PDA

View Full Version : Hey tattoo'd guys

Banage
05-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Im going for my second tattoo in a couple days and I did it for my first one cause I didnt know, but do you guys tip the artist?

dcreel
05-15-2009, 04:26 PM
I haven't tipped any of the artists who have done my tattoos. Hopefully you will work with a good artist and give him regular steady work. Pass him more work through word of mouth advertising. Believe me, the tip is already in the price.

jakesdad36
05-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I agree with dcreel the tip is in the price I have never tipped an artist and I have plenty of Ink

Bryan Raffa
05-15-2009, 08:01 PM
never tipped.... few drinks yes.

AutoXer
05-15-2009, 08:20 PM
never tipped I also think that it is included in the price ... most guys that are good will get $100/hour ...... do you tip your doctor lol

outtaline
05-15-2009, 08:39 PM
My brothers an artist I tip do you tip a bartender if you like the service p.s. you don't tip a dentist cause he is doing something you need not something you want you don't tip a bartender cause you need a drink its cause you want it

Banage
05-15-2009, 08:48 PM
maybe this is a good one for the "this vs that" page haha??? I like the being cheap thinking the tip is in the caust part of the deal, but I worrie they will remember me next time!! eh well, I got 4 days to think about it. Thanks for the reply

harryredtrike
05-15-2009, 10:21 PM
i have five,and have never tipped an artist.i went to them because they are good so i dont tip for a good job

tanks350x
05-15-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm on the fence with this one, if someone referred you to a person, and they give you a smoking deal, because you know that person, I would give a tip. For instance, I got this one for $120, over 4 hours, I tipped the guy $20
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures2077.jpg

The Goat
05-16-2009, 01:09 AM
my friend is an artist...tip

My thing is...if the tattoo looks good, you tip, if it looks like crap...yeah they don't deserve it.

after the original debacle, I can't find someone who's work I admire enough to put more ink on me.

factoryX
05-16-2009, 03:02 AM
pssh, paying a guy $125 to poke holes in you with ink is a tip...lol

Banage
05-16-2009, 07:38 AM
I should of brought this up for my first one. I tipped and im not too happy with it. there is a lot of missed spots. But Im not upset about it because I spend a lot of time in the sun so I know I will have to get it recolored in a few years. I switched artist for this one. Now I just gotta find the exact coloring I want. I know I'm getting a fox racing head, but just plain ol red or black sounds (in the tone of Homer) boring!!!

The Goat
05-16-2009, 08:01 AM
pssh, paying a guy $125 to poke holes in you with ink is a tip...lol

125$ for something that will last my entire life? You don't go cheap when it comes to tats...

that's how you end up with blurry miscolored pictures that looks like crap.

It's taken me 8 years since my first one to find an artist I'm willing to let stick me with a needle.

Now I just have to head down to orlando to get the work done.

I want a penguin gutting a polar bear...and a tattoo of Bender... I'm just not sure on what position I want bender to be in.

People chuckle because it's a cartoon character...but it's a cartoon character who personifies a lot of things I enjoy.

SYKO
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
yea im loaded with tats and within the next two months both my arms will be finished solid I may do somw on my wrists and fingers and my back will be nearly done.... did I tip? hell no! he knows if he screws it up im going to beat his ass! plus I draw out all my own tats and he puts them on.

Triple B!
05-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Hello!!!!!

I'm not a tattooed dude but I do have 5 tats so I'll donate my two cents...:cool:

I've given tip of some kind to each person whose given me a tattoo. I mean it's not like a normal business like say, Ruby Tuesday's, a hospital, or Wal-Mart; where work is almost always guaranteed. Tattoo artists work by the job as they get each one. I can see not tipping if they didn't do as good of a job, but if you appreciate their work and are expecting to return to that artist in the future it would make sense to me to tip appropriately.

The only one I didn't tip for was the one on my neck, because a friend of mine paid for it at a tattoo/art expo thingy....:)

Banage
05-20-2009, 10:29 PM
well........... I decided not to tip. He did great work, and I am much more happy with this one vs. my first one. BUT I figured, it causted me $100, and only took, I bleep you not 23 minutes. since shop rate is $80/hour, I figured I got hit in the wallet enough. Thanks again for the feedback

MonroeMike
05-20-2009, 11:54 PM
All this discussion and no pic of the final ink?

Triple B!
05-22-2009, 08:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing... all this talk about your tattoo you were getting, and you didn't take any pictures????

X owner We're waiting! haha