PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive! Well, almost!

catfishwhisker
10-10-2002, 10:20 PM
Here's the FrankenX project. I couldn't find any pipes for it so I had to use the ugly stock ones for now. Got to get some brakes rigged up next. I did get to putt around in the yard the other day though. This thing is just too high geared. I'll have to change sprockets or maybe some smaller tires. Right now I'll bet this thing will fly on topend! This is what I was wanting the "porterville foil" to go on. I'll post some action shots as soon as I get it going (and stopping).

Kilborg
10-11-2002, 12:44 AM
Looks like a raked out deathtrap. Bet its fun to ride on a smooth surface though.

ATCRYDER
10-11-2002, 07:21 AM
heh--thats dammn cool@

lets get soem specs...its obviously a streetbike engine..

Howdy
10-11-2002, 07:30 AM
Cool catfishwhisker, Looks to be a unique ride. lol

P.S. I wrked the picture some. I deleted the white on the edges and made it 25% bigger. ;)

Scott
10-12-2002, 08:51 PM
Cool! Looks like a Yamaha RD 350 engine, did you use the 200 x frame or did you use the yamaha frame and adapt the forks and swingarm?

Kingsnake
10-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Wow! That thing looks pretty wicked man! 8)
It must go like a bat out of hell and I can't imagine it turns all too well with that front end raked out like that... :shock: lol
I'd love to see some action pics and hear more about it!
Good luck with it man! :-D

Cheers!
Sean

catfishwhisker
10-13-2002, 10:57 AM
I just put the 200X swingarm and forks on the DS7 frame. Actually it's a pretty easy swap. Yes it does have a rake to it, but it turns better than you'd think. Here's a pic of another conversion that I used to race back in the 80's. I didn't convert this one, it was already done when I bought it. It's a TM 125. I don't know what kind of swingarm or forks were used on this one. I wish I could find some more fenders like those though. I sold it years ago, no telling where it is now. It was one heck of a flattracker!