PDA

View Full Version : all show no go.. blaster pics!!

GreenLightening
07-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Its alive. Never thought I could have so much fun on a ((cough)) blaster. The womans goin to be mad as hell when Im riding her wheeler around all the time. lol but what the hell, she didnt build it. ;)

GreenLightening
07-21-2003, 02:43 PM
acutally all show no go isnt exactly true. the little thing flys around pretty damn good. Just not really in the same category as compared to my tecate and raptor.

Jeb
07-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Nice Blaster! Got to love those 18x11-10 Fast Trekkers! :-D

ATC crazy
07-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Very sharp...nice work

HemiChallenger71
07-21-2003, 08:55 PM
What is the front end off of? Banshee?

Blaster's are fun and reliable bikes. I hope they fix the one very last flaw the bike ever had, the oil injection. I think the newer one's are a lot more reliable but you never know. They move allright for a quad and they are nice and small and easy to work on.

Honda300ex
07-22-2003, 01:40 PM
very nice, love the tires.. just need to loose the lt250r style mayier nose piece.....

GreenLightening
07-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys.

There really is something about those rear tires. Look great and bite well also. even in sand. I just cant believe they put those nasty 8" rims and baloon tires on em from the factory. Only problem with the new rear tires and rims is now its geared for pulling stumps. I even replaced the front sprocket by one tooth bigger. Have another sprocket on order for the rear. we will see how it works.

The nose piece is a maier part. I wouldnt ride it with the stock front plastic. there is nothing uglier, in my opinion, then a stock blaster. They just look strange with the snub nose and headlight way up in the air.

The first thing I did was unhook the oil injector. some say they work some say they dont. I have no idea. Myself I would rather mix the gas anyway. and on the plus side you can get rid of that oil tank that makes a huge mess under the seat.

200xer
07-22-2003, 08:52 PM
I like the plastic, and the whole bike. Very Nice.

REDMAN225
07-24-2003, 01:40 AM
very sweet blaster!!!!!!!!!!!

MudyTrikeGrl
07-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Nice Blaster... if you wanted to keep the headlight on ( I like to go night riddin) can you with the Maier racing hood?? I have always wondered if you could change the headlight wiring around to accomidate 2 smaller round lights (something like the banshee)

Gives me thoughts for mine, where did you get the graphics????

GreenLightening
07-28-2003, 06:55 PM
I think the factory headlight will work with the maier hood.

I actually do have a headlight on this one. Its not the best though, and wouldnt recommend this setup for anyone who does any hardcore night riding. it is fine for most regular night riding. Does not make enough light for serious jumping or winding trails. You can see the light mounted just below the nose on the front. its just a normal accessory fog light kit you can buy at any auto parts store.

I think the blaster can power up to 75w worth of lights on it. I have a 50w light on the front and then a raptor taillight on the rear. I couldnt use both lights in the kit because it would have used too much power. I used all the stock wiring(headlight switch and factory wires). just had to add some wire to get to the new headlight.

as far as the graphics go. I painted all the plastic and the frame. It looked like hell when I bought it. white and black all faded and ugly. I had painted a couple of wheelers for other guys and liked them so much I wanted one for myself.

Dynofox
07-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Nice job! How do you like the pipe?

3WheelsForever
07-28-2003, 09:04 PM
That looks awesome. Great Job. How did you paint the plastic and what kind of paint did you use. I found some plastic adhesive and some flexible primer but im not sure how well it will work.

GreenLightening
07-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Dynofox, thanks.

I like the pipe. looks like a million bucks. I didnt ride the machine hardly at all with the stock pipe, so I cant really compare them. I know the little beast runs good for a 200. It has the fmf sst pipe, v-force reeds, polished ports, and its bored to the max. I dont know how much that is but it has apparently had a hard life. I fried a piston and took the jug in to get bored and they said thats the last bore they can do. next it will have to have a big bore kit. Its no 250 but for a 200 I am impressed.

GreenLightening
07-28-2003, 09:26 PM
3Wheels

thanks,

I painted the plastic basically the same way you would paint anything else. the first thing you have to do is run a d/a sander over the plasitic. I used 320 grit paper. make sure you use a scuff pad on all the edges you dont get with the sander. none of the plastic can be shiny. It all has to be roughed up to get paint to stick.

Not too rough though, if its too damn rough, your paint wont lay down like its sopposed to. I painted the blaster 03 ford sonic blue with chrysler intense blue ghost flames. both heavy metallic colors. and metallics dont lay down very nice on ruff plastic anyway. but they still look hella good.

I use all basic dupont paints. sealers basecoats and clearcoats.
the only thing I do different for plastic fenders is i have an adhesion promoter that I spray two coats on before I spray anything else. I also use flex addittive in the sealer and then in the clearcoat. but I usually use flex in everything I spray anyway, metal or plastic.

Almost too long of a post but hope some of the info helps ya out. any more questions, just ask.

AirManCam
07-30-2003, 01:21 PM
WHOAH! id like a paint job liek that on the banshee :twisted:

Manny55
08-07-2003, 11:35 PM
How good does it go

AirManCam
08-08-2003, 03:25 PM
There you go again manny! Bringing them back from the dead!LOL. He said it goes really good.