryan Raffa
05-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm glad I saw this thread! I'm DEFINITELY in for a Glens Falls race. Its not too far from me either. I'd imagine that ChrisD would be in for it as well as my buddy Mike that hits the ice with us every year but isn't on here.

John

I figured you guys would. heck thats a class right there.. cut the LEGS off that 330 on a hocky rink...:D

MIK6
05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Im in, let me figure out what that T3 wants for gearing and studs!! It sounds like a blast!!

MIK6 / Mike

eddie pettengil
05-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Guys, just a heads up. I'm sure you have to buy there studs. I dont think you can run gold screws or kold kutters.

Just over a 4 hr drive for me. if you make it happen I'm in.

chris200x
05-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm in.. if Russ will loan me some tires! :p :D :acr :cool: :TrikesOwn :beer

maggiesboy
05-13-2009, 10:17 PM
yes, you must run the screws that they sell you. Even in the Ice Breaker class, we had to buy our 100 screws from them at the cost of 15.00.

FYI... not even the pro classes in Everett and Portland got any practice, so just keep that in mind before your show starts.

one more tidbit of information, make sure your machines are spotless clean. The slightest bit of dirt and they will not allow you on the ice. I watched a buddy drop his head because of dried mud on the swinger of his 400EX.

The show is exactly that, a show. If you don't play the game they want you to, no race for you. Cater to the dog and pony show, they will love you to death.

JohnR.
05-13-2009, 10:25 PM
So you bought the screws from them and ran with only 100 screws or you bought the 100 screws from them to appease them and then went out with what you already had?

I'm not going to buy $200 worth of studs from them and buy 3 new tires to stud with them. If that's what they want I guess I'm out.

John

eddie pettengil
05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I think that the different classes have different amount of screw you can use. Like maggiesboy said, he got a 100 for his class and you can stud it any way you want but can only use those 100 screws. Also, these studs have no where near the grip that you are use to. They have to do it this way so the ice does not get destroyed.

here are some rules I found.

Tires and Racing Studs: At many races we do have a studded tire rental program available. Should you want to do up your own tires only SILVER ROCKETS .160 Racing Studs will be allowed. They are available in 5/8” and 1” screw shank lengths from I.C.E./WSRA. Tires of choice for most racers are Cheng Shin Knobbies (ice tires) or Turf Tamers. NO TIRE CUTTING.
1. There shall be no alterations to studs/screws, no washers or spacers under studs/screws, no overlapping of studs/screws, they must be installed straight in to tire knob and the serrated washer on the bottom of the stud head must be flush touching tire knob.

Bryan Raffa
05-14-2009, 06:50 AM
well that sucks no one's gonna wanna do it if they all gotta buy studs and tires.. just for a race

Meat-BoX
05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Will have to look into the studded tire rental program. I cant afford new tires and studs, im poor. If we can rent the tires for under $100 then it might be good. Would be fun to do. There was one here in Syracuse a few years ago. My friend went. Said the 1st race of the night ended with a guy in the wall and a badly broken leg. He said it was a good show and alot of fun for his family.

Bryan Raffa
05-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Will have to look into the studded tire rental program. I cant afford new tires and studs, im poor. If we can rent the tires for under $100 then it might be good. Would be fun to do. There was one here in Syracuse a few years ago. My friend went. Said the 1st race of the night ended with a guy in the wall and a badly broken leg. He said it was a good show and alot of fun for his family.

you really think there gonna have a studded tecate front tire ...tri -z and whatever else,,,,,maybe if you had one of the top quads:(

eddie pettengil
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
I do not have a problem with the stud deal. It's a small price to pay to show that we are still here on 3 wheels. I'm sure some of the crowed would be shocked at what we can do with them on a flat track. It would be good for us and for the future of trike classes at any event.

-Chin Shin tires $ 100.
-Front tire Stud what you have.
-Cheap rims $ 40 (you might have a set that works).
-Studs $ ?

To have faster lap times than the quads, PRICELESS.

ChrisD
05-14-2009, 08:53 PM
I spoke with the people at ICE a couple years ago and got the brush off. I honestly doubt that you will get the time of day, but if you do, I will race....well if I have time...I know I have been hard to get the past few months, but I have a very demanding job and have to tend to that before fun.

Everyone is right, keep in mind that they use "less sharp" studs than kold kutters so if you do have to buy studs and tires, they will not work well outside of the racing you do with ICE.

JohnR.
05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
You're going to need a minimum of 1000 studs to do the job properly so you're looking at $150 in studs minimum. So even if I use the rims I already have I'll be into it for $250, plus the entry fee, plus the fuel back and forth, plus a possible hotel for the night, plus fuel for the trike. At that point its going to be a $500 weekend for something I can go 4 miles down the road and do. I discussed a trike class with the promoter of the Lake George ice races a few years ago and he was receptive to the idea but the weather crapped out that year and pretty much every year since. They will not allow us at ANY AMA sanctioned event and from what I understand many of the ATV events of any sort are sanctioned by the AMA because they are able to provide the necessary insurance. There was going to be an outlaw race on the lake here this year but it never materialized. The other race that was supposed to take place here was rained out but a friend of mine is a member of the MC club that was sponsoring it and he pushed pretty hard for a trike class but since it was insured through the AMA it was out of the question. Fortunately, if it isn't AMA next time he will push for us to have a class again. At that point I'll be getting after all of you to take a ride to my neck of the woods so we can make a strong showing.

John

Iceracer
05-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Ya'll caught my interest, There is going to be a Ice series in Binghampton Quads and Speedway bikes as of now, I will talk to the promoter if you all want to run a Trike class with us. Hell I might even convert my tweaked Lt chassis to a Trike.

JohnR.
05-15-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd be down for it as long as I don't have to spend a few hundred dollars on a bunch of stuff I already have like the other series requires.

John

Bryan Raffa
05-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I'd be down for it as long as I don't have to spend a few hundred dollars on a bunch of stuff I already have like the other series requires.

John

I agree... its hard enough these days...:(

Iceracer
05-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Ya, I hear ya I didn't spend the money for the one race this year indoors. Went and watched and talked to the promoter, next year there will be at least 3 races for his series and the two Xiir's so at that point I can make my money back....... I know where your all comin from, lot to spend for a SHOW...........

eddie pettengil
05-15-2009, 11:14 PM
where would this be at?

maggiesboy
05-18-2009, 10:16 PM
okay fellas, I spoke with Kirk Swain, Chandra's father. He told me to let you guys know that you when you speak or email them, let them know that you know the Swain's thru a mutual friend and that should be enough for you guys. The promoter thinks the world of that family.

That is what I can do for you guys, if someone from this forum would like to speak with Kirk personally, PM me for his phone number.

Bill