PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down Fund / Wife help

whyzee
05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
i have been a regular at Rocky Hill Motocross for about 11 years now, on and off. It was and still is my home away from home, as is 3WW.
On march 31st this year I suffered a serious injury which will leave me with only partial use of my left hand. Fortunatly i have insurance which is paying for all the hospital bills and surgery. Unfortunatly , I am self employed and will be out of work for quite some time. My wife has picked up the slack and is working over 80hrs a week to make ends meet. I am asking for the tinest donation to help give her at least one day off. She deserves it and I would love to show her how our motocross/riding family sticks together, because right now she hates everything about motocross and 3 wheelers.
The account is setup through paypal you just send any donation to the email address rsvsasap@yahoo.com
Thank You for any help you may offer
Chris Peck ,used to ride 07 CRF250R #4 now I will just ride my 1985 350X one handed and still be sooo happy , if we can pull this off for my wife and family

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x217/kumalogan/n1147364056_459906_6310945.jpg

my new hand with a severed median nerve
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x217/kumalogan/screws.jpg

me and one of my girls :)
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x217/kumalogan/mykayla.jpg

my twin girls
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x217/kumalogan/chris019.jpg

no words needed.......
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x217/kumalogan/100_28201-1.jpg

SYKO
05-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I dont have a whole lot but I threw some towards ya, many of us can only wish for someone like your wife to look after you... if I got hurt I would just be hurt.

whyzee
05-16-2009, 06:01 PM
I dont have a whole lot but I threw some towards ya, many of us can only wish for someone like your wife to look after you... if I got hurt I would just be hurt.

Thank yoy so much fo the laugh/compliment and the donation. you are awesome bro!:beer

plastikosmd
05-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I see the scaphoid fracture, why the accutrac screw across the LT joint (left side of film)

Howdy
05-16-2009, 11:00 PM
I broke my scaphoid bone about 16 years ago. Well i actually broke it about 3-4 times in less than 6 months. I had it x-rayed right after the first break and they said nothing was wrong, just sprained. When it was all said and done with I had 2 surgerys and a cast or splint for 18 months out of 2 years. I really wished I had the coin to send you.
Howdy

Dammit!
05-16-2009, 11:43 PM
I just sent enough cash to send one of your daughters to college... for about three seconds. And it has to be a community college. In the ghetto. :lol:

whyzee
05-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I see the scaphoid fracture, why the accutrac screw across the LT joint (left side of film)

That was to reconnect one of the ligaments I ripped right off the bone ...i was thinking the same thing until i read the operation report...still doesn't make much sense, maybe the lunate was cracked also...i better reread it:wondering

whyzee
05-17-2009, 08:47 AM
I just sent enough cash to send one of your daughters to college... for about three seconds. And it has to be a community college. In the ghetto. :lol:

Dammit, somehow I knew you would be one of the first to step up to the plate.
Thank you bro!!:beer

whyzee
05-17-2009, 08:49 AM
I broke my scaphoid bone about 16 years ago. Well i actually broke it about 3-4 times in less than 6 months. I had it x-rayed right after the first break and they said nothing was wrong, just sprained. When it was all said and done with I had 2 surgerys and a cast or splint for 18 months out of 2 years. I really wished I had the coin to send you.
Howdy

omg howdy....i will be in and out of casts for 6 months

I have set this same donation fund up on ebay!!! You guys rock! so far you have donated almost $400 to my wife. I didn't tell her yet...wait until I do :w00t:
Thank you guys!!

plastikosmd
05-17-2009, 09:20 AM
so there was a lunate dislocation also (trans-scaphoid perilunate) ? I tend to just pin those, screw across scaphoid. it is a tough injury. every one that i have done is back to work but it does take time. the median nerve is the bigger of the issues longterm. what cut the nerve?

aaron7
05-17-2009, 10:05 AM
We have a doctor in the house? haha

whyzee, sorry to hear about the injury... I have no idea what any of that stuff means but it doesn't sound like fun.

I can't swing a donation yet, but when I can, I will!

plastikosmd
05-17-2009, 03:14 PM
somethin i like to read about ;)

whyzee
05-19-2009, 11:00 AM
so there was a lunate dislocation also (trans-scaphoid perilunate) ? I tend to just pin those, screw across scaphoid. it is a tough injury. every one that i have done is back to work but it does take time. the median nerve is the bigger of the issues longterm. what cut the nerve?

Wow, you understand it !!!! not sure what cut the nerve and completely crushed it. I will get the re read the or report. But this Dr. ( Dr. Slade ) he drills tinly holes in all my little hand bones there, iserts a wire, and pulls them into place. This entire operation was done with a latrhoscope (sp) He said this was about the worst he has seen , that wasn't completely broken open involing the arm bones.
My lunate. scaphoid were rotated 180 degrees from where they should have been and pushed up and over my other bones...:wondering
I mean i did crash 5th gear wide open , and woke up from my concussion 30 secondsw later like this :drool: but I was instinctivly holding my hand onto my arm with my right hand.... I knew it was bad:(

GUYS YOU HAVE DONATED NEARLY $500........YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!! ANYBODY Who would like to help can still do so, my situation has not changed other than you guys making our car payments this month! You guys rock, you are all my 3 wheeled brothers! Not to get to sappy but , Love you guys ! You have no idea what you have done!!!

outtaline
05-19-2009, 11:27 AM
don't have a paypal give me an address were I can send a postal money order

plastikosmd
05-19-2009, 05:45 PM
So ya went to Yale huh? I have heard Dr. Slade talk a few times. He seems like a good guy. I have never seen the median nerve severed by this type of injury. I have had a few patients with median nerve damage as the lunate pops out/compresses or damages the nerve in the process. You must have been movin when you were injured. pm me if i can help, good luck. wife has cut off paypal access for me, shoot me your snail mail address and I will see what I can round up.

whyzee
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
don't have a paypal give me an address were I can send a postal money order

wow , thanks guys
My address is
chris peck
10 slaughterhouse road
new preston, CT 06777
you guys amaze me

whyzee
05-19-2009, 09:52 PM
So ya went to Yale huh? I have heard Dr. Slade talk a few times. He seems like a good guy. I have never seen the median nerve severed by this type of injury. I have had a few patients with median nerve damage as the lunate pops out/compresses or damages the nerve in the process. You must have been movin when you were injured. pm me if i can help, good luck. wife has cut off paypal access for me, shoot me your snail mail address and I will see what I can round up.

yea , I was movin' alright 5th gear wide open, hit a huge breaking bump ( i was braking waaay later than most :) went over the bars and woke up holding my wrist saying omg, i broke my wrist

outtaline
05-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I'll send it when I can man the tourist season is over down here and I do fishing charters for a livin so things are startin to get tight for the year I'll send what I can when I can:beer